Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 05-15-2014, 12:26 AM
Planar Protector

I agree. Most recently I've given out a ton of free FS weapons and platinum while camping guards in Oggok. There's a lot of new players on red and they appreciate it. I've bought their bonechips, too.

The resists are classic and so are the HP/damage table. I'm not sure why Nirgon makes these threads, really.
Old 05-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Banned

I went through Neriak multiple times per day and there were never groups of people camping guards. Ever. On any server.

Why would there be lists to get into solb/guk groups if people could just camp the guards for xp? Sure there's items that drop in those zones but would people rather have just done nothing?

I have 2 people in here disagreeing with me. One thinks necros were terrible in pvp, the other thinks wizards are useless in pve. Another thinks he knows more about a class in pvp than someone who won a live botb for his server, (I think) 2nd place overall and the one here.

The guide mentions Reskin/Tolus in EC, I killed them too on live and think they are fine here. I also killed the 2 guards in West Commons on live along with the druids there and in EC. These guards are not inside of a town, there is no point bringing them up. In fact if those guards incorrectly had their resists scaled way up, I would have a thread saying "hey you shouldn't have changed these".

Is Butcher Block a town? Am I suggesting those be changed? No. I have no idea why you'd try to support your argument with guards OUTSIDE of towns. Please go through this thread and find where I ask for resist changes be made to Guard Reskin/Tolus or the Butcher Block guards, I know people xp'd off of those.

The guide mentioning Neriak guards is suggesting a pet class kill them with new pets.

Quote:
With the new 54 pet and kei
from your source. Sorry but that to me has nothing to do with root holding on them. Am I debating an epic pet or otherwise super strong pet should be able to kill them? No. But you will use someone with some PoP+ era pet killing them to some how twist the argument that they shouldn't have high magic resists.

The guards I listed in Freeport did see invis, before we got to the point where you stalked my threads over a single xp loss I decided to be nice and say yes that sometimes npcs could spawn without see invis (you seemed upset). However, I can't think of a single NPC that only SOMETIMES spawned with see invis inside of a town (in dungeons sure).

I've gone through the same kind of shit like this with resist poison stacking with Talisman of Shadoo and being able to charm Sirran in sky with dictate. It's obvious what people like you are trying to do here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree. Most recently I've given out a ton of free FS weapons and platinum while camping guards in Oggok.
Selfish interests. You don't want your easy xp taken away, I get it. I have no problem with you guys casting a couple snares until one lands and stays for its duration. I do have a problem with guards basically never resisting a root and it holding for its entire duration on them. For this same reason when people could kill town front guards they would kite it with snare, never root and rot.
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-15-2014 at 01:00 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 01:06 AM
Planar Protector

You asked for proof that people hunted these guards. We posted proof, and all you have are personal insults.

"Shits classic" bro. Close your thread.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:10 AM
Banned

Where does it say you can keep them rooted? I see that you can plow them with some PoP+ era pet but nothing about root holding.

Again a guy who thinks necros sucked in classic pvp (you still think this, a complete laughing stock to the RZ veterans here) and a guy who thinks wizards are useless in PvE (do you raid? can you quad kite by yourself?).

I know town front guards would have snare casted several times on them before it stuck then they were kited down (before town front guard buff patch). Here's something else you might be able to put together, snare never broke on damage and always held full duration until dispelled, given it may take a couple casts on a high resist target. You can see in my live parses that occasionally root would land on them but almost immediately break. I would expect snares to land on them with the same resist rate but to last their full duration. But, they were *never* *ever* able to be kept rooted. Killed? Yes. Permanently rooted without fear of it breaking? Not even close.

You are desperately trying to link things like butcher block guards that I agree should be killable here or east commons guards.

I like the "non classic" see invis comment when someone blatantly says they saw invis. Why else would they say he did? Oh, he did.

Stay clueless!
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-15-2014 at 01:16 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 01:18 AM
Planar Protector

Those links say in-town guards, the EQNecro link mentions farming both Kaladim guards in Kaladim and Troll guards in Grobb.

Also sweet personal attacks. Do you have *any* classic-era evidence at all to support your claims?
Old 05-15-2014, 01:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I went through Neriak multiple times per day and there were never groups of people camping guards. Ever. On any server.
You played simultaneously on every server?

It's pretty clear from the great majority of your posts that you didn't actually play early classic EQ. You are clueless.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:28 AM
Planar Protector

By the way, Nirgon is now trying to harass me via PM here on the forums. I guess when you have no valid arguments, you just resort to getting angry. Also:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a guy who thinks wizards are useless in PvE (do you raid? can you quad kite by yourself?).
Stop taking things about of context you freaking strawman. Wizards are absolutely one of the worst classes in PvE for the typical group setup. The fact that you continue to say otherwise (or just ignore it and point at how they are good for killing Dragons/Gods or good at quad-kiting) shows how blind you are. We had MULTIPLE Wizards in our guild quit the game during Kunark era because they were upset at how relatively useless they were.

You see, in actual CLASSIC Everquest, people didn't roll Wizard to quad-kite (do you even realize how long it could take a Wizard to get to that level to begin with?) and very few people were actually getting to constantly kill a Dragon/God. Server populations were much higher, making camps more crowded. It was very difficult for Wizards to get into groups, as their lack of effectiveness became more and more understood. The thing that did actually make playing Wizard fun at times, getting to quickly blast things down with magic, even stopped being useful for the higher level areas.

Getting back to the topic at hand - the FACTUAL game updates state that guards inside cities were not buffed. The only thing that was changed was their spawn time. WHY on earth are you arguing with the actual classic EQ patch updates???
Old 05-15-2014, 03:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have *any* classic-era evidence at all to support your claims?
Yes and I just bumped that Sergeant Slate thread with more evidence too.

In town guards were always like this. Imagine my lack of surprise when they were like this on both live and eqmac. Town front guards did change though in terms of resists (extremely), but even they were like the in town guards before the immunity to spells change.. it was just easier to pull them away from the town and fight them in the open where the other guards (with huge assist radius) would jump in along with the confined area inside the town. You never rooted those guards, they had to be snared and it took quite a few attempts to get the snare to land.

I played a lot of classic EQ and shared characters on the Povar and Tunare servers with people. You can check the link in my sig for proof of my history on Rallos Zek during.... 1999. Oh and I was in PK guilds for much of my leveling career. We leveled off things like the treants in south karana, druid npcs and guards all the time but you could never just easily/permanently root in the town guards. I would have killed those (like the Halas guards which are in an obscure enough place) instead of killing Cyndreela in front of the fear portal.

I'd prefer to take the bull shit to PMs/RNF, yes but you two have to try and clog these threads up to prevent the devs from paying attention to them and implementing the changes.
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-15-2014 at 03:21 AM..
Old 05-15-2014, 03:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WHY on earth are you arguing with the actual classic EQ patch updates???
Old 05-15-2014, 03:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
To that end, we have buffed up these newbie-protecting guards, made them immune to magic,
Those newbie guards referred to in the patch notes from 5/12/2000 are the ones in front of towns like the bashers in front of Grobb or the line of guards along the Freeport gates. I posted that same patch note (I do know which guards were changed by that patch) in another thread that got it changed here when I saw people using Cabilis town front guards used to kill the Tangrin in Field of Bone.

Not the ones that patrolled inside the towns. So you have no idea what that patch note relates to and are wrong. That patch did nothing to change anything about the in town guards.

People that played on live (hi!) can tell you this.

In fact, I KNOW the ones in town shouldn't be immune, just extremely resistant.. matching the live parses.

Edit: oh hey look they even say the guards INSIDE THE TOWNS are unchanged in terms of strength/resists

Quote:
In addition, though we have left the guards inside cities as-is from the perspective of power
This thread is becoming more about educating you than defending my point.

Why do you link patch notes when you don't know what it applies to? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Nirgon; 05-15-2014 at 03:24 AM..