Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol alright guys I fail, I will give it up because I enjoy this server enough to not worry about it. It gets me riled up sometimes to think of how much fun it would be, but I've been around long enough to know it wont happen here. This is my first time playing pure PvE on any game and I'm having some fun as of now.
I'm far from "for PvP" on this particular project. But I do give you props as you do raise good points & can articulate your argument better than most of the people who normally start with: "Need to pwn nubs with the hax, if you don't like Pvp your a fucking pussy blue fag lulz!"
Old 08-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Aviak

LMFAO nice =p
Old 08-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeldiablosX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LMFAO nice =p
You really need to admit to yourself that you have 0 idea what EQ PvP is. You're talking about Rogues sneaking around for hours? Do you understand what see invis does? Zone camping is also expected and that's why you zone in with multiple people in your group and ready to fight. Seriously, you're just so massively misinformed about what EQ PvP is that you should stop posting.

I find it amazing that the idea of adding an NPC that ports you to some unused zone where you're PvP flagged upsets people so much. Don't fucking use it if you don't want it! More support/petitions/whatever? PvP eliminated support issues.

Jesus christ this is pathetic going over the same issues over and over with RETARDS who don't know ANYTHING about PvP or EQ PvP who rehash the same boring old arguments that are completely invalid as a reason why no one should get even a tiny bit of release for PvP outside of duels or "that PvP zone Arena". FUCK!

I especially love the "you don't even want PvP you just want to victimize me because I'm a newb" complaints. Are you seriously that mentally deficient that you think a single zone with no rewards for PvP that isn't even used by any expansion that will ever exist on this server is a way to victimize newbs? Make it so you have to agree 100 times to enter the zone before you get ported in, I don't give a fuck.

On the flip side some of the Devs/GMs keep trying to do these fucking PvP event things where you have to add your name to a sign up list and all this BULLSHIT that completely impedes people from just having some actual PvP fights which is all most of us want.
Last edited by azxten; 08-23-2010 at 02:32 PM..
Old 08-23-2010, 02:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallenn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't mean to imply that PvP ruined that other server- it was the players that ruined it. MMO PvP attracts a certain type of person to it. I'm not suggesting that you, or any of the people that have asked for PvP on P99 are among those. However, you cannot deny that if PvP begins to become more prevalent, those types of people- probably the very ones who have ruined VZ/TZ (or whatever it's called) will also be attracted to P99.

No doubt most of them have already created characters here- but so far, they quickly learn that P99 has nothing for them, they get bored, and they rarely play here. If PvP takes more of a role here, those same jerks that ruined your server will come here to ruin this one, too.

I have never played on that emulator pvp server, I have just read about it on here. I would never play on a server that had no population or had a reputation for cheaters on it. I saw someone talk about project 1999 on a youtube video for some other game - I just found out about EQ emulators.

Something that will ruin a PvP server quick is knowing others are cheating. No one wants to compete with a cheater. I have heard that the emulator pvp server has cheating on it and thats why it is the way it is. It also has people running several characters at once, which I wouldn't be interested in doing. I enjoy just playing my one character and wouldn't want the hassle. This server is better with getting rid of that crap and if you could cheat on this server I would think the cheating would still exist even if there was no PvP. Its an emulator and there is nothing to lose for trying to cheat.

Its dumb to say the only reason the emulator PvP server died was because PvPers are immature and ruin communities. There are a lot of other servers with no one on them. I also don't know why you think people that enjoy PvP come here, get bored and leave. Obviously they are out there because I see a lot of threads about PvP on this site and we all come here knowing there is no PvP. I don't think any of us really planned on coming to this server and expected to have the influence to change its way. You see people having requests all the time that "aren't classic" or wanting the expansions released sooner than the current timeline. Things aren't exactly how they want but this is still the best alternative. These PvP threads really just come up from nostalgia since some of us always played PvP back in 1999.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:31 PM
Aviak

Don't assume you know anything about me, I do know pvp quite well actually. What I am tired of is people who fail altogether like yourself. You just assume whatever about someone reguardless. Been playing mmo's for quite sometime most likely well before you even knew what they was. Take your QQ'ing elsewhere if you have nothing constructive to talk about instead of assuming everyone is as retarded as yourself when it comes to pvp.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You really need to admit to yourself that you have 0 idea what EQ PvP is. You're talking about Rogues sneaking around for hours? Do you understand what see invis does? Zone camping is also expected and that's why you zone in with multiple people in your group and ready to fight. Seriously, you're just so massively misinformed about what EQ PvP is that you should stop posting.

I find it amazing that the idea of adding an NPC that ports you to some unused zone where you're PvP flagged upsets people so much. Don't fucking use it if you don't want it! More support/petitions/whatever? PvP eliminated support issues.

Jesus christ this is pathetic going over the same issues over and over with RETARDS who don't know ANYTHING about PvP or EQ PvP who rehash the same boring old arguments that are completely invalid as a reason why no one should get even a tiny bit of release for PvP outside of duels or "that PvP zone Arena". FUCK!

I especially love the "you don't even want PvP you just want to victimize me because I'm a newb" complaints. Are you seriously that mentally deficient that you think a single zone with no rewards for PvP that isn't even used by any expansion that will ever exist on this server is a way to victimize newbs? Make it so you have to agree 100 times to enter the zone before you get ported in, I don't give a fuck.

On the flip side some of the Devs/GMs keep trying to do these fucking PvP event things where you have to add your name to a sign up list and all this BULLSHIT that completely impedes people from just having some actual PvP fights which is all most of us want.
Who is this We, all or Us you refer to? other than the handful of people that have mentioned something on this thread?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeldiablosX [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who is this We, all or Us you refer to? other than the handful of people that have mentioned something on this thread?
The tons of people on this server who played RZ/TZ/VZ/SZ that want some kind of PvP to relive their classic experiences.

Yeah, you're some kind of PvP pro who isn't even smart enough to know about See Invis and thinks EQ PvP involves Rogues sneaking around for hours until someone gives up and logs.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:52 PM
Banned

Also another point I want to make about the kind of people PvP servers attract. Those same people that everyone hates on PvP servers are on this server as well. Someone that has never played on a PvP server may be this type of person, a PvP server just brings it out in them. There are these bitches in all of the top guilds right now, its just in a PvP server their true colors/greed shows more times than not and you weed them out. It forces people to mingle with the people they should be, instead of just getting into a guild because you spend x amount of hours in the game. PvP brings a better unity inside guilds because you need to watch each others backs and your reputations reflect how people look at all of you. PvE you can be an asshole and hide it easier, be disrespectful and get away with it, etc.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by azxten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The tons of people on this server who played RZ/TZ/VZ/SZ that want some kind of PvP to relive their classic experiences.

Yeah, you're some kind of PvP pro who isn't even smart enough to know about See Invis and thinks EQ PvP involves Rogues sneaking around for hours until someone gives up and logs.
Then go back to your own server that you all screwed up in the first place an go back there to "relieve your classic experience" or *gasp* dare i say find a server that provides pvp? As far as the whole see invis thing... really? what are we 9 now? I never said i was a pro but your nit picking just for the sake of arguing, stop beating the gd horse it's dead.
Old 08-23-2010, 02:56 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also another point I want to make about the kind of people PvP servers attract. Those same people that everyone hates on PvP servers are on this server as well. Someone that has never played on a PvP server may be this type of person, a PvP server just brings it out in them. There are these bitches in all of the top guilds right now, its just in a PvP server their true colors/greed shows more times than not and you weed them out. It forces people to mingle with the people they should be, instead of just getting into a guild because you spend x amount of hours in the game. PvP brings a better unity inside guilds because you need to watch each others backs and your reputations reflect how people look at all of you. PvE you can be an asshole and hide it easier, be disrespectful and get away with it, etc.
I can agree with that.
Closed Thread