Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

View Poll Results: Hardest Race/Class combo on R99?
Anything Rogue 27 26.21%
Darkelf Warrior 51 49.51%
Erudite Paladin 25 24.27%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swyft [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I gotta go with DE warrior, atleast a rogue anything could buy a serrated bone dirk and use intimidate to fear kite/backstab. A warrior is just screwed.

Yea I know it's a very crappy way to lvl a rogue but it's better than trying to tank and spank with a no gear warrior.
Can someone answer me about intimidation procs between 20-40? Is there a tremendously increased rate of it going off in this range?

Also I've already stated that serrated bone dirk proc is not classic, I can't get procs from that thing to save my life (and sometimes it's needed in groups).
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galacticus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still think iksar war will be harder then a dark elf warrior.

Cant leave kunark with no invis or ports.
Cant train anywhere but kunark.
Only can group with other iksars who also have penalty to add to yours.
Lack of plate means shit tanking and gear options.
Kos outside of kunark areas.
Barely anyone levels a iksar unless its twinked and in that case dont want you leeching their xp.
Only healing class to group with is a shaman.
No one rolls iksar anything but monk who is as fucked as you , sk which will further add xp penalty or necro which they solo without you.
Only other iksars ever come to cabilis usually so very few help or hand outs or buffs.

Dark elf is in a good spot, can train easily, lots of leveling spots all over, more people in that old world area. Dark elf has hide which is essential for evil races and can wear not only medium but also small bronze armor.

Dark elf is also closer to all the high end ZEM zones which there are very few in kunark.
Dark elf is close to guk and befallen and highpass, all great leveling areas.
Fob kurns etc are actually good exp and the regen forage ac bump makes soloing and being away from vendors a little easier.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:35 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by KabanazyTZ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone answer me about intimidation procs between 20-40? Is there a tremendously increased rate of it going off in this range?
I soloed my Rogue on Blue server to the mid 40s. Intimidation hits a sweet spot in the mid level 30s to early 40s range if your Intimidate skill is capped. I was getting successful fears on 40-60% of casts, allowing me to solo Yetis in Dreadlands to my 40s with ease.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

dont take this as anything other than an educated guess but IIRC its like 100 dex = 1 proc per min, 200 dex = 2 proc per min. just a case of bad RNG if you arent getting it to proc once per mob (assuming fight is longer than 1 min.) see if DEXing out helps.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:47 PM
Planar Protector

30's-40's is the best level range for intimidate. Ive seen many rogues soloing/duoing at the giant fort in FM fear kiting.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dont take this as anything other than an educated guess but IIRC its like 100 dex = 1 proc per min, 200 dex = 2 proc per min. just a case of bad RNG if you arent getting it to proc once per mob (assuming fight is longer than 1 min.) see if DEXing out helps.
Not the formula in the slightest, every weapon has its own proc rate. However if this were the case at 165 unbuffed dex i'd be getting 1.65 procs per minute which would be fucking fantastic. However 5 ice giants which took about 3 minutes a piece, 1 proc in 15 minutes. And thats average if you take into account groups I have in seb, chardok etc.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

ye thats probly some bullshit i remember from live that was made up (like AGI helping dodge) my bad brew

u sure its different proc rate for each weapon? i was just messing around on live, took all my gear off xept weapon that had a proc. barely proced. i put my gear back on so my dex was 300 and it was procing close to 3 times a min (prob more)
Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Banned

ya for example, cleric proc hammer has a proc per 6 second average, whereas the tstaff has a proc per minute average. On here it feels like the skean procs once per 3-4 minutes with 165 dex which is still really nice for what it is.

EDIT: the proc hammer and tstaff were also both live stats. SBD on live if i remember correctly was on par with tstaff, but on here it procs less than my skean.
Last edited by KabanazyTZ; 03-27-2013 at 07:47 PM..
Old 03-27-2013, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

neat i did not know that, id be interested to see a list of popular proc weapons and their rates.
Old 03-27-2013, 07:52 PM
Banned

Allakhazam used to have the exact proc stats listed, i think you might have to be subscribed to see them now or something. I'd also like to know if they're using a different proc system here so i could adjust accordingly [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread