Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 05:30 PM
Banned

if teams i'm gonna 6box all rogues and make the kill steal squad
Old 07-30-2013, 05:51 PM
Planar Protector

haven't read this thread. will read and probably post again.

Got a lot of thoughts on teams and how they might be done.. to address the question most directly, I'd say 3 teams for maximum enjoyment. I used to be a proponent of FFA, my main reasoning being that the server would naturally "balance out" for optimal pvp - the idea being that guilds were like unlimited "teams" and if a new one was needed, or more players were needed, it would organically occur. What has happened, however, is the Pixel Lust. the "teams" are not balanced - they are stacked. When i advocated for FFA it was because i expected ppl to balance things out for fun pvp, not spawn overlords for pve.

So now, I say Teams. This is also because there are a lot of new players who would join the server for teams. Many blues, and even old reds, would come back. Teams is something that's never been done on emu. It also helps the newbs who join. On this server everyone tries to help newbs, but it is ghost town and they quit. They feel no comraderie, which is what this game is about. With a team, they are automatically on someone's list as a friend. I think if we do teams, there shoudl also be a TEAM CHAT. A channel only for your team. (after server is open for awhile, maybe make team chat require level 10 just like ooc). Speaking of ooc.... if there is team chat, will we need ooc? Maybe we would, dunno. But a lot of blues who try the server see the ooc and just leave (i've spoken in tells to ppl who complain about it).

All us reds enjoy the ooc and either ignor it or participate, but when someone tries the server for the first time for nostalgia purposes and sees the garbage we fling back and forth.. turns them off to the server.

I guess I'm digressing here though.

Teams.

2 vs 3 teams......... I say 3 but only if we can keep them balanced. Somehow keep the numbers even. maybe monitor the total number of hours logged in for each team? If team 1 has 600000 hours logged, and team 2 only has 450000, lock ppl out from creating a char on team 1 until the numbers get closer. What should the range be? The tighter the range the more "even" the teams will be, so I'd say keep it small. Maybe 5%? As the server gets older maybe it should just be capped at like 10000 hours. 10000 hours doesn't seem like a lot, but that's over 400 days of /played, so it means probably an advantage of at least 10 ppl on that team (depending how old the server is, obviously). Inactive players would have to be accounted for - if someone doesnt log in for a month, their /played should not count toward the team total. When they return, their /played gets added again. if there were some way to filter out AFK hours that would be great.

Also I'd like to see some method to impede cross teaming. Prohibiting casting beneficial spells, like heal, on an opposing team obviously should be in place - but it'd be nice to see something beyond that. And maybe a way to switch teams in-game, via a quest or something, and you can only switch teams once every 6 months or so (subject to the /played limitations).

If you're talking about *not* wiping the server, and just instituting teams ontop of what we already have, that changes things a bit but still sounds fun.
Old 07-30-2013, 05:54 PM
Banned

We have people abusing the no level restriction out of group dispel, and throw away accounts to train raids... and you think teams won't be abused
Old 07-30-2013, 06:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
haven't read this thread. will read and probably post again.

Got a lot of thoughts on teams and how they might be done.. to address the question most directly, I'd say 3 teams for maximum enjoyment. I used to be a proponent of FFA, my main reasoning being that the server would naturally "balance out" for optimal pvp - the idea being that guilds were like unlimited "teams" and if a new one was needed, or more players were needed, it would organically occur. What has happened, however, is the Pixel Lust. the "teams" are not balanced - they are stacked. When i advocated for FFA it was because i expected ppl to balance things out for fun pvp, not spawn overlords for pve.

So now, I say Teams. This is also because there are a lot of new players who would join the server for teams. Many blues, and even old reds, would come back. Teams is something that's never been done on emu. It also helps the newbs who join. On this server everyone tries to help newbs, but it is ghost town and they quit. They feel no comraderie, which is what this game is about. With a team, they are automatically on someone's list as a friend. I think if we do teams, there shoudl also be a TEAM CHAT. A channel only for your team. (after server is open for awhile, maybe make team chat require level 10 just like ooc). Speaking of ooc.... if there is team chat, will we need ooc? Maybe we would, dunno. But a lot of blues who try the server see the ooc and just leave (i've spoken in tells to ppl who complain about it).

All us reds enjoy the ooc and either ignor it or participate, but when someone tries the server for the first time for nostalgia purposes and sees the garbage we fling back and forth.. turns them off to the server.

I guess I'm digressing here though.

Teams.

2 vs 3 teams......... I say 3 but only if we can keep them balanced. Somehow keep the numbers even. maybe monitor the total number of hours logged in for each team? If team 1 has 600000 hours logged, and team 2 only has 450000, lock ppl out from creating a char on team 1 until the numbers get closer. What should the range be? The tighter the range the more "even" the teams will be, so I'd say keep it small. Maybe 5%? As the server gets older maybe it should just be capped at like 10000 hours. 10000 hours doesn't seem like a lot, but that's over 400 days of /played, so it means probably an advantage of at least 10 ppl on that team (depending how old the server is, obviously). Inactive players would have to be accounted for - if someone doesnt log in for a month, their /played should not count toward the team total. When they return, their /played gets added again. if there were some way to filter out AFK hours that would be great.

Also I'd like to see some method to impede cross teaming. Prohibiting casting beneficial spells, like heal, on an opposing team obviously should be in place - but it'd be nice to see something beyond that. And maybe a way to switch teams in-game, via a quest or something, and you can only switch teams once every 6 months or so (subject to the /played limitations).

If you're talking about *not* wiping the server, and just instituting teams ontop of what we already have, that changes things a bit but still sounds fun.

I like the idea of team chat channels. It would be nice if there were 3 teams for the /ooc to only apply to your team. You could still communicate to other teams through /say, /shout and /t but world wide chat could be restricted to your team.
Old 07-30-2013, 07:58 PM
Planar Protector

What would be in place to prevent spys? you can't stop this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD
"I will honor those who honor Me, but those who despise Me will be disgraced." HCSB 1 Samuel 2:30
Old 07-30-2013, 08:20 PM
Banned

62 pages of lol you got trolled
Old 07-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Planar Protector

Its not a troll if you believe hard enough.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:06 AM
Banned

So what happened, seriously?

Did Sirken just create this thread and never posted back after 62 pages?

Is that why theres only 95 people online

Like YEAH, THIS IS EXCITING, WE MIGHT BE GETTING A WIPE!!

No wipe, no followup as to why this thread was created while red down for 2 days, 95 people online.
Old 07-31-2013, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

2 teams would be shit, probably worse than ffa

3+ teams required

Landazar [50 Magician]
Old 07-31-2013, 02:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We have people abusing the no level restriction out of group dispel, and throw away accounts to train raids... and you think teams won't be abused
In what ways would they be abused? How large of an impact would team exploits have on the game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rushmore [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What would be in place to prevent spys? you can't stop this.
What's in place to stop spies now? I've been trained for being a suspected oor spy here, so I assume you'd just keep training each other like you do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tradesonred [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what happened, seriously?

Did Sirken just create this thread and never posted back after 62 pages?

Is that why theres only 95 people online

Like YEAH, THIS IS EXCITING, WE MIGHT BE GETTING A WIPE!!

No wipe, no followup as to why this thread was created while red down for 2 days, 95 people online.
No one representing the server mentioned a wipe, what are you talking about? This is about teams.

Once Sleeper script ends, server will go down. Once it's back up, all guilds will have been deleted and we'll be in our hardcoded teams [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Red99
Closed Thread