Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm the only normal person on this server.
I feel strange quoting a guy named HippoNipple on this. lol
Old 01-04-2012, 08:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Im not gonna read through 56 pages.

Did anything come of this thread?

Did a GM ever reply? Is low end xp going up?

If so, i might put more time into this server.
Colossus 60 Rogue box 3.0 -= Boxers =-
Old 01-04-2012, 08:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownface [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not gonna read through 56 pages.

Did anything come of this thread?

Did a GM ever reply? Is low end xp going up?
No + it got derailed hard.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-04-2012, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
such a harsh penalty over dying in pvp

Oh brother.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:47 PM
Kobold

For what it's worth I just wanted to say that the teams experience was a very fundamental part of the draw and immersion for me in Sullon Zek.

I had previously considered a zek server, but I didn't like the cross teaming in TZ/VZ and the out of range healing problem of RZ (and others).

When I started on SZ, I had strong incentives to help and group with other people on my team. I went out of my way to help people CR, help them camp, and other EQ grouping activities. The reason was, I knew that one day I might be in trouble, and I would really need their help. I also liked the idea that my enemies were enemies. I didn't have to worry about pissing off a player that might end up being in my guild one day. People on my team were friends, all others were enemies. It really contributed to my investment, and the friendships I made on SZ were much more powerful than the associations I had on blue servers. My SZ teammates were people that had gone through hell to help me, and I had gone through hell to help them too.

I think having three teams was a great idea, but on a private emu server, it should be two. I think teams would really help at low levels. It sounds paradoxical -- aren't you dividing the population in two? Yes, but now there is a fundamental reason to group within that population. You need these people!

Anyways, just wanted to jump in and give that perspective.
Old 01-04-2012, 10:52 PM
Banned

I rolled all the way up to 52 there don't get me wrong. But when there was just less people for me to kill, I was quickly turned off.

Correction: to have the OPTION to kill. And sometimes I really wanted that option. Bad.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Kobold

Yes Nirgon, part of why I left was that after a while, it just became impossible to find people to kill. I think a big reason for that was just that the world became so big after a while, the population was distributed over too large an area. I think this started becoming a big problem in Luclin. And then of course, when PoP came out, the books make PvP impossible in the old world.

I don't want to derail the thread into a misty eyed reminiscence of SZ, I just wanted to say that I think teams would truly draw people together. Oh, and I also agree with making xp less onerous at lower levels. I think at high levels it was fun to have pvp xp loss, as it kept people "honest" (you couldn't just rush someone over and over again, that would be a lot of xp loss. But a couple of deaths were np, if you had a cleric! )
Old 01-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Banned

Too late to do teams bud.

Not to mention who wants to be the team without Ogres or SKs? Or most of the shaman races? Or the best monk race in Kunark? Hint: these are all on the same team.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

This server needs yellow text bad. I really don't get why this isn't implemented already.
Old 01-05-2012, 04:58 AM
Orc

Default SZ

I played on SZ on the good team. We were 10% of the population.

No Ogres.
No Trolls.
No Iksar.
No Necro or SK.

Most fun I've ever had.
Closed Thread