Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Large Bat

When my bro told me p99 was coming out with a pvp server i was drooling, i quit regular p99 cause there was no pvp, i find an mmo without pvp is boring, anyone can kill a computer with programmed actions, but humans have the spontaneous element i guess.

For coin loot, i think this should be implemented as, it is nice to gain something from pvp, and there really is no reason not to have it, if your dumb enough to carry around 1000 plat on you without being able to properly secure it than, tough shit, it also adds some risk to raiding and what not, leaving the zone with a bunch of money and stuff on you will create pvp, cause than you could have groups ready ambush people as they leave the zone, creating hatred, war, pvp, drama, excitement etc.

As for item loot, I dont think EQ would be a good game to implement this on. I play Darkfall atm, incase some of you don't know what that is, it's a heavily pvp based fps mmo, with full loot, where gear is somewhat easy to come by, so it works for them, and it makes pvp much more exciting and fun.
Loot is just too hard to come by on EQ for this to work, and the risk vs reward ratio has to be looked at as well, as many of you have stated, it wouldn't be hard for 6 nakeds of each caster class to run around grabbing gear off poor suckers, where as a weapon based class is kinda screwed.

Exp Gain/Loss, might not be a bad idea, as long as loss isnt as great as it is from an NPC, and gain is a lot less than an NPC.
Last edited by Macedon; 09-21-2011 at 02:50 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 09:13 PM
Fire Giant

No, just do 1 item loot on items ur wearing or items that are not bagged. No itemloot on mainhand/offhand/range as well.
Yall need to man up. Server will fail w/o item loot. I know 100 people who will veto the server w/o it. The bluebies/casual players will want a chance to release stress and grief people. What more than to have item loot. Us hardcore pvpers want more than just Yellow Text.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:32 PM
Sarnak

You said it bro.

I know I won't be grinding through another game for a server that is basically blue with the drawback of not being able to watch TV while playing it.

Without item loot PVP is just a nuissance, no incentive. Bagged item loot is basically the same as no item loot except now I can't carry multiple primary / secondary stuff in bags and have to gate whenever anything good drops. Yipee.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Fire Giant

Bag item loot allows you to loot something the wearer cant use, something he has multiple of, and all sorts of different things. It also allows the wearer to retain his most valuable items.

Again, if the population is dependent on the fact that people will rage quit over geared items being looted, this is the solution. By no means is it an answer. . .just a solution.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Without item loot PVP is just a nuissance, no incentive.
What about using pvp to contest camps? Have you forgotten about this aspect of pvp entirely from playing on terrible servers like vztz?
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Large Bat

Although i disagree with needed incentive to PVP, as the only incentive for me to pvp is to truly know I'm better than the next person, and the fun of fighting something that doesn't follow you around everywhere just autoattacking, looting 1 non equipped item doesn't sound too harsh, at most you lose a nice piece of dungeon loot that you can't equip right away, this will also create a nice scary feeling when leaving your perfect dungeon raid :P but again, whats to stop 40 naked wizards outside the dungeon from nuking you to shit until you ded, and they get ur gearz, and peace.
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 PM
Aviak

I think it should be as such: Coin loot and item that is not placed in bag.

No XP loss or Gain unless killed by an NPC (minus a charmed guard..) I really think that'd be best, that's how it was.
Oh, and of course it restricted that item loot towards what could be traded, so excluding no-drops, iirc.

Cypriss shouts, 'can i get a loot and scoot?'

Metus tells you, 'can i plz loot&scoot sir'
Jazam tells you, 'Could u allow me to lns?'
Jomoma tells you, 'can i lns'
Last edited by Mynxx; 09-21-2011 at 09:55 PM..
Old 09-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Sarnak

Lazortag I'm doing my best to make really simple arguements in favor of item loot not really good ones. PVP for contested camps makes a lot of sense but less sense when people aren't risking anything by ransacking your group. If they attack your group well geared, you might kill one and they might lose something valuable. If they attack your group poorly geared you will be able to defend your camp easily.

Without item loot there isn't a risk/reward thing going on. Just go for it and see what happens and if you fail..oh well.

No good.

Sorry for being overly simplistic. Mynxx has it right.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:35 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukahwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lazortag I'm doing my best to make really simple arguements in favor of item loot not really good ones. PVP for contested camps makes a lot of sense but less sense when people aren't risking anything by ransacking your group. If they attack your group well geared, you might kill one and they might lose something valuable. If they attack your group poorly geared you will be able to defend your camp easily.
Except with bag loot they can just attack with nothing worth losing in their inventory while you have to have someone bank shit every time something drops at your camp worth mentioning. Or if it's all items then you still have naked casters fist fucking your cleric the second you pull and even if you turn around and kill them off they are out what, a little pride, a short walk back, and some medding for the next strike?

Again the only penalty that affects everyone is EXP loss.

Item loot can be mitigated in many different ways no matter how you set the system up. Some classes are still capable of doing damage while naked. Some classes are incapable of doing ANY damage without gear. No drop gear makes it possible for those who have the time/will to even further negate the effect item loot has on them. I don't see how this isn't blatantly apparent to anyone who isn't obsessed with the idea of OMG I WANT TO TAKE LOOT FROM THE PEOPLE WHO PVE AND SHOW THEM THEY ARE SILLY CAREBEARS WHO HAVE NO PLACE IN MY PVP WORLDDDDDD.

*shrug*
Old 09-22-2011, 05:04 AM
Sarnak

I vote no on xp loss. Would kill the server, especially after people make twinks, newbies would have no chance and just quit. could cause a lot of grief also.

no equipment looting either, just leads to bagging and hard on noobs also.

cash loot is ok though
Closed Thread