Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hawkins already made philosophy obsolete sry
Please explain. Are you talking about the philosopher Hawkins or the recent statements of Hawking the physicist? I'm not familiar with Hawkins at all, just curious.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

ya hawking U GOT ME
Old 06-28-2013, 07:29 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-28-2013, 07:30 PM
Planar Protector

look @ those teeth, he in nihilum?
Old 06-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodGuyAmes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Job Outlook
Employment of computer programmers is expected to increase 12 percent from 2010 to 2020, about as fast as the average for all occupations. Since computer programming can be done from anywhere in the world, companies often hire programmers in countries that have lower wages.
You also get what you pay for.

Then you end up paying more for it because you have to employ them longer to get things done if ever.

Then you're out a lot of money, have to go through the hassle of firing them, getting their passwords, equipment, documentation (list rolls out the door) and have to pay a more locally based consulting company (read: compentent programmers with respectable salaries) to either try to refactor the mess and/or build it over again... at times nearly or completely from scratch.

Law school is definitely academic PvP but that depends where you go. The tough schools are VERY cut throat.

Speaking of people with respectable salaries or RL accomplishments, The Big Hawk is definitely didn't have 16 hours a day to EQ it up... not exactly Nihilum material. He's also probably terrible at EQ PvP, so maybe there's some room to discuss his app. Don't hold your breath.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The tough schools are VERY cut throat.
Interestingly, this trend is changing. The top schools are moving to pass/fail systems with the occasional smiley face and "good job!" sticker. For example, Despite its #1 rank, Yale is one of the least competitive schools, and it's actually a very collective community. They don't even rank the students within each class or graduate with honors with the theory being that "You went to Yale you already won." (The penis-measuring at Yale happens when it's time for clerkships)

You still see some fierce competition at the very top (Columbia, Georgetown, Cornell), but most of the competition happens at the lower ranked tier-1 schools like Baylor, and in the third-tier-toilet. For the lower ranked tier-1's that are still considered "good," like Baylor, only the top 4-5 PEOPLE get the biglaw positions and that's what sets it off.

For the 3rd/fourth tier schools people fight super hard to get those elusive upgrade transfers. If you can end up as #1 or 2 in your class at a 3rd tier, you can often transfer to a T14. In Texas, the holy grail is the UT transfer which is more difficult to get than a Harvard transfer if you're applying from out of state.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:55 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

Do what jupe did, skip school completely by hacking into the DoD when you are 12, help un named gov organization track terrorists for 6 years, get letter of rec from head of cyber command to one of the worlds biggest companies, become head of network security for said company. profit.

School is really for people who cannot do already. the people who can will always be ahead of you.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:01 PM
Banned

agathas stories
Old 06-28-2013, 09:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Agatha

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-niner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
agathas stories
nah, jupes life is pretty much a blockbuster movie script waiting to happen. infact some hollywood types are interested in his story.

edit: he had a book written about him.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:15 PM
Banned

ya, I can tell by his 15 year old voice he has done anything note worthy
Closed Thread