Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 03-25-2022, 05:23 AM
Sarnak

Being a gnome is also an advantage because you are always max shrunk when logging in or accepting a rez. There are times that this matters a great deal. This is overlooked when people say that you can just shrink or use halfling mask etc. No other race can do it.
P99: [52 Champion] Alysane (Barbarian) <Auld Lang Syne>
SZ : [65 Lord Protector] Cochise (Erudite) <Sanctus Lumen>
Old 03-25-2022, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Also you will never get a gnome mask, sorry you don't got. Hope that helps.
Old 03-25-2022, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

I think it really depends on what level of mob you are fighting compared to your level. It also depends on how much str you already have from gear and buffs. But if you want to compare apples to apples on str, go create an ogre warrior with 150 str and a dark warrior with 60 str. See how fighting level 1 mobs go. Ogre might very well have 100% more DPS in this scenario, cause it appears I'm killing mobs at level 1 about twice as fast.
Old 03-25-2022, 01:49 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also you will never get a gnome mask, sorry you don't got. Hope that helps.
stop shitting up threads that arent in rnf. seek help
Old 03-25-2022, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

possibly the least impactful race choices in the game. the only thing really worth considering is slam for that once in a bluemoon usage.
Old 03-25-2022, 11:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
possibly the least impactful race choices in the game. the only thing really worth considering is slam for that once in a bluemoon usage.
I have witnessed a rogue slam interrupting Phara Dar's CH to save the raid. It was glorious.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Old 04-29-2022, 08:59 AM
Sarnak

Really, you should be able to Cap MR and Str buffed at end game in a raiding situation without anything crazy going on. You can add 235 strength with Avatar+Focus+Manicial so you can't not cap that, and pure resist gear is usually not too hard to acquire. Just Focus+Manicial is almost definitely capping you even if Avatar isn't available.

Jayya was able to cap MR/Fire and MR/Poison with ALS gearing and come within 20 points of MR/Cold way before she picked up any raid gear through Aegis, though she was down on HP from high end Velious raid gear. People don't CH rogues usually though, so the extra HP is basically worth an offheal or two at most over the course of a fight.

Asking for the right buffs is higher impact than a lot of this, if you carry Emeralds and ask for Avatar+Talisman of Kragg+Bedlam in place of Focus and Manicial Str, you're still going to cap out STR from Avatar as long as you're over 155 and pick up an extra effective 350 HP for the AOE fight off Bedlam. Remembering to ask for Cadeau of Flame on FR fights and figuring out your Alchemy +resist stacking rules and carrying them causes a big difference.

For non-AOE fights asking for Avatar, VoG and the Ranger +Atk buffs are almost the only buffs that matter, though sometimes you need HP if you want to live long enough to realize you have aggro and activate Nimble to bump for a tank swap.

One thing I'm less sure about though is I've seen some claims that MR doesn't actually cap at 255, either in general or specifically when facing effects with a built in -resist component like one of the two versions of Dragon Fear. Though I've never seen anyone do a statisical analysis of overcapping MR against dragon fear so its mostly anecdotal and I've seen some anecdotal counterexamples with tanks with 370+ MR off a puretone Bard getting feared. If that actually works though gearing to 405 MR is almost certainly best and much harder to do without a Bard, which probably gives Dwarf an edge.

Otherwise I think the minmaxiest end game choice might be a full Cha human to take advantage of Divine Intervention and Robe of the Azure Sky....which reminds me, I need to test the proc rates on that some time to see if they match EqEmu or are different here.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE
Old 04-29-2022, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
she was down on HP from high end Velious raid gear. People don't CH rogues usually though, so the extra HP is basically worth an offheal or two at most over the course of a fight.
Nah, HP is worth a lot more than that. It's more like surviving accidental aggro for a quad (probably not a flurry in any place on a rogue) or a rampage while the rampage tank steps out. Sure neither one of these will happen in a perfect scenario, but things often go sideways on highly contested targets. And you're most likely not going to get healed until after the target is dead. Rogues in raid gear shouldn't be satisfied until they're over 5k HP with appropriate buffs.

Remember, folks: dead rogues do zer0 deeps.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 04-29-2022, 01:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nah, HP is worth a lot more than that. It's more like surviving accidental aggro for a quad (probably not a flurry in any place on a rogue) or a rampage while the rampage tank steps out. Sure neither one of these will happen in a perfect scenario, but things often go sideways on highly contested targets. And you're most likely not going to get healed until after the target is dead. Rogues in raid gear shouldn't be satisfied until they're over 5k HP with appropriate buffs.

Remember, folks: dead rogues do zer0 deeps.
Agreed. HP is good on Rogues. AoE's are a great example, more HP = more AoEs you can survive before you die. Also helps the group's healer better prioritize who to save first. If you are a beefy boi, you'll be saving your fellow non beefy boi's in the group.
Old 04-29-2022, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

I mean, yes, HP is good. But resists are better if you have to choose unless the fight is extremely short or there are no healers for the DPS. Resists control the rate at which you take damage, HP controls the max amount. Unless you're getting CHeals, the effectiveness of healing you receive is tied to your resists, not your HP cap.

Resists are also a lot easier to boost for cheap, as you don't need super high end gear for them. Cap resists first, then fill out HP as you acquire better raid gear.

True about surviving pulling aggro with a high HP pool though. Flurry rounds are rough, but you do get to a point where you can take 1 round once you're well geared, so if your reflexes are fast and you can activate Nimble once you've got aggro that can work. Really hard to notice fast enough though, there's a really tight window.

Sanctum Low Man Vindi Kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyZfNjvsDRE