Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 04:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Against all odds p2002 prevails and keeps exceeding expectations. Slander won't kill us, neither will the same 5 people repeating that they won't play on the server, get over yourselves the world doesn't revolve around you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PoP coming soon! Don't miss out
Good move: if you can't defend against the actual points people raised, you can always shoot the messenger(s).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-21-2018 at 04:33 PM..
Old 04-21-2018, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleepo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Against all odds p2002 prevails and keeps exceeding expectations. Slander won't kill us, neither will the same 5 people repeating that they won't play on the server, get over yourselves the world doesn't revolve around you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

PoP coming soon! Don't miss out
Pretty sure it’s 75% of the people that play on p99 not 5 people. If you want your sever to exceed and be populated with people from here you will have to get your ducks in a row.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 04-21-2018, 07:38 PM
Orc

Serious yall should give it a shot. There are also a lot of people that Solo/Duo box. The community is friendly/helpful.

If you are looking for "competition" please do stay here though. Main reason I left p99 was my unwillingness to give up a social life for 3am batphones. Also the p99 camp claim lawyering was beyond anti fun. I've had exactly one instance of arguing over a camp on p2002 and it was worked out simply by talking to the guys GL and find out he was on some funky meds due to an illness.

Anywho hit up anyone in "Ding" (server leveling guild) for an invite and someone will certainly help you get started with some gear/spell money/ect.

I'm not sure what people are saying about population being too low. Peak hours is around ~150 players on ~330 accounts. Off hours dips to around 60/140. Generally leveling groups running for every level range past 20. People help with Epics and run Pug raids weekly. There are 5 major guilds Ding (Leveling), Tightanium (Euro), Unity/Brethren of Norrath (Raiding), Powerslave (no comment...) There are more than enough people to do content with 7 days a week. There is also an XP incentive to invite Single/Duo players. It's nice to simply be able to put a few friends together and complete your epics without having to pay some guy sitting with 5,000,000 pp in tunnel for the privilege to do so. Or killing Lodi for your Eyepatch of Plunder without a 3 day caffine guzzling camp. Or hell actually seeing a dragon alive for more than 10 minutes. Or mobs actually alive in the planes.

My experience with p99 was pretty much UGuk, LGuk, Seb... pay some guy for MQ's... refuse to join some guild that wanted a blood sample and my first born... get bored.. look for something else to do. I remember trying to convince a friend to play p99.. and literally couldn't come up with a single interesting story to tell about it. "Well umm you grind a lot.... so you can sit in tunnel a lot.. to buy stuff that drops from mobs that are never alive because they are perma camped... then you errm... grind some more?"

Sure p2002 ain't for everyone.. but if you understand where I'm coming from I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Hell most of the server is ex p99 players. Including one of the GM's... (cough)
Last edited by Jhaerik; 04-21-2018 at 07:57 PM..
Old 04-21-2018, 08:09 PM
Banned

how much does soros pay you to shill this?
Old 04-22-2018, 06:59 PM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
neither will the same 5 people repeating that they won't play on the server,
Neither will the same 3 'developers' on alt accounts on these forums, apparently, because with anonymous trolling it makes it look like there's more people for or against.

Or are you that conceited that you think you're smart in some way?

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 04-22-2018, 08:07 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I elaborated a bit already. But yeah. I think it boils down to:

1. No, "lots" of people did not box back in the day. Especially before POP, like 1 in 10 people boxed, and when they did, it was most likely only 1 extra account.

2. We play emulated, early-era EQ because we loved it and we want it again.

3. When boxing wasn't part of the oldschool EQ experience for the vast majority of people, most people aren't going to want to play where triple boxing is fully permitted (and likely even strongly encouraged due to low population).
I started boxing in '97 on the Realm Online
Old 04-22-2018, 08:10 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not sure who you think I am. I don't care about your petty grievances with other guilds on your crap server.

Why doesn't P02 have a count of the number of people logged on anymore? Your GM said that it was an issue he was having with the counter. So two possibilities exist - either he is an idiot that cannot fix something so simple as a log on counter, or your population is so low that he is embarrassed by it. (Which I think is silly personally, as I've never found a low pop to be something to be embarrassed by) The counter disappeared right after the exodus happened. He was a sad panda that the server hit 20 people during prime time so he took it down.

I'm not talking about changing DB items because of bugs or errors, I'm talking about him changing DB things like drop % or the size of a faction hit from mobs to benefit some and to the detriment of others. He allowed some players on the server to farm KT faction incredibly quickly by making the faction hit for the dorfs in Icewell huge. They got max KT faction in a matter of minutes. This is why P02 Allaclone is no longer "open", you cannot see faction numbers and some other information anymore on it because of this GM and those that he allowed to abused it. The two GMs that left because of this individual were still around at the time and they were the ones that made the change to the clone. He did similar things with the mob that drops Remove Curse just as soon as Luclin came out, allowing some to get many copies quickly. As soon as the people that he wanted to have RC had the spell memmed (and a few copies to sell, of course!) he changed the spawn time so that others could not get the spell nearly as fast. Oh, and he threatened to ban anyone that camped the spell before he made the last change - except for his buddies, of course.

Pathetic.
It's literally listed on p2002.com.

"Players Online: 295"

I don't know why people insist on corruption... or some mythical tiny population.
If you want to talk about corruption let's talk about p99 loot councils...
Last edited by Jhaerik; 04-22-2018 at 08:13 PM..
Old 04-22-2018, 08:15 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's one thing to be playing on the server you are working on. It's another to be part of the only powerguild on the server in a position to advantage the guild, and then actively participate in undermining other guilds.

That being said, let them have their playground. I'm sure some people enjoy playing the game like that or being the underdog guild on that kind of server, but it's not for me.
The server literally has the high end raid scene instanced.... there is no way to undermine anyone..

Exactly the p99 logic that turned me away.

Hell just compare the trash talk on p99 forums compared to p2002.

Simply put I'm quite happy the toxic people are here to belittle those offering people a more friendly option. It really just proves our point to the people that want something better.
Old 04-22-2018, 08:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaerik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The server literally has the high end raid scene instanced.... there is no way to undermine anyone..

Exactly the p99 logic that turned me away.

Hell just compare the trash talk on p99 forums compared to p2002.

Simply put I'm quite happy the toxic people are here to belittle those offering people a more friendly option. It really just proves our point to the people that want something better.
Seriously, you want to compare trash talk and toxic people? Your last ten-plus posts here, made over the past half a year, have been nothing but P99 bashing and P2002 promotion. Here's a small sample:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaerik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or just reroll your own trio on p2002 and not sit there "LFG LFG LFG" 4 hours a day.
Quote:
If you are looking for "competition" please do stay here though. Main reason I left p99 was my unwillingness to give up a social life for 3am batphones. Also the p99 camp claim lawyering was beyond anti fun.
Quote:
Better yet don't worry about it and hop over to p2002.

Faster xp, boxing allowed, PoP inc, and the entire game isn't Warrior/Monk/Rogue/Cleric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaerik ... in a thread where someone had *just* thanked the P99 community for helping with their Shaman epic
I'm sure someone in tunnel will sell you the help.

Along with his first born.
By your own admission you don't even play on P99, but that hasn't stopped you from coming here ... for six months.

Look, P2002 isn't for me, so I don't go to P2002 forums. Even if I did, I wouldn't go promote P99 on them. If for some reason I did, I'd only do it in their "off-topic" equivalent forum, not in the middle of other people's conversations. And even if (for some strange reason) I did, I wouldn't trash talk P2002 in their own forums.

But even if, for some truly bizarre reason, I actually did do all of that ... I certainly wouldn't keep doing it for half a year.

So please, by all means, compare away.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 04-22-2018 at 08:58 PM..
Old 04-23-2018, 09:21 AM
Kobold

Reasons to not play p2002. Boxing. Fin.