Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2018, 05:04 AM
Banned

add mirror golems, the best EQish encounter ever
Old 07-09-2018, 05:31 AM
Fire Giant

Yes, so I remembered AAs correctly. Numbers that go up even when you are level 60.

OP: have you considered the effects of shifting the playerbase to the lv60 end of the spectrum while simultaneously making every existing camp more solo/duoable?
Old 07-09-2018, 05:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OP: have you considered the effects of shifting the playerbase to the lv60 end of the spectrum while simultaneously making every existing camp more solo/duoable?
If we weren't already there with Velious gear by itself ^^
Old 07-09-2018, 05:56 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we weren't already there with Velious gear by itself ^^
There's no "there." There is always more, and it can always get worse.
Old 07-09-2018, 06:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by zodium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There's no "there." There is always more, and it can always get worse.
Each to their own but I'm not grinding raids for hours/weeks/months for an extra 60 HP and +3 to PR/DR or whatever.

I'd sooner faction grind pointless factions than have best in slot for every slot on a character.
Old 07-09-2018, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

I just don't play or post about games I don't enjoy, or stop playing and posting about games when I stop enjoying them. :>
Old 07-09-2018, 07:45 AM
Planar Protector

There isn't much demand for Luclin as this very thread demonstrates. Nobody's going to stop there. Any emulator that opens Luclin will inevitably also progress to Planes of Power. At that point not only do you ruin the game for classic purists, but you're also providing the same thing a couple other emulators already seek to provide.

I've long felt that Luclin had some good buried underneath a mountain of garbage, and a "fixed Luclin" that builds on the good and pitches out the huge amount of trash could provide some decent gameplay. Call it custom content. It won't happen here. Even if it didn't run contrary to P99's purpose, if no-one has noticed the admins here seem largely burnt out (after 9 years, I don't blame 'em). There hasn't been a patch in roughly a year. We'll be lucky if they ever finish out Velious, and positively fortunate if "green" ever actually exists. A large, ambitious expansion is so far outside the realm of viability given such circumstances that it can't even be regarded as a genuine request....merely as daydreaming.

Danth
Old 07-09-2018, 07:51 AM
Fire Giant

I recall Sirkin talking about custom AAs in a video about p99. I personally wouldn't mind flavorful stuff like priests being able to summon different/better foods or unobtrusive things like that, but I think the devs will be pretty hesitant about adding these things.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody's going to stop there. Any emulator that opens Luclin will inevitably also progress to Planes of Power.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-09-2018, 08:49 AM
Planar Protector

Shut up Dald, no one cares what you think. :>