Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2014, 03:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy your shitty cafeteria line, bluesers
I'm enjoying doing undead in kithicor for mad exp at night right now.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Good, then just accept that you're the 1% minority.
Hard to be #1

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2014, 04:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quineloe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm enjoying doing undead in kithicor for mad exp at night right now.
Low blow man, low blow - Kith's down on red atm.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 04-14-2014, 06:30 AM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-14-2014, 06:31 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conscript [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always love watching PvP communities die through self-destruction.
Cant exactly say it self-destruction, though having a high concentration of e-thugs and sociopaths intent on griefing the rest of the server, who also whispered and whined directly to staff when they lost, never helped.

After steadily creeping up for months, the red population dropped like a rock, and continues to evaporate, since the staff first intervened with the server politics and power struggles, the very heart of EQ pvp. Once thats compromised and the powers that be personally involve themselves by playing, interacting and/or privately communicating with select people, they forfeit their objectivity and unwittingly align themselves. Bias is inevitably injected, authority used for evil, and the entire server becomes tainted by irrational and illogical regulations and rulings that stand in direct opposition to everything that made EQ pvp fun. Sure, much of this was changed months later, but the damage was already done.

Integrity = 0. Thats why red99 is dead99.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:46 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
heres an example NOT to play on red.
as its basically a soloquest from 1 to 60, as a hybrid melee i died earlier and am unable to find a rez as the pop is so low. i cant even buy a port. thats the reality. lvl 46 - 20% xp loss roughly on a death, just have to eat it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenni D [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Red99 confirmed lovely and happy

Fuck blue
Jenni got her rez.
Songs are being sung from every bard,
His passion is back and the fire burns,
With fear and renown, Norrath whispers: Uthgaard
Old 04-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy your shitty cafeteria line, bluesers
Enjoy your single player everquest experience lol
Old 04-14-2014, 04:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cant exactly say it self-destruction, though having a high concentration of e-thugs and sociopaths intent on griefing the rest of the server, who also whispered and whined directly to staff when they lost, never helped.

After steadily creeping up for months, the red population dropped like a rock, and continues to evaporate, since the staff first intervened with the server politics and power struggles, the very heart of EQ pvp. Once thats compromised and the powers that be personally involve themselves by playing, interacting and/or privately communicating with select people, they forfeit their objectivity and unwittingly align themselves. Bias is inevitably injected, authority used for evil, and the entire server becomes tainted by irrational and illogical regulations and rulings that stand in direct opposition to everything that made EQ pvp fun. Sure, much of this was changed months later, but the damage was already done.

From my lurking on the forums of P1999 I have made some steady observations about why the PvP server is terrible and no-one wants to play there.

1) Having an ego, talking trash and being a tool is great and awesome... if your server peak is over 1000 players and not 100.

2) Server admins always suck, on every game that ever allowed a private server in the history of gaming. They do what they think is right, you just have to deal with it or move on unfortunately.

Red99 reminds me of the movie "The Village" the same exact people are fighting each other and they think they are the center of the universe and nothing new ever happens... when in reality there is a giant wall a few miles away surrounding you where the real world lies.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faywind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enjoy your single player everquest experience lol
I was in South Karana around KFC (aviak village) earlier today. What did I see? 4 people all soloing, similar levels etc...all enjoying their single player leveling experience. Monk, shaman, wizard and barb warrior (with lfg up). Ready made group right there, but no.

The shaman even got mad when I accidentally pulled a mob he was about to pull. This is why people want to box, want mercs, etc etc. Group up, make pals... if you roll on red join <Uprising>, we make groups and have a good old time.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

guys, this retard has 7 banned characters on red.

that is all
Closed Thread