Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2015, 10:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Getting everything installed is a pain, having to jump through all those hoops to get started probably loses us quite a few people.

Add to that there's some people out there who think the only method to get the right version is to pay $100 or whatever on Amazon... not many want to pay it I'm sure.

Honestly if we had a deal with Dey break Games and could put a link up to download from here with an installer that would set everything up with the current patch in one click... we'd probably have 4000-5000 here.
I disagree. I had NO issues installing it on my desktop and laptop.

You have to create...umm 2 or 3 accounts. Again, easy.

Paying for the 'right' version is expensive and I can't disagree with you.

As for 'deal with Dey stupid ass break'. No...hell no. Don't deal with the devil.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adults don't spend hours staring at video game monster placeholders. Adults don't have people text them on their phone so they can run over to the PC, log in, and spend hours killing a monster. Adults don't play 12 hours a day.
Ahhhh....sarcasm at it's best.
Old 07-06-2015, 10:54 AM
Aviak

The biggest barrier (imo) is the install barrier. Account creation wasn't bad, but it did require that you read things which also eliminates a lot of people as well [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-06-2015, 10:58 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Adults don't spend hours staring at video game monster placeholders. Adults don't have people text them on their phone so they can run over to the PC, log in, and spend hours killing a monster. Adults don't play 12 hours a day.
Not 12 hours a day, but many EQ players back in 1999 were 30+ years old.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:03 AM
Planar Protector

So....I don't understand the OP. What's the issue here? Because I see none.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:44 AM
Fire Giant

What I can't figure out and maybe because my characters aren't high enough level but people are always complaining that everything is being farmed or there is no good sites to hunt. How can everything be farmed or taken if there is only 800-1500 people on?

I remember back in the day of the server having twice as many people on and you were still able to group decent sites or get certain items.

What has P99 become... A "Solo" server and it's every man or woman for themselves?
Old 07-06-2015, 11:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumbo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What has P99 become... A "Solo" server and it's every man or woman for themselves?
In terms of bored level 60s, yes. They're coming for your camps if there's something they can sell in EC for a 3k-5k most likely.

It doesn't sell the server very well, there's a thread in RNF about Snaj <BDA> doing just that.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In terms of bored level 60s, yes. They're coming for your camps if there's something they can sell in EC for a 3k-5k most likely.

Yes....it is unfortunate

It doesn't sell the server very well, there's a thread in RNF about Snaj <BDA> doing just that.

Too much of that crap happens, and I agree.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:08 PM
Aviak

Because Everquest is a complete shit game and we only really play for nostalgia? Once that is done you quit.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because Everquest is a complete shit game and we only really play for nostalgia? Once that is done you quit.
Why don't more people play here?

Most I talk to say that most of the community & end game is a total shit-show. From what I've witnessed... I'm forced to agree with them now.
Closed Thread