Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2023, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I get the impression NK wants nothing to do with him and is seeking a third country to take him.
The only use to them he could be would be a mouthpiece to anti-American propaganda

How well he serves that purpose and for how long it’s useful to them would determine how long until he ends up in a labor camp

I dunno about them sending him away, I don’t hear about that as much, I assume they worry about him having gathered some intel if they let him leave
Old 08-18-2023, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In before the white supremacist talking points come up yet again. Reactionaries and their 30,000 foot view on every issue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always abstract but also totally bubbled. I have a friend who has made good coin working for the city of LA repairing elevators. Half the time, people hunting for something to sell broke in and stole what they could. It's called a drug epidemic. He's not of that opinion.

So I ask him, do you think the fact you live in fucking LA and do this repair work everyday (for nice money I must say) is maybe putting you too close? Yer stressin!

This crop of reactionaries is not a 30,000 foot view. It's a 30,000 foot *bungie cord* view. Up and down. This happened here and this is happening everywhere kind of thinking.

Pure sad sackism.

The sad sacks are mostly from the west coast, the south, or the southwest. Beast Coast sez: get a fuckin life. Stop the bungie cord. Stop the madness. Go emo off the jetty.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only use to them he could be would be a mouthpiece to anti-American propaganda

How well he serves that purpose and for how long it’s useful to them would determine how long until he ends up in a labor camp

I dunno about them sending him away, I don’t hear about that as much, I assume they worry about him having gathered some intel if they let him leave
He was getting kicked out of the army for getting drunk and beating up South Koreans.

SK prop is much more important to NK than we are.

Old 08-18-2023, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadre Spinegnawer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Always abstract but also totally bubbled. I have a friend who has made good coin working for the city of LA repairing elevators. Half the time, people hunting for something to sell broke in and stole what they could. It's called a drug epidemic. He's not of that opinion.

So I ask him, do you think the fact you live in fucking LA and do this repair work everyday (for nice money I must say) is maybe putting you too close? Yer stressin!

This crop of reactionaries is not a 30,000 foot view. It's a 30,000 foot *bungie cord* view. Up and down. This happened here and this is happening everywhere kind of thinking.

Pure sad sackism.

The sad sacks are mostly from the west coast, the south, or the southwest. Beast Coast sez: get a fuckin life. Stop the bungie cord. Stop the madness. Go emo off the jetty.
Reactionary is when u cut off the guys head who is cutting off everyones head.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:35 PM
Planar Protector

Elizondo has already basically admitted there is no scenario where he would acknowledge Trump committed a crime, and I think the same goes for all the MAGA's around here.

Even ignoring everything else, all the motherfucker had to do was give back the secret documents the government was asking for. Want to keep some documents? Build a presidential library with a secure documents room like everyone else. What was so important about keeping these fucking things anyway? He blatantly admits he has the documents and is not giving them back lol there is no opacity to this

Note that by saying this I'm not implying no Democrats are criminals. Hunter Biden can be a criminal at the same time as Trump. Before the fucking goof troop rolls in with the BUTTEREMAILS. And if Joe was involved, investigate him too.
Last edited by Lune; 08-18-2023 at 12:38 PM..
Old 08-18-2023, 12:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Elizondo has already basically admitted there is no scenario where he would acknowledge Trump committed a crime, and I think the same goes for all the MAGA's around here.

Even ignoring everything else, all the motherfucker had to do was give back the secret documents the government was asking for. Want to keep some documents? Build a presidential library with a secure documents room like everyone else. What was so important about keeping these fucking things anyway? He blatantly admits he has the documents and is not giving them back lol there is no opacity to this
Do you think he snuck into the White House and burgled them out after his term ended?

Otherwise not secret.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Otherwise not secret.
He brought them home. They are classified. They are secret. The POTUS is not a catholic priest who can wave his hand over them and deign "thou art no longer classified", doesn't work that way, sorry. Unless he actually goes through the process to declassify them, which he didn't.

Note that this wasn't a problem until he just flatly refused to give them back. Biden had files too in his garage, oopsie dementia, but he gave them back when asked.
Last edited by Lune; 08-18-2023 at 12:43 PM..
Old 08-18-2023, 12:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lune [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He brought them home. They are classified. They are secret. The POTUS is not a catholic priest who can wave his hand over them and deign "thou art no longer classified", doesn't work that way, sorry. Unless he actually goes through the process to declassify them, which he didn't.

Note that this wasn't a problem until he just flatly refused to give them back. Biden had files too in his garage, oopsie dementia, but he gave them back when asked.
Vesting clause. Classification is an executive authority.

The idea that Congress could create an executive body superior to the executive is a logical absurdity.

There is no process.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Vesting clause. Classification is an executive authority.

The idea that Congress could create an executive body superior to the executive is a logical absurdity.

There is no process.
What. Security clearance is governed by law, which the president has to abide by in spite of being president. The POTUS is not a king. If he wants to violate the law, he has to change it, even if it is a previous executive order. This is a formalized process. Obama did something like this when he left office, he changed a rule, making some of the clearance rules more lenient. Trump was apparently too stupid to do this.
Old 08-18-2023, 12:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
What. Security clearance is governed by law, which the president has to abide by in spite of being president. The POTUS is not a king. If he wants to violate the law, he has to change it, even if it is a previous executive order. Obama did something like this when he left office, he changed a rule, making some of the clearance rules more lenient.
That's a nice bowl of pudding. Good job kid.
Closed Thread