Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 08-24-2022, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It is more productive than your trolling[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
Is it though?
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 08-24-2022, 10:46 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is it though?
Yes, posting gifs instead of trying to provide data that counters mine is trolling. If you really think the numbers are off, post some videos and logs. Those will be much more definitive than your aggregated parses. Then we have the raw data.

As of right now you are just trolling and making yourself look really silly.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So your plan now is to continue copying and pasting the same post? It’s like the 12th time you’ve done it so far.
How is what your doing different? You make the same points repeatedly,yet provide no logs or actual evidence.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is what your doing different? You make the same points repeatedly,yet provide no logs or actual evidence.
Exactly.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Yes that’s what this thread needs … some YouTube videos.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah scroll back to pages 20-24 and see where I actually contributed some actual data, not napkin math. Those parses he keeps reposting at the top of his forum-diarrhea were mine … shamefully misrepresented by DSM unfortunately.

Old 08-24-2022, 10:50 AM
Fire Giant

Your data is trash. You continually post numbers and math and completely disregard the fact that nobody plays perfectly optimally all the time. Especially during extended grind sessions. Shit doesn't always work out exactly like you calculated on your spreadsheet. Playing a shaman optimally for long periods is an exhausting button mashing clusterfuck. I know from experience. Mages can really completely phone it in and still be like 90% effective with almost zero effort. You can't math this factor no matter how hard you try. There's a number of other factors you also can't really account for with your compulsive need to math everything out. You have the most astounding bias and hardheadedness of anyone I've ever seen on this forum and that is TRULY an impressive feat. Like I'm not even trolling when I say that. I've had plenty of arguments on these forums with shit for brains people with idiotic ideas but you absolutely take the cake sir.

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 08-24-2022, 10:51 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Yeah scroll back to pages 20-24 and see where I actually contributed some actual data, not napkin math.
This is not napkin math. In Everquest players have a fixed amount of Mana/time to do things. The numbers I showed are indeed the average based on those numbers, if you don't get twitched. You can easily math out maximum average DPS assuming perfect conditions. In reality the numbers are lower for both classes due to other factors, but you can see the average difference.

I also showed real data by the way. But for some reason you think your data is somehow real while mine isn't. I still haven't figured out the logic there[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your data is trash. You continually post numbers and math and completely disregard the fact that nobody plays perfectly optimally all the time. Especially during extended grind sessions. Shit doesn't always work out exactly like you calculated on your spreadsheet. Playing a shaman optimally for long periods is an exhausting button mashing clusterfuck. I know from experience. Mages can really completely phone it in and still be like 90% effective with almost zero effort. You can't math this factor no matter how hard you try. There's a number of other factors you also can't really account for with your compulsive need to math everything out. You have the most astounding bias and hardheadedness of anyone I've ever seen on this forum and that is TRULY an impressive feat. Like I'm not even trolling when I say that. I've had plenty of arguments on these forums with shit for brains people with idiotic ideas but you absolutely take the cake sir.
Using the lazy player argument works against Mages too. If a Mage is being lazy, they will forget to /pet attack, forget to re-apply DS, forget to nuke, etc. Of course lazy players will DPS lower, but that is irrelevant to what the classes can do when played normally hehe.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 08-24-2022 at 10:55 AM..
Old 08-24-2022, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using the lazy player argument works against Mages too. If a Mage is being lazy, they will forget to /pet attack, forget to re-apply DS, forget to nuke, etc. Of course lazy players will DPS lower, but that is irrelevant to what the classes can do when played normally hehe.
Implying it takes the same amount of effort to play a mage as it does to play a shaman optimally in an avg xp group situation might be the most idiotic thing you've said so far. Mages have 1 buff every 15 min to worry about and it only needs to be applied to 1 target. You can literally macro /pet attack and a couple nukes (with pauses) to 1 literal button press. Depending on the group DPS output and mob HP you can probably often get away with 1 button press per mob. 2-3 at worst. Meanwhile your shaman has 3+ buffs that should be applied to the entire group at all times. You're talking about pox/bane/epic click/jbb just to do less damage than the 1 button mage. This isn't even accounting for canni dance spam to recover the mana for the next mob as you have repeated like 400 times in this thread. You also have 2 debuffs to the mage's 1.

You're fucking high if you think a lazy mage and a lazy shaman will be equally affected by laziness

These statements are not up for debate amongst sane human beings
Why does <Vanquish> allow DSM to be a member?
Old 08-24-2022, 11:28 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlsNoBan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Implying it takes the same amount of effort to play a mage as it does to play a shaman optimally in an avg xp group situation might be the most idiotic thing you've said so far. Mages have 1 buff every 15 min to worry about and it only needs to be applied to 1 target. You can literally macro /pet attack and a couple nukes (with pauses) to 1 literal button press. Depending on the group DPS output and mob HP you can probably often get away with 1 button press per mob. 2-3 at worst. Meanwhile your shaman has 3+ buffs that should be applied to the entire group at all times. You're talking about pox/bane/epic click/jbb just to do less damage than the 1 button mage. This isn't even accounting for canni dance spam to recover the mana for the next mob as you have repeated like 400 times in this thread. You also have 2 debuffs to the mage's 1.

You're fucking high if you think a lazy mage and a lazy shaman will be equally affected by laziness
The problem here is you are basically assuming a lazy mage will always do X, and a lazy shaman will always do Y. It's on a per player basis, so you can't get any data on what percentage of players play their class normally. For all you know most Mages just afk and leech XP[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The only thing you can do is look at how the classes are played normally. Torpor Shamans are going to be doing their job, because anybody who hates Canni/Torporing would have stopped playing their Shaman. It's the same logic with bards. If you don't like a class that requires more effort, you don't play it.