Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 01-01-2024, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Meow
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-01-2024, 12:13 AM
Planar Protector

Admit lifetaps arent just dmg and we can talk. And by damaging the mob AND healing myself (as a necro) im value adding.
Canni gives the sham mana.
Lich gives the necro mana. Twitching gives OTHERS mana.
Lich then, by the transitive quality gives others mana and remember we in a group.
You as the sham can buff well. That is a granted. But like others have said a charmed, torch wielding quading hasted beast of a pet would get minimal adds from ya buffs.

Necro has technically mana on tap (lolocaust) for all. An actual useful pet. And the group would be free of a napkin mathhead spouting factual facts that he is superior to a mage as dps with 5 mobs root parked and epic dotting/managing them all while torporing/utilitying/rerooting and healing on charm breaks.
Old 01-01-2024, 12:17 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Admit lifetaps arent just dmg and we can talk. And by damaging the mob AND healing myself (as a necro) im not value adding.
I never said Lifetaps were only damage. I am not sure where you think you read that. Please quote me.

Healing the Necromancer via Torpor simply removes the need for Necromancers to heal via Lifetaps. Lifetaps are factually less mana efficient than DD's/DoT's in terms of damage. Lifetaps are less mana efficient specifically because of the healing component.

Lifetaps are obviously great when you are soloing, or you need a quick heal in an emergency. In a group with a healer you can do more damage by using your more mana efficient DD's/DoT's, and let the Shaman heal your Demi Lich/Shadowbond damage for basically no cost.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2024 at 12:31 AM..
Old 01-01-2024, 12:28 AM
Planar Protector

100k plat on blue to the elf that can find the jutebox ST scumbag Falling Down in German video

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 01-01-2024, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never said Lifetaps were only damage. I am not sure where you think you read that. Please quote me.

Healing the Necromancer via Torpor simply removes the need for Necromancers to heal via Lifetaps, which are factually less mana efficient than DD's/DoT's in terms of damage. They are less mana efficient specifically because of the healing component.

Lifetaps are obviously great when you are soloing. In a group with a healer you can do more damage by using your more mana efficient DD's/DoT's, and let the Shaman heal your Demi Lich/Shadowbond damage for basically no cost.
All good and valid points. Don't let this gang of naysayers try to bully you out of your math. It's right there in the equations.
Old 01-01-2024, 12:37 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All good and valid points. Don't let this gang of naysayers try to bully you out of your math. It's right there in the equations.
Indeed! Glad we agree.
Old 01-01-2024, 01:00 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-01-2024, 01:05 AM
Planar Protector

Troxx is admitting he has lost the debate via silly gif. Again. Thank you for conceding. I am glad to see you learned something about your level 60 Necromancer that you apparently didn't know before!
Old 01-01-2024, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

@DSM (Don't Say Mage)
You mention a lifetap at 405 mana and 720dam. Thats 1.777 efficiency!
That would be true if it was just damage.
It does 720 heal as well so i propose 1440 damheal @ 3.555 efficiency. But whatever.

Given a choice, if no clr id slum it with a shm.
I love me a wiz but a mag seems to offer more in this scenario. With a mag (malo) id go a druid (especially if animal charms) instead of a shm especialy pre 60 or no torp.
Lets face it, group of 4 played well will drill holes in any group content.
The difference will be the quality of the banter.
Condom Brand!
Old 01-01-2024, 03:18 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lets face it, group of 4 played well will drill holes in any group content.
Agreed!

Quote:
You mention a lifetap at 405 mana and 720dam. Thats 1.777 efficiency!
That would be true if it was just damage.
It does 720 heal as well so i propose 1440 damheal @ 3.555 efficiency. But whatever.
You are correct that you get a total of 3.555 mana efficiency when combining the damage and the heal, assuming you have lost 720+ HP. But if you don't need the healing, then you get nothing from the healing portion of the spell. This is because the Shaman is already healing you basically for free. It is a similar concept to casting Lifetap at 100% HP. In that scenario you are only dealing the damage, while not benefiting at all from the healing. Your Lifetap is a 1.777 damage per mana DD when you don't need the healing.

That is why it is better to swap to your more mana efficient DD's/DoT's in a group with a healer. You get more damage per mana because you are relying on the healer to keep you healthy instead of your Lifetaps. Obviously there are some emergency scenarios where Lifetap is still useful, but ideally your group isn't making a habit of letting the mobs pound on the Necromancer.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2024 at 03:28 AM..