Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Old 06-29-2023, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So you’re thinking about dps wrong.

Let me explain. Dps isn’t just about xp per hour. You’re valuing this too much in this discussion. If you want to maximize xp per hour, an optimized duo is typically best.

There are other less obvious advantages to more dps. The quicker you kill something, the more time you can rest. Player fatigue is real, as we being humans have various reasons to need breaks. More dps can also mean The less chance something goes wrong and potentially rng kills you. Or it allows you to go after more mobs. You can kill a ww dragon quicker for example, and then move onto something else.

OP did not specify whether best meant xp per hour or something else. So we have to look at the full spectrum of what more dps can bring. There’s almost no downside to having more dps as long as utility is met. This is why a mage is better than a shaman in this group. There’s no shortage of utility here.
As I asked Toxigen, can you provide example camps so we can run the numbers? I am not saying you are wrong when it comes to player fatigue being a factor, but you cannot simply use that as an excuse to always justify more DPS. There is a threshold where the DPS in your party is sufficient for maximum XP per hour, while also not being too stressful on the players.

Again, this is why you don't see 6 player XP groups that often. Even though that situation provides an easier play experience, it is basically "too easy", which translates to people getting annoyed that they aren't getting as much XP per hour. They prefer to increase the challenge to increase XP gains.

You are also underestimating utility in my view. Utility provides consistency, which can also translate to more kills over multiple hours. If your group can handle an emergency situation easier, that also reduces player fatigue and the chance of a wipe. A group wipe offsets the benefits of the extra DPS.

It simply doesn't make sense to say "player fatigue is a factor that can lead to mistakes", while also saying a 3x Enchanter group is not going to have problems. Enchanters are more complex than most if not all other classes. You are constantly paying attention to make sure your pet doesn't break, and you are casting a lot of spells. It is a higher fatigue composition if you want to bring fatigue into the discussion as a factor.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-29-2023 at 03:00 PM..
Old 06-29-2023, 02:54 PM
Planar Protector

I apologize to Deso, DSM is worse. Sorry
Old 06-29-2023, 03:01 PM
Sarnak

Who wants to make the thread "best 4-person all caster/priest group without shamans"?
Old 06-29-2023, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who wants to make the thread "best 4-person all caster/priest group without shamans"?
We could make a thread called "best 4-person all caster/priest group without Clerics" and a thread called "best 4-person all caster/priest group without Enchanters" too!
Old 06-29-2023, 04:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortior [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ench/clr kills puppets in PoM, druid ports around and uses (pet) track to check for Phinny, Tranix, MQables like VP key mobs, other ench kills in SG, group gates and meets up to kill scout, epic mobs.

Swap the druid for a wizard and you unlock plane of hate minis, which this group can easily do.
I actually think you might have convinced me that the wizard is the best 4th member for this group. plus vp robe is 56 free dps for trash which is a totally acceptable tradeoff for gaining mobility for faster sniping.
Last edited by Crede; 06-29-2023 at 04:19 PM..
Old 06-29-2023, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I actually think you might have convinced me that the wizard is the best 4th member for this group. plus vp robe is 56 free dps for trash which is a totally acceptable tradeoff for gaining mobility for faster sniping.
If the idea is to have a Wizard porting solo players around the world farm crew style, the best composition would be Enchanter/Enchanter/Enchanter/Wizard. You want the best solo class working in 3 separate areas.

I think the issue is we are breaking the thread into two topics: "Best four man group that is in the same zone together" and "Best solo farm crew that can spread out". Those two types of groups operate differently.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...postcount=1419

Based on how OP was describing their play style with their group, it's pretty clear they were doing the "Best four man group that is in the same zone together" route. Everybody else is assuming this as well, which is why the topic has never turned to thinking about a solo farm crew before.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-29-2023 at 04:48 PM..
Old 06-29-2023, 04:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If the idea is to have a Wizard porting solo classes around the world farm crew style, the best composition would be Enchanter/Enchanter/Enchanter/Wizard. You want the best solo class working in 3 separate areas.

I think the issue is we are breaking the thread into two topics: "Best four man group that is in the same zone together" and "Best solo farm crew that can spread out". Those two types of groups operate differently.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...postcount=1419

Based on how OP was describing his play style with his group, it's pretty clear they were doing the "Best four man group that is in the same zone together" route. Everybody else is assuming this as well, which is why the topic has never turned to thinking about a solo farm crew before.
Not necessarily. If you’re porting up to hate, you will almost certaintly want a cleric. You want one in sleepers as well. I think cleric/enc/enc/wiz is the perfect balance of power and mobility at 60. This thread has been solved for me.

Thanks all!
Old 06-29-2023, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Warriors can bind wound!
Old 06-29-2023, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Not necessarily. If you’re porting up to hate, you will almost certaintly want a cleric. You want one in sleepers as well. I think cleric/enc/enc/wiz is the perfect balance of power and mobility at 60. This thread has been solved for me.

Thanks all!
Enchanters can solo the minis. Having 3 separate camps is going to be more lucrative in my opinion. This type of group is going to be comprised of veteran players, or it wouldn't work.

In a solo farm crew that prefers a priest duo option, a Shaman/Enchanter/Enchanter/Wizard group would be better, because the Shaman can be used to solo something like A4 if there are no targets up that need a duo while the other two Enchanters solo elsewhere. That is the main issue with taking a Cleric for a split group, they can't do too much soloing on their own, so you are stuck doing a duo + solo split. The Shaman opens up the possibility of doing a three way solo split, without losing the duo options.

Honestly for the "Best solo farm crew that can spread out" group, it is a tossup between Enchanter/Enchanter/Enchanter/Wizard or Shaman/Enchanter/Enchanter/Wizard. I am genuinely curious to see what would net more plat per hour. 3 players working separately consistently, or having a duo come together for something like Fungi King, Minis, Puppets occasionally.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-29-2023 at 05:36 PM..
Old 06-29-2023, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Enc *can* solo the minis but there are few enc actually soloing them on the reg. Far easier with backup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.