Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by d-tron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No one was using OT hammers back in the day either, should probably nerf those as well.
Amen brother... i remember our guild tank.. wacked mobs for over 5 minutes trying to get it to proc. By the time it went off the named was dead. He had to pay for ports from then out cause brother had ogre dex.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wurl [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You've posted "someone charmed a mob one time you guys!!!!" dozens of times in this thread now mate. Maybe that's enough posting?
Dozens huh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Get to work on evidence (got mine) not feels
Last edited by Nirgon; 11-20-2019 at 05:29 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 05:33 PM
Banned

This is starting to feel like the WoW class forums.

Stern cringe.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "Shit's classic." Doesn't seem genuine either.

Life tap clickies melting raid mobs "Shit's classic." Gone

Necro life taps not getting resisted "Shit's classic" Gone

Am I wrong?
What are you telling me for? I never advocated for those changes.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooj [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is what I've never understood about it in the first place. :\ They can do way too much of the best stuff. Maybe it's just because of the way Enchanters were at launch (people were disappointed and they were underpowered supposedly), so they got some major changes and additions, but those changes were too far overboard and perhaps Verant just figured to keep them in to get more people to play Enchanter? I really don't know.

However, reading through dialogue from devs back then they clearly wanted to and had every intention of balancing the classes to the best of their ability. So what happened with Enchanter? Did they actually perceive it as balanced, or did they just not "know how good it was" like people claim about the players? I just have a hard time believing that many of the things we experience on P99, while Classic, would've stuck if we had the same circumstances we have today back then.
We can talk about how OP Enchanters are or not all we want. The point is, they reflect what the class was on live. The goal of the server is to try and reflect how each class and mechanic was on live during the classic era. The point of the server is not to say "Wellllll achhhtually Enchanters were OP and they were never balanced but in my opinion they should have been so we should arbitrarily nerf them here because of that!"

If we want to make that the standard, then I guess we better open up like a million other things for peoples' personal opinions to be used to modify. For example, I think hybrids having snap aggro is cheesey and cheap and holding aggro as a tank should be more difficult, so nerf that please. What about Shamans and Canni; that's essentially a manastone-like ability and the devs stopped that from dropping and limited it to old world only, so Canni should either be removed or limited to old world only please. What about Rangers; AAs were implemented in later expansions to make them much better because the devs thought they were too weak from a balance perspective in the classic era, so add those changes to Rangers please since the standard is now what the devs did later on or what we think they would have done. What about Iksar regen and AC boost; back in the day there weren't nearly as many Iksars but sooo many people roll Iksar now to min/max for the relevant classes, so nerf Iksars please to create more of a "classic atmosphere."

It's just the dumbest argument I've seen on these forums in a long time and the only reason people are making it is because they're mad they can't find any legitimate evidence to try and force a change.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:42 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjs86z [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
holy sh*t get a grip man - laughing / cringing at that bold part

filed under bad / sad / mad

40 pages and counting...y'all need to go outside and get some fresh air.
Says the hardcore-raid-guild Chanter who plays the most absurdly overpowered Class in the game so he can monopolize content from entire groups of players.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We can talk about how OP Enchanters are or not all we want. The point is, they reflect what the class was on live.
How can you possibly say that with a straight face? Enchanters weren't even a DPS class on live. They are the best DPS class here.

Under anyone's definition of "reflecting what the class was on live", it's painfully obvious P99 doesn't reflect it ... to anyone who actually played on live back then at least.

Again, it's like saying Bards were AoEing 50+ mobs in OT and not letting anyone else XP on live ... or saying that they would have, if they weren't so stupid back then. They weren't stupid, and they weren't monopolizing OT: whatever classic evidence everyone may have presented to say "Bards can totally AoE 50+ mobs", a critical detail was missing, because it absolutely was not classic.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Last edited by loramin; 11-20-2019 at 05:46 PM..
Old 11-20-2019, 05:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stable connections today are a big factor.
That's a horseshit excuse. We had broadband in my house less than a year after EQ launched.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How can you possibly say that with a straight face? Enchanters weren't even a DPS class on live. They are the best DPS class here.

Under anyone's definition of "reflecting what the class was on live", it's painfully obvious P99 doesn't ... to anyone who actually played on live back then at least.
They were able to be, people just weren't familiar enough with the class to use them as such whether due to simple worry about dealing with Charm breaks and/or not realizing truly how good Charm DPS was. Knowledge took longer to spread back then, you didn't have the uber data mining and parsing that goes on today where every single player in the game would know within like a weak how good Charm DPS was.

The ability was there. Saying Enchanters need to be nerfed simply because people didn't use the ability as frequently or as optimally as they have learned to do is just such a stupid argument.
Old 11-20-2019, 05:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's a horseshit excuse. We had broadband in my house less than a year after EQ launched.
Whoa, check out the Richie Rich over here.
Closed Thread