Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
a study just came out that "trigger warnings" actually make shit worse for the people who have experienced that shit lol

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/r...auma-survivors

edit: that one says from 2019 idk something hit my bing news feed yesterday and it was more recent i think idk. it's pretty obvious that shit was dumb anyway.
Yea I saw that, bill Maher talked about them recently

That dude can speak some serious wisdom sometimes. I feel like he and I would get along well, even with very different politics

Sorry for double post, Trex or one of ya’ll might have already posted this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=
Old 03-07-2023, 09:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trex or one of ya’ll might have already posted this
I did not, and had I did, Bill Maher is always welcome

stand up comedians are some of the most intelligent and reality grounded people you will ever hear speak.

bill and I would probably disagree on many things, but I would always respect his opinion because every single time it is intelligent, well-informed, based in reality and funny to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It was sarcasm, I been using the phrase sarcastically since it’s inception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
deleted my post
Last edited by Trexller; 03-07-2023 at 10:00 PM..
Old 03-07-2023, 10:05 PM
Planar Protector

i like bill but he's obviously detached from normal people reality now.

last episode he acted like russel brand was talking literal nonsense, i think Russel is annoying as fuck but he had a point and neither bill or john heilemann had any idea wtf he was talking about and it's because they have been in show biz for 20+ years now and can't connect with normal people anymore
Old 03-07-2023, 10:08 PM
Banned

I think everyone agrees we as a species are so mentally soft compared to what we had to endure hundreds and thousands of years ago

The stuff that “traumatizes” us today would be like a walk in the park to our ancestors…

One of the first things they train in mental health when trying to assign a rating to someone’s distress due to stressors is that it is subjective distress. Because if it wasn’t, I’d be rating all these kids and adults low, low, low, low, low. Sometimes I want to say “This is all petty shit! Come back and talk when your parents die, you find out you have cancer, you lose the use of your legs, when real shit happens!” But I don’t, I still have to be empathetic for subjective distress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-07-2023, 10:10 PM
Banned

you gotta watch bill maher as though he's a comedian with political opinions, not a pundit.

He's very stubborn in his ways, HBO understands that they have to let bill be bill, or they won't have a show at all.

Real Time with Bill Maher isn't a talk show, its an hour of Bill's opinions with other people invited to chime in.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
I think everyone agrees we as a species are so mentally soft compared to what we had to endure hundreds and thousands of years ago
not even 100 years ago, by age 10 everyone had experienced much worse than what the average person will go through in their entire life.

Americans in 2023 are softer than marshmallow fluff, its pathetic and scary.
Old 03-07-2023, 10:36 PM
Planar Protector

Not even 50 years ago
Old 03-07-2023, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

lawl Bug Eating Groomer JAN6! Lies crumbling so badly
Old 03-07-2023, 11:11 PM
Banned

Oh yea, and speaking of being stigmatized as a pedo/groomer…

True story, last week I’m sitting on a bench outside the counselor’s office of an elementary school, and a female teacher is passing me in the hallway

“Excuse me, can I ask, what are you doing here??” She says to me, with suspicion in her tone

Now, I could have clutched pearls, and made a comment how I doubt she would have even said anything to me at all, or at least not in that tone, had I been a woman

But all I said was “just waiting to speak to the counselor who requested me”

Why didn’t I bitch? Because it comes with the fuckin territory. I’m a middle aged bald man that no one who works there recognizes, sitting 5 feet away from a bunch of 8yr old girls

Male teachers, male coaches of women’s sports teams, I GUARANTEE you get far more suspicion from parents than female. And they don’t bitch. Because they know it comes with the territory
Old 03-07-2023, 11:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Oh yea, and speaking of being stigmatized as a pedo/groomer…

True story, last week I’m sitting on a bench outside the counselor’s office of an elementary school, and a female teacher is passing me in the hallway

“Excuse me, can I ask, what are you doing here??” She says to me, with suspicion in her tone

Now, I could have clutched pearls, and made a comment how I doubt she would have even said anything to me at all, or at least not in that tone, had I been a woman

But all I said was “just waiting to speak to the counselor who requested me”

Why didn’t I bitch? Because it comes with the fuckin territory. I’m a middle aged bald man that no one who works there recognizes, sitting 5 feet away from a bunch of 8yr old girls

Male teachers, male coaches of women’s sports teams, I GUARANTEE you get far more suspicion from parents than female. And they don’t bitch. Because they know it comes with the territory
Your mistake was not marking your territory.

She would never have messed with you if you had.
Closed Thread