Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 04-18-2014, 08:49 PM
Planar Protector

What about the BoD spell line.. if it's casted on a player and they dispell it.. I still get the regen? Those should be tied together, no?

*Not sure if this is classic or anything -- just curious...
Old 04-18-2014, 08:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's why Stalking Probes/Holgresh Elder Beads were sought after. You'd lich, give people heals, then dispel it.

Lol people would vexing the beads dude... you HAD to vexing the eye of zomm to be able to heal yourself for the damage the recourse was doing to you.

Hopefully the DUH bus just hit you.

And I hope you weren't leaving out the part of how people would vexing the beads in your description on purpose. Like wow lol. Or did you just try to use something people did and didn't know what your were talking about and shot yourself in the foot. I think I know what you just did. Gonna be hard to come back from dis 1.

Edit: lol just read his post. You'd make an eye of zomm, *blank*, then dispel the recourse off yourself? What!? Why did you think they had to make the eye of zomm!?
Last edited by Nirgon; 04-18-2014 at 08:59 PM..
Old 04-18-2014, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lol people would vexing the beads dude... you HAD to vexing the eye of zomm to be able to heal yourself for the damage the recourse was doing to you.
Oh really? Were you a necro?

No, you're vexing because you've got Lich on and you can't lifetap the raid mobs which resist taps.

Seriously, as someone that played Nec since beta this is just too fucking funny. You know literally nothing about this game, it's pathetic. Also way to again ignore evidence posted.

Edit: Also, before you go WHY DO YOU HAVE LICH ON, because I know you're dense and will try to grasp at anything to save face, it's so that you can manadump or cast DoTs or refresh people's DMF when it gets dispelled.
Last edited by Potus; 04-18-2014 at 09:31 PM..
Old 04-18-2014, 09:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vile [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What about the BoD spell line.. if it's casted on a player and they dispell it.. I still get the regen? Those should be tied together, no?

*Not sure if this is classic or anything -- just curious...
If the target dispels, they don't have the damage dot on them anymore, but the Necro still gets the heals.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:45 PM
Banned

Zyrino's post outlines that you would dot drain the eye to get hp back which is why the beads were popular. If you couldn't dispel the recourse you would have to.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Something doesn't have to make you be able to duo a dragon to be overpowered. This make necros actually much better group healers than shamans(non 60) and druids b/c their heals cost almost no mana and they still add substantial dps to the group as well as utility.

I agree with Samwise here, but I know the goal of the devs is to replicate classic mechanics and this is likely to stay in if there is evidence to support it being in game.
Old 04-19-2014, 11:07 AM
Fire Giant

I dug through old notes and posts when I first discovered this, and other than Nigorns friends memory found nothing to confirm (it is currently implemented correctly) - not a nec lookin to help himself, find my thread on FD to confirm [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-19-2014, 12:10 PM
Banned

Still hasn't answered why'd they'd need the beads to vexing/bond if they coulda just dispelled/clicked the recourse off themselves the whole time?
Old 04-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Fire Giant

sometimes the first tick hits and drains 100 hp, combined with lich on a non iks, you'd need to tap some life every 30 sec or so - since most mob are full Mr immune, beads make sense
Old 04-19-2014, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Still hasn't answered why'd they'd need the beads to vexing/bond if they coulda just dispelled/clicked the recourse off themselves the whole time?
Answered in my post. Nice try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, you're vexing because you've got Lich on and you can't lifetap the raid mobs which resist taps.

Edit: Also, before you go WHY DO YOU HAVE LICH ON, because I know you're dense and will try to grasp at anything to save face, it's so that you can manadump or cast DoTs or refresh people's DMF when it gets dispelled.
Nirgon bug report flawed, knows it's flawed, is pretending he doesn't understand issues now. Shameless attempt to nerf shit for no reason.