Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2022, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is plain WRONG. A creature hitting you for max damage over and over again (think flurry drakes in NTOV) is not going to be stopped by your measly mana pool or a few extra AC. If you stacked max HP, you could survive it longer and get healed. Do YOU even play high levels? If you tried to raid on this character, you would be expected to tank those drakes or you would be LAUGHED AT by the raid for bringing such a useless character. You don't gear for trivial content... it's TRIVIAL by definition.

HP is KING.

I'd offer to help you because you seriously need help with gearing and tanking, but it's obvious you wouldn't listen.

Just quit please trying to spread your misinformation.
Wow you really can't read. Did I say "AC/Resistances are good on Flurries"? Lol if you had read my post earlier, you would have clearly seen me say "The first mistake is taking your SK on raids". If you are off-tanking flurries as an SK, you are raiding wrong. Bring a different class or play the Cleric Bots.

I am building my SK for Solo/Group content (which is what most people do). I am not building my SK for raiding in the silly hope I can be useful in a raid. If you want to be a hybrid offtank in a raid, play a paladin for Divine Strength and Soul Fire charges, you will be more useful.

Are you one of those weird raiders who main SK and only main SK?
Old 01-01-2022, 04:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is plain WRONG. A creature hitting you for max damage over and over again (think flurry drakes in NTOV) is not going to be stopped by your measly mana pool or a few extra AC. If you stacked max HP, you could survive it longer and get healed. Do YOU even play high levels? If you tried to raid on this character, you would be expected to tank those drakes or you would be LAUGHED AT by the raid for bringing such a useless character. You don't gear for trivial content... it's TRIVIAL by definition.

HP is KING.

I'd offer to help you because you seriously need help with gearing and tanking, but it's obvious you wouldn't listen.

Just quit please trying to spread your misinformation.
I think while your advice is valid, and HPs generally are good, if we step back for a moment to consider the context of the thread, "50's SK Gear Advice ... mostly solo, doing a lot of fear kiting, so I haven't been too concerned about maxing my HPs.... easy to attain raid pieces may be doable, but nothing more competitive. " perhaps you are fixating on scenarios which may be less appropriate to how Keebs plans to use their SK in the foreseeable future?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-01-2022, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think while your advice is valid, and HPs generally are good, if we step back for a moment to consider the context of the thread, "50's SK Gear Advice ... mostly solo, doing a lot of fear kiting, so I haven't been too concerned about maxing my HPs.... easy to attain raid pieces may be doable, but nothing more competitive. " perhaps you are fixating on scenarios which may be less appropriate to how Keebs plans to use their SK in the foreseeable future?
Dude offered his magelo as a gear template, I reviewed the magelo and it had a few odd choices, even for solo/group content. I made suggestions for better pieces that are readily available for anybody in the tunnel. Now he's defending his gear in an obsessive manner, HE brought up tanking high end, not me.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-01-2022, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Dude offered his magelo as a gear template, I reviewed the magelo and it had a few odd choices, even for solo/group content. I made suggestions for better pieces that are readily available for anybody in the tunnel. Now he's defending his gear in an obsessive manner, HE brought up tanking high end, not me.
You came in claiming my gear was bad, and then refused to read what I have to say as to why maxing HP isn't necessary for most content. I have the right to defend myself lol, I am not sure why that upset you so much.

Once I replied, you start cursing and shit posting, under the unexplained scenario where you assumed myself and OP are trying to raid with our SKs[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] As I have said many times on this forum, the sad reality is SK's are basically useless in P99 raiding, so I would never advise someone to roll SK for raiding. The only way SK's would become useful again is if they got Harmshield and/or Lifetaps became un-nerfed. But I don't think that is ever going to happen.

The reality is a lot of people recite the "Max HP is best" mantra without actually trying out different gear. I can tell you from much gameplay experience (both on my SK and my Shaman), I haven't needed more than 2.5k-3k HP for any solo/group content I have come across. AC and Resistances help more in those scenarios, as they help minimalize spikes in DPS, which tend to get you killed the most in Solo/Group scenarios.

Any time my SK has been overwhelmed in the tanking role was because we didn't have a Warrior at the time, and were attempting to tank something that needed a disc, or I wasn't level 60 hehe.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have the right to defend myself
There's no defending the indefensible. Boots/belt/arms/rings are still very easy upgrades for your gear based on the profile.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-01-2022, 05:07 PM
Planar Protector

people solo tank raid bosses with necros now things/strategies change over time.

Maybe the beefiest shamman is right seems like hes got some good data to back up his strats lol
Old 01-01-2022, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There's no defending the indefensible. Boots/belt/arms/rings are still very easy upgrades for your gear based on the profile.
This is where you are wrong, because again you overestimate the importance of max HP. Sadly you seem unwilling to change your mind, so this info is directed more at other people reading this thread, rather than yourself.

Also, I never claimed I have the best in slot for those items lol, you seem to be assuming that. They are good pieces for solo/group content to make up for the lower Dex/Int Trolls get, and I dont want to spend the money/dkp on getting the next tier of upgrade, which will be quite expensive and not give me much of a boost. I will not solo or group any faster/better with your suggestions, they are side-grades at best for very specific content.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 01-01-2022 at 05:34 PM..
Old 01-01-2022, 06:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a fellow Troll SK, you can look at my Magelo in my Sig to get ideas on what to fill your other slots with.
I guess your right, you said you had ideas, but you never said you had GOOD ideas.
Old 01-01-2022, 06:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I guess your right, you said you had ideas, but you never said you had GOOD ideas.
Just reciting the mantra "HP = Good" does not make it so, nor does attempting to shut down the discussion because you can't be bothered to play the game[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-01-2022, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Just reciting the mantra "HP = Good" does not make it so, nor does attempting to shut down the discussion because you can't be bothered to play the game[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm pretty sure that at this point, neither one of us knows what you're talking about.
Closed Thread