Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 10:26 AM
Kobold

Spells not standing you up was not a good change. Some things in classic were changed not to dumb down the game but because they made sense. Some of these changes really need to be run through the common sense filter. The game ultimately should be about fun, not tied to things that were clearly mistakes in classic. Difficulty is all well and good and what I like about classic. This is just an extra button push that does not do anything for anyone. Same with the sitting to camp. /camp should sit you down. Give me a break guys.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:30 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime7795 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spells not standing you up was not a good change. Some things in classic were changed not to dumb down the game but because they made sense. Some of these changes really need to be run through the common sense filter. The game ultimately should be about fun, not tied to things that were clearly mistakes in classic. Difficulty is all well and good and what I like about classic. This is just an extra button push that does not do anything for anyone. Same with the sitting to camp. /camp should sit you down. Give me a break guys.
Please god, revert the stand-to-cast change. It's rapidly killing my soul
Old 12-03-2014, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

this server sucks now. making non issues into real issues the whole time you can't even SEE anything. crazy how just a few patches and i no longer have any desire to log in.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:39 AM
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haynar - EQ will now require full screen. Any attempt to alt tab or circumvent will crash client.
Haynar - Classic UI now enabled.
Haynar - Item linking removed.
nilbog - Casters must now view spell book to med until 30.

I can't wait until the day comes when I get to see these patch notes and the subsequent tears. The gamma, while not perfected yet, is a great classic implementation that really reminds you what classic eq was like. Pras.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Went looking for place to post issues post patch, must be blind can't find.

1. Brutes in WW caves run now VERY fast at 20% health. They seem to be sowed when at 10-20% health remaining. Very hard to kill.

2. Having to stand to cast a spell instead of just pressing gem and auto standing? Can rewrite my hotkeys to adapt to it but was it really necessary? Doesn't add to game play at all.

3. Wont rant on gamma thing...think that is covered already.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime7795 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lemme bring some common sense to you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if you dont like "classic" everquest then get out.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwisenhart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Went looking for place to post issues post patch, must be blind can't find.

1. Brutes in WW caves run now VERY fast at 20% health. They seem to be sowed when at 10-20% health remaining. Very hard to kill.

2. Having to stand to cast a spell instead of just pressing gem and auto standing? Can rewrite my hotkeys to adapt to it but was it really necessary? Doesn't add to game play at all.

3. Wont rant on gamma thing...think that is covered already.
pressing gem? we got a clicker folks, watch out.
Old 12-03-2014, 10:44 AM
Kobold

Not sure if others are experiencing the same problems, however the UI does not seem to be functioning, and some NPCs are entirely missing. Cant cast spells via UI.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-03-2014, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lemme bring some common sense to you.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

if you dont like "classic" everquest then get out.
Do you really need people to post a list of things and changes that aren't "classic"

they make changes that they say are for the good of the server even when not classic. fingerbone hoop anyone?
Old 12-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

gamma seems classic for me. i dont think people realize how hard it was to see in some places in classic. you know, caves with no light were actually dark and shit. too bad whiners gonna get it reverted.