Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 07:03 PM
The Protector of Sunder

It's amazing how quick every post on these forums devolves into RnF.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Server is great till around level 40 when you start hitting places like City of Mist where areas are heavily contested. That's when peoples true colors come out and you start to see how many douchey players p99 really has, which is roughly 80% from what I've experienced.
I'm not saying I haven't met my fair share of "douchey players", but I don't let them ruin my fun.

It's easier to just leave. CoM has a nice modifier, but if you're constantly fighting for the next mob to spawn, you could have steady killing somewhere else and be gaining as much if not more experience.....without the headaches.

I'll tell you now since all my alts are past the level...but Kerra Isle was EMPTY! Could duo, trio, full group. Felt like our own game. There are areas like that at every level. Make it a challenge to find them.
Old 11-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Kobold

Altitis and/or A.D.D. judging by signature ...

Welcome back! ... For now ...
Old 11-05-2013, 04:41 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not saying I haven't met my fair share of "douchey players", but I don't let them ruin my fun.

It's easier to just leave. CoM has a nice modifier, but if you're constantly fighting for the next mob to spawn, you could have steady killing somewhere else and be gaining as much if not more experience.....without the headaches.

I'll tell you now since all my alts are past the level...but Kerra Isle was EMPTY! Could duo, trio, full group. Felt like our own game. There are areas like that at every level. Make it a challenge to find them.
That's not even close to the point. The OP is about the state of the server to which I made the point that once you travel somewhere heavily contested it becomes a giant nerdy circle jerk to which those "nice" level 10-20 players are now suddenly the common p99 douche because they're 40+ now and deaths/camps/penalties actually matter now.

While I agree new players shouldn't be fooled by the amount of doom and gloom on the forums, they also should get used to the idea that most players are not even close to as friendly as they may appear in low end of the game.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by theguyy

While I agree new players shouldn't be fooled by the amount of doom and gloom on the forums, they also should get used to the idea that most players are not even close to as friendly as they may appear in low end of the game.
I've really not seen these problems at the high levle game that you speak of. At least not at camps. Contested raid mobs are obviously an issue, but exp camps and the general attitude of players is still friendly at all levels. Maybe it's you.
Mithras Firehealer - 60 cleric
Gurig Fireplague - 53 necro
Umphrey McGee - 55 magician
Loden Arrows - 46 ranger
Old 11-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's amazing how quick every post on these forums devolves into RnF.
Old 11-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Planar Protector

I have had some of the best groups I have ever been in in places like CoM, KC, Seb. The players that high are more "skilled" than low level groups. Still fun nun the less in low level groups.

Groups are what you make it. The puller makes more difference than anyone in groups I think. But I find getting a group in CoM is becoming harder and harder as of late??
Closed Thread