Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 10-31-2023, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Learn something from the people around you who are more intelligent than you. It's a skill you haven't learned yet obviously. Ask your favorite doctor there to hang out.
That isn't how hospitals work at all. Hopefully you'll never find out how right I am.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That isn't how hospitals work at all. Hopefully you'll never find out how right I am.
Ahh ok. You are more intelligent than every doctor at that hospital. Tracking.

In that case go hang out with the MBAs that scold those doctors if they don't send their patients down the path that leads them to extract the most funding from the insurance company.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:46 PM
Banned

Buddy, modern hospitals give you maybe 15 minutes with the doctor per week, even when you're inpatient, depending on immediacy of your problem.

You keep being desperate for something to bludgeon me with, though, you've done great at pretending to be a cartoon liberal so far.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:48 PM
Banned

Another hospital cog doing mindless shit while scrolling the elf forums. Go read On Liberty.
Old 10-31-2023, 03:49 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Origen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Buddy, modern hospitals give you maybe 15 minutes with the doctor per week, even when you're inpatient, depending on immediacy of your problem.

You keep being desperate for something to bludgeon me with, though, you've done great at pretending to be a cartoon liberal so far.
Pretty accurate re: hospitals. At least in most cities. I'm sure there are some where it's better. Not really their fault since they have to see a million patients that day.

But only doctors at hospitals who I've seen who really gave me a ton of time to talk through and ask questions were sports injury situations (like spinal or knee doctors at HSS).
Old 10-31-2023, 03:56 PM
Banned

Wasn't a suggestion to get time with a doctor as a patient. That's one thing. System is setup to minimize doctors time with each patient to maximize value they get out of doctors time.

Meant to speak to the doctor as a colleague or even a neighbor if he lives near any. Origen makes it seem that's out of reach. It isn't for someone with confidence or simple ability to say what's up and seeing the humanity of the doctor. If the doctor sees Origen as a patient ya he's only going to give him minutes. If he sees him as a intriguing colleague then much longer.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:00 PM
Planar Protector

Don't think the bedpan scrubber has doctors for colleagues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 10-31-2023, 04:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Pretty accurate re: hospitals. At least in most cities. I'm sure there are some where it's better. Not really their fault since they have to see a million patients that day.

But only doctors at hospitals who I've seen who really gave me a ton of time to talk through and ask questions were sports injury situations (like spinal or knee doctors at HSS).
We do get sit-downs with the docs as long as we schedule them far in advance. I'm not complaining. The treatments worked. Mission accomplished.
Old 11-01-2023, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seducio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wasn't a suggestion to get time with a doctor as a patient. That's one thing. System is setup to minimize doctors time with each patient to maximize value they get out of doctors time.

Meant to speak to the doctor as a colleague or even a neighbor if he lives near any. Origen makes it seem that's out of reach. It isn't for someone with confidence or simple ability to say what's up and seeing the humanity of the doctor. If the doctor sees Origen as a patient ya he's only going to give him minutes. If he sees him as a intriguing colleague then much longer.
I don't think most people who play here have doctors as colleagues or live in neighborhoods where they live lol
Old 11-01-2023, 09:40 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Questors [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is irrelevant.

Do you often exaggerate in an attempt to excuse away your laziness and ambivalence? You are so lazy, you couldn't be bothered to capitalize and use punctuation. Any of us could forgive a typo. We all commit them. That is not the case here. You literally couldn't be bothered to move a pinky to the SHIFT key. If breathing weren't involuntary, you would suffocate and die.

It's not about what you want to type or don't want to type.
It's not about having everything your way, simply because you are selfish and believe you are entitled to what you want and when you want it.
It's not about your complete lack of awareness.
Shocker, everything is not all about you. I know, unbelievable, isn't it? The horror!

If you create and or control the product, apply your rules. If others want to patronize the product with your rules, they will accept those rules and do so. If not, they won't.

Otherwise, It's about the rules set forth by those who do create or control the product.
It's about appropriate use for that product, in this case, naming conventions.
It's about immersion in the "world" and story (in this case). That's a main point of RPGs. It's similar to the concept of reading a book. Good writing keeps one immersed in the story and enjoying the book. Otherwise one stop reading the book.
It's about the seriously easy to use and no fail name generator that makes you instantly compliant and allows for immersion (by everyone) in the RPG. Does a person absolutely have to use the name generator? No, but it's an absolute no fail in a case where too many fail. It's as if being a failure is their purpose.

It's about respecting those who provide you with the product and for free (in this case) and set rules to which you agree for use. There it is, "...rules to which you agree for use." If you use the product and don't agree with rules, this disqualifies you from using the product. If you willfully ignore the rules, you are a liar and should be banned. Don't agree to that which you won't follow.
lol bro what