Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 03-03-2012, 05:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's closer to 60% resist rate with 84MR. It isn't intended to be exactly live like.
Currently with 175MR you still get rooted 20% of the time.

With 150FR/CR starfire and ice comet land for full or near full 70% of the time. Does it make any sense to you that all fire and cold based nukes are lures now?

This does not allow for the long drawn out fights that the majority of people on this server would like to have.

If resists were made classic, or even partials made more significant, it would make pvp much better.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:44 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kief [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Currently with 175MR you still get rooted 20% of the time.

With 150FR/CR starfire and ice comet land for full or near full 70% of the time. Does it make any sense to you that all fire and cold based nukes are lures now?

This does not allow for the long drawn out fights that the majority of people on this server would like to have.

If resists were made classic, or even partials made more significant, it would make pvp much better.
175MR would resist 85% of the time.

At 150CR you would get hit for full from Ice Comet ~5% of the time, and the rest would land between 20 - 50% before the 33% PvP reduction.

The same goes for FR against Fire nukes.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Null [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

At 150CR you would get hit for full from Ice Comet ~5% of the time, and the rest would land between 20 - 50% before the 33% PvP reduction.

Why do you think root/MR based cc spells should be implemented in this manner here? Not saying it is better or worse, but curious as to why you think these spells should be able to land when they never did on live.

In theory that resist system seems great, but must be I was simply getting unlucky with the nukes? When you could entirely resist them classicaly, that 20-50% of 66% of 1.2k (ice comet) and 612(starfire) is still incredibly significant. Especially when that unlucky 5% comes around and its 100% of 66% of said values.
Old 03-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Like perhaps a high chance of breaking from taking damage?
High chance? Seems like a pretty low chance. Not to mention, since roots land so easily who cares if it breaks? 2 seconds later you are rooted again. Melee's stand no chance against casters on this server.
Old 03-03-2012, 07:56 PM
Large Bat

Even with resists set up as they were on live, melees stood no chance vs casters in classic. A pure melee will never kill a caster unless the caster allows it to happen.

World of Warcraft can't be the model for your resist system in Everquest. Resists have to be a lot more meaningful here.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:38 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

most nukes at 120+ fr/cr land for full damage 7/10. from my experience the past few weeks of pvp.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:31 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silikten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
most nukes at 120+ fr/cr land for full damage 7/10. from my experience the past few weeks of pvp.
I don't mind getting on and testing this specifically, but I would be willing to bet that this is perception based on small sample sizes.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:32 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequarius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Even with resists set up as they were on live, melees stood no chance vs casters in classic. A pure melee will never kill a caster unless the caster allows it to happen.

World of Warcraft can't be the model for your resist system in Everquest. Resists have to be a lot more meaningful here.
There is about 10% difference between what we have here, and functional immunity to most CC abilities. Hardly WoW based resist system.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:42 PM
Banned

[QUOTE=Kief;577700]Why do you think root/MR based cc spells should be implemented in this manner here? Not saying it is better or worse, but curious as to why you think these spells should be able to land when they never did on live.QUOTE]
Old 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
There is about 10% difference between what we have here, and functional immunity to most CC abilities. Hardly WoW based resist system.
I think the most glaring issue right now with the current resist system for ice and fire is that you're always better off putting in hit point gear instead of resists.

If it takes me 150fr to negate ~25% of only one category of spell, those 15 slot I wasted in FR gear would be better off HP gear, all day, everyday.

Also, I'm sitting at ~85 fr unbuffed and joeblow lvl 49 druid with 20 base FR will land his starfires for 410 most of the time, with the rare 360+ partial resist, while I will also land them for 410 on him. I have a hard time making sense of this.

So I believe the threshold for partials needs to be lowered by a bit so that people that actually take the time to gather resist gear actually benefits from it.

Also what happened to the level calculation for resists? If im 60 when kunark comes out and a level 52 lands CC spell on me, im gonna flip out.

thats just my 2 cents.