Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: When did you decide to quit EQ live?
Ruins of Kunark 10 2.54%
Scars of Velious 12 3.05%
Shadows of Luclin 50 12.72%
The Planes of Power 60 15.27%
The Legacy of Ykesha 55 13.99%
LDoN and beyond 206 52.42%
Voters: 393. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 10:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man0warr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this
Old 07-10-2015, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quit around LDON and forget about the game for years. Then they announced EQN and made mention of eq being F2P on the normal eq servers. Gave it a shot after recovering my account. Had gauntlets of fiery might, cof and a bunch of other nice velious and kunark items. All of it was vendor trash compared to even the worse of gear. Friend found out I had gone back to live and told me about p99. Played back and forth until a nice bard gave me a free PL from 20-something to the low 40's. Never went back to live after that.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rararboker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quit around LDON and forget about the game for years. Then they announced EQN and made mention of eq being F2P on the normal eq servers. Gave it a shot after recovering my account. Had gauntlets of fiery might, cof and a bunch of other nice velious and kunark items. All of it was vendor trash compared to even the worse of gear. Friend found out I had gone back to live and told me about p99. Played back and forth until a nice bard gave me a free PL from 20-something to the low 40's. Never went back to live after that.
That's exactly what turned me off. The itemization is so fucking bonkers now that it was just super discouraging. I had solid PoP gear and it was all made to look like utter crap with Defiant of equal level. Like... really, really, utter crap.

I wish P99 would go to PoP but I know that won't happen.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:37 PM
Kobold

For the most part I quit at SoL, which to me was a big drop in quality compared to the rest of the game. However I didn't finally cancel until much later they made the original models "unsupported" and you couldn't even select to use them anymore. It felt like they took my character away from me and I cancelled the same day.
Old 07-10-2015, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

Friends went to FFXI as did I. Don't really remember hating EQ back in the day, played up to LoY.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bboboo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Friends went to FFXI as did I. Don't really remember hating EQ back in the day, played up to LoY.
I also quit and went to FFXI, best community I've ever played with in an mmorpg was on Ramuh.

EQ was pumping out expansions and changing the game quicker then I wanted them too, Planes of Power was amazing but it started to get too much too fast after that.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:21 PM
Sarnak

Looks like majority of players quit post-PoP. The P99 crew should just start a Classic-PoP server. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-10-2015, 11:27 PM
Banned

Tbh I had mixed feelings about everything from SoL and onward. Just didn't find a replacement game until around LDoN.
Old 07-10-2015, 11:28 PM
Fire Giant

What do you expect being gone from the game for all those years? lol

Example: Look at the difference between Kunark and Velious gear, and thats only one expansion diff
Old 07-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Banned

Didnt expect much different but it doesn't make the game seem less foreign just knowing what to expect. Which was the point.
Closed Thread