Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im pretty sure Rogean ripped out all the AA stuff. so that wont happen.

why did luclin ruin EQ?
gay character models, check
gay horses, check
story that had NOTHING to do with norrath, check
Nexus/easy travel, check
gay bane weapons, check
vex thal not working at release, check
bazaar to kill all real player merchants, check

and lastly,
retarded ass cat people on the moon, check
retarded easy beastlord class, check

pretty certain you'll see custom content before you see Luclin.
Considering how fast the developers here work I think we will see 2030 before we see anything after velious.
It's pretty clear he's become one of the people he described as No-life Nerds and Server Bullies.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsSergent [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye the AA cap atm though is I think is 1k unspent and 5k total?
No there is no spent cap. there is a ranger with 100k spent aa's. but the max you can have unspent is 50.
Old 11-08-2012, 07:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't really care for cats, but I didn't really dislike them either. I didn't really think they were an odder addition to the game than lizards... it was the fact that they lived on the moon that was strange. Beastlords were a cool class, imo; really liked how the different races had different pets (crocodiles? hell yeah i want a god damn crocodile pet!) + the hybrid of monk and shaman. But the rest of that stuff I definitely agree with.
Read EQ lore if you don't know where Vah Shir come from. Short versions: when Erudites and Heretics had their little war and blow up half the Odus, a large chunk made it all way to the moon with some surviving Kerras on it. This is why Kerras are almost extinct on Odus, and Vah Shir are evolved Kerras - Shar Vahl city is sitting on the very chunk of rock that flew off Odus (notice the crater area around it).

Honestly the only thing out of place on Luclin are netherians and bogling - those two are too much sci-fi lookings, otherwise it is all still within high fantasy limits.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:11 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We play on a nostalgia server that doesn't have a constant stream of new players.
You've got to be oblivious to the world to not realize that we DO have a constant stream of new players. We may not have dozens of new players starting up every week, but there are very regular "I'm new to p99 and/or EQ overall. Hi! Help me be good!" posts on the forums, and for every one of those posts there are certainly other new players who are not posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Read EQ lore if you don't know where Vah Shir come from. Short versions: when Erudites and Heretics had their little war and blow up half the Odus, a large chunk made it all way to the moon with some surviving Kerras on it. This is why Kerras are almost extinct on Odus, and Vah Shir are evolved Kerras - Shar Vahl city is sitting on the very chunk of rock that flew off Odus (notice the crater area around it).
Thanks for the unsolicited EQ history lesson.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for the unsolicited EQ history lesson.
I wasn't meant this to come out offensively. It just people keep saying "why there are cats on the moon?!" and its all logically explained in lore.

And speaking of custom content - you guys do realize that you can add Luclin without cats, and add cats without Luclin? People seem to have the idea that an expansion has to be all or nothing. Its not. It can be taken apart into 100 pieces and reassembled anyway you like.
Vah Shir can start in Kerra Isle, Horses can be sold in Qeynos, and Bazaar can be in EC Tunnel. Or any combination of thereof.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kika Maslyaka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wasn't meant this to come out offensively. It just people keep saying "why there are cats on the moon?!" and its all logically explained in lore.

And speaking of custom content - you guys do realize that you can add Luclin without cats, and add cats without Luclin? People seem to have the idea that an expansion has to be all or nothing. Its not. It can be taken apart into 100 pieces and reassembled anyway you like.
Vah Shir can start in Kerra Isle, Horses can be sold in Qeynos, and Bazaar can be in EC Tunnel. Or any combination of thereof.
Don't feed the trolls. Luclin was a good expansion, and needed to keep EQs player base alive. What you have here is a bunch of "it ruined the game" whiners around here. Makes sense they'd be the overwhelming voice. If they still liked EQ they'd be playing live and not here whining.

IMHO, be offensive and given a history lesson. They certainly didn't read their lore.
Old 11-09-2012, 04:53 AM
Fire Giant

Luclin was the death knell of quality Everquest
Old 11-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:

So cats being blown up to the moon on a chunk of rock is the logical explanation, eh? Let Luclin stay dead.

Old 11-09-2012, 12:52 PM
Planar Protector

Velious has more raids than Kunark. Velious has more difficult mobs. And a chunk of Kunark raids get retuned for epics after Velious releases. This will make epics easier, and prolong Velious content. If Kunark lasted two years, Velious could last longer. But I hope Velious' two years aren't the 'sock-fest that Kunark as been. Increase the peace.

That's one good thing about the time-line for this server. The Kunark people are holding on because "winter is coming." Once Velious is here and they've digested the content ad nauseam, they'll be out of reasons to stick around. There is currently not any "spring" planned for when they get bored of winter.
Closed Thread