Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Skeleton

like foxdragoon pointed out, there are rules from the original game that exist... a lot of policies changed though. Some basic ones stayed the same. On this server it's not really a problem, since it's privately run and if something is genuinely offensive it will be changed, and thats about it. If you want truer to classic, what about the old huge rule lists for guides? and policies from the old game?

Everquest Naming Policy
http://help.station.sony.com/cgi-bin...?p_faqid=16212

i dont have the EQ1 Policies and Procedures manual. There's a copy of the EQII one, which has a lot of the same stuff...

EQII Guide Policies and Procedures
http://www.liquidram.net/online/Guid...P&P11Jul08.htm

It includes some useful advice:

Pseudo-Nepotism. Some guilds have branches on multiple servers or games. It is also possible that real life friends have player characters on the Guide team member's Guide server. We should, at all costs, avoid any interaction with guildmates or real life friends while on duty. This includes, but is not limited to:

· Assisting guildmates or real life friends

· Escalating issues to guildmates that are also part of the Guide program.

· Referencing or speaking of the guild or guild references while on duty.

· Having the guild advertise that a member is also a member of the Guide Program.

Essentially, if our player character is a member of a guild, we should have nothing to do with anyone anywhere, while we are on duty that is also a member of that guild, even if that person is also in the program. This prevents the perception that, because a guild has a member of the Guide Program within it, members of that guild gets preferential treatment.

No d3wDzP3aK (Doodspeak). As Guides, we communicate with the players 100% via the written word. As such, it is very important that we deliver our responses in a professional and literate fashion. There is no quicker way to offend or "put off" a player than communicating in a manner that sounds ignorant or overly informal. Few people will complain or notice if our communications are concise, clean, and professional, but MANY will notice should they be sloppy, erroneous, and illiterate. Consequently, Guides will not use the style of communication generally referred to as Doodspeak. This includes, but is not limited to, words such as:

· 'u' instead of you

· 'ur' instead of you're/your

· 'sup' as a greeting

Favors. We shall never request 'favors' of a player, either for themselves or on behalf of another player. In such cases where it is deemed that player assistance is needed, the CSR or Senior Guide shall be the contacting person.

Controlling player perception. No matter the intentions, no matter how pure the motives, no matter how well meaning the guide program member, the specter of favoritism can rear its ugly head if we are not diligent and consistent in our actions. All it takes is for the belief to be propagated to cause a problem, even if it is completely untrue. This must be avoided at all costs, as it not only damages the individual's reputation and that of the program, but undermines SOE and the Guide Program overall.

Helping ourselves
. Under no circumstances whatsoever should any member of the Guide program "help themselves," such as assisting their player character or that character's party.

Twinking. We do not adventure and do not provide equipment or aid to player characters outside of those items specifically allowed for distribution. This includes giving items to our player characters. We are observers, not participants.
Last edited by vaire100; 11-20-2009 at 10:47 PM..
Old 11-20-2009, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

nerf foxdragoon's name, it's clearly a starfox/ff2 reference
Old 11-20-2009, 11:03 PM
Planar Protector

Can't let you do that... fox
Last edited by Pyrocat; 11-20-2009 at 11:56 PM..
Old 11-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Kobold

I'm completely in agreement.

Force a name change on every truly stupid, truly idiotic name.

Georgebush, Hugenutsack, etc... Make them all change so the rest of us can at least pretend they aren't complete morons.

Worst case though, players that stupid are easily ostracized.
Old 11-20-2009, 11:18 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I'm glad to see some people agree with the names. I didn't see it as an elitism thing, more like a suggestion we could all do to make the server feel a bit more classic. Sorry I caused all this backlash, I guess some people really take suggestions like this very seriously. Like I said, its not a real problem.
Last edited by foxdragoon; 11-20-2009 at 11:29 PM..
Old 11-21-2009, 05:38 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I remember actual character names being really strict, but you could get away with some funny stuff with your Surname, unless a GM saw you :{
Old 11-24-2009, 02:13 PM
Orc

In early Velious my pal got his toon's name changed forcibly by a GM.

Snotkok Rotjok was no more. This isn't really on topic, but I felt the need to share because that name was freaking awesome.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:22 PM
Kobold

I remember a cleric getting in trouble for his name "Jesus".

The GMs made him change it, but allowed him to choose a replacement.

Thus, "Mosus" the cleric was born.

Stupid Sony GMs.
Old 11-24-2009, 02:37 PM
Kobold

Call me ducky.
Old 11-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Sarnak

My last character on live was Colander Freshpasta
Closed Thread