Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Old 06-08-2022, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not disagreeing but that's the second time I have seen you refer to Hollywood Left-Wing Ultra Violence.

What makes violence in movies left-wing? The victims of the violence? Can you clarify this term?
It helps to understand that Hollywood isn't Right-Wing. It's a political talking-point from before I was born, so you are probably aware of it, it's also a point to make jokes for as long as I can remember, so that probably isn't new to you either. There are a lot of examples of violence in films, including many of those from Hollywood or connected to Hollywood. Since Hollywood isn't culturally considered to be Right-Wing then it is simple to say it is Left-Wing. In the case of violence or indeed, Ultra Violence, then you simply add that after. This would indicated to anyone with a functioning brain that is from the USA to easily understand the reference being made.

Thanks, take care and have good one. Yours truly,
Mblake1981
Old 06-08-2022, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Most of the media I enjoy would be considered Left-Wing Ultra Violence.

Original FallOut for example. The guys were media sponges in a time prior to any
of that being considered Right-Wing. Not even in the same ballpark.

Original Fallout is still the best game of the series. Left-Wing Ultra Violence
did very well in computer games and the American culture until it began to attack
the same culture and twist it into some weird ungodly.. thing.. with dyed hair
and hacked-off genitals.. who target children and argue that straights
(who gave birth to them) are grooming them also.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:24 PM
Planar Protector

would def sub to mblakes youtube 90s gaming channel.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:29 PM
Banned

Just because Hollywood is generally not right wing doesn't make them left wing. It depends. There's a lot of messaging packed into all of them, and I don't know how much is deliberate. Have you seen S. Craig Zahler movies?

I always liked the Disaster Movie trope, it's a real glimpse into the death drive of Americans. Obviously Americans arent the only ones making disaster movies, but we do make the best ones

There's a huge amount of shit to unpack in a lot of movies. Avengers films are chock full of mostly right-wing stereotypes, but so are the comics they're based on
Old 06-08-2022, 12:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by robayon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because Hollywood is generally not right wing doesn't make them left wing. It depends. There's a lot of messaging packed into all of them, and I don't know how much is deliberate. Have you seen S. Craig Zahler movies?

I always liked the Disaster Movie trope, it's a real glimpse into the death drive of Americans. Obviously Americans arent the only ones making disaster movies, but we do make the best ones

There's a huge amount of shit to unpack in a lot of movies. Avengers films are chock full of mostly right-wing stereotypes, but so are the comics they're based on
lol give me a break

edit:
Are you talking about Burt Reynolds? he brought film-making to Georgia, as whats-his-face once said.. Smokey and the Bandit is documentary. But even then it is still Left-Wing. It's acting and media, its a falsehood for entertainment or story telling. An imitation of life. Please stop this nonsense argument.
Last edited by Mblake1981; 06-08-2022 at 12:36 PM..
Old 06-08-2022, 12:33 PM
Planar Protector

So I think about this thing you guys are talking about a lot.

It's called predicive programming.

A lot of folks think that there is some secret covert agenda to brainwash us to be ready to go to war with jesus when he comes to save us, because there is this relentless push that aliens will come offering gifts and actually be trying to destroy us.

But that's just a human cultural fear in all aspect of our lives, from the begining of time. Its like survival instinct 101.

So I think that humans, fear the worst, and now we create stories and movies, we try to one up each story and it results in us creating these fanatical predictions about our fears destroying us one day.

and 1000000 monkeys on 1000000 typewriters cant be wrong all the time.

The question that I have is, are we creating our own destruction by writing our own ending on accident?

Could the relentless accidental stories we create, actually be predictive programming, but not on a conspiratory level, but simply a natural evolution?

Like if our stories were about happiness, then about nihilism, then about suicide, dont you think that is a sign of something greater?

I do.

Maybe not a plan, but a very real cause/effect thing.. and the cause is just our natural tendancy to want to be scared, and maybe we scare ourselves to death and that is our natural cycle, like a forest burning itself to the ground with its own dead leaves so it can grow back stronger.

Say what you will about humans, but athiests & the fundamentalists all believe one thing: we have a destiny
Old 06-08-2022, 12:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol give me a break

edit:
Are you talking about Burt Reynolds? he brought film-making to Georgia, as whats-his-face once said.. Smokey and the Bandit is documentary. But even then it is still Left-Wing. It's acting and media, its a falsehood for entertainment or story telling. An imitation of life. Please stop this nonsense argument.
I don't think it's a stretch to say the ideological content of a movie or tv show depends heavily on the script and the director

So it depends on the movie or tv show. Right wing tropes not being as welcome in Hollywood now as they were fifty years ago is good for the bottom line because culture at large in America is liberal. Even the right wing dudes recognize this, otherwise they wouldn't be whining about how they can't express their white pride without consequences. They have to bake it into the crust of the film, they can't just openly say it like John Wayne used to

So, yeah, now movies still have shitloads of pro-police and pro-military arguments

You're probably mistaking neoliberalism for leftism. A common mistake (deliberate psyop) by conservatives online
Old 06-08-2022, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

The new The Man Who Fell To Earth is based on far right 1990s conspiracy and domestic extremism.

Most of the far left stories, are actually based of far right conspiracy theory.

This goes all the way back to the invention of sci fi.

An artist may be left, but their ideas come from the crazy stuff they hear their neighbor talking about.
Old 06-08-2022, 12:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The new The Man Who Fell To Earth is based on far right 1990s conspiracy and domestic extremism.
I haven't seen that but all I am saying is that media content all has a lot of shit built in. There's movies and tv and software with every ideology

Well I have yet to see a Posadist movie but I don't speak Portruguese or watch Brazilian cinema. I sometimes watch Brazilian telenovelas translated into Spanish. No Juan Posadas. Yet
Old 06-08-2022, 12:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I want another Evil Dead movie.
I would watch. I got through the first season of the show but got sidetracked

Bruce Campbell being cast as Mera in Aquaman would kick ass though, now that Scamber Heard is persona non grata