Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2017, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its so bad, people will think classic wow the best, when it really sucked balls
Pssshhh! I actually enjoyed classic WOW!
Old 11-04-2017, 01:05 PM
Sarnak

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-04-2017, 01:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mead [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

see you boys and girls there
Beautiful
Old 11-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Fire Giant

Classic WoW through WoTLK, short of Trial of the Crusader patch, was something I really enjoyed as there was a sense of server community and player responsibility for their reputations, much like what we have here on P1999.

I'm playing. I feel bad for all the current retail kiddies that hate the idea of classic as it would involve developing actual social skills. They can always work on their garrisons, train vanity pets, and collect more Legendary components right where they are. Unless they get the wrong ones and they re roll entire characters to try again.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Banned

Nothing like the good, clean feeling of leading a group of level 18 Horde pals up the STV coast in a fresh server, heading straight into westfall and SHREKKING all the alliance before they can zone into deadmines.

then when they call in their high level incel lords, you just zone in and run DM.

I will probably play to mid 30s. Can't wait to hang out with Llandris as we mercilessly gank night elf scum caught ERPing in the Deeprun Tram
Old 11-04-2017, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NegaStoat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Classic WoW through WoTLK, short of Trial of the Crusader patch, was something I really enjoyed as there was a sense of server community and player responsibility for their reputations, much like what we have here on P1999.

I'm playing. I feel bad for all the current retail kiddies that hate the idea of classic as it would involve developing actual social skills. They can always work on their garrisons, train vanity pets, and collect more Legendary components right where they are. Unless they get the wrong ones and they re roll entire characters to try again.
WoW through WoTLK was fun. But playing on p99 has showed me what a mistake it would be to ever think I can go back and play that game as it existed then. I seriously doubt it would be 3 weeks+ before someone hit 60 like on my server live.

What is interesting about this is it seems that the game industry is moving the way the music and film industry has. You make a hit, and then you do ever damn thing you can to milk that hit for all it is worth. The new model will be all popular games that are expanded upon and remain popular for years, will then release a retro "progression" server where people can relive the hit game on fresh servers.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:53 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
WoW through WoTLK was fun. But playing on p99 has showed me what a mistake it would be to ever think I can go back and play that game as it existed then. I seriously doubt it would be 3 weeks+ before someone hit 60 like on my server live.

What is interesting about this is it seems that the game industry is moving the way the music and film industry has. You make a hit, and then you do ever damn thing you can to milk that hit for all it is worth. The new model will be all popular games that are expanded upon and remain popular for years, will then release a retro "progression" server where people can relive the hit game on fresh servers.
Does the last part really apply to this considering how much people have been calling for this and all the private server bs? Blizz seemed to resist the idea at first. This feels like them listening to fans rather than milking their game.
Old 11-04-2017, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus1 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does the last part really apply to this considering how much people have been calling for this and all the private server bs? Blizz seemed to resist the idea at first. This feels like them listening to fans rather than milking their game.
A part of this came from the Nostalrius data that the staff members presented to Blizzard during their conference. At its peak, that private server was clocking close to 18-20% of retail WoD total sub numbers from the NA+EU Nost accounts created with ISPs matching those zones. When you consider this was a volume of first world players that first had to learn about the project and then be willing to jump through the hoops to get it to run on their machines... that was more than just a considerable amount of customer interest.

I give Nostalrius no praise. Certain staff members were completely corrupt with their gold farmer dealings, taking profit off of an open source project and literally giving almost nothing back to the open source community until after they were shut down, and only then after individuals leaked the core unofficially. The impact of their experiment however was massive.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:18 PM
Planar Protector

Who gives a shit, like there isn't checks being cut on this project
Old 11-05-2017, 09:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Who gives a shit, like there isn't checks being cut on this project
shutup
Closed Thread