Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 05:05 PM
Planar Protector

All these people saying that having a rando show up and win an item over you,when you put x amount of hours in are missing the point I’m trying to make. If that rando worked just as hard as you did to bring that mob down, shouldn’t he have equal rights to loot? Why are we getting complex and factoring in all the raids YOU have done and all the time YOU put that in that really have nothing to do with the CURRENT raid and CURRENT effort provided by the guild force. Imho everyone who killed the mob gets to roll. The /random gods dictated my life from 1-60 why should this change now?

*Blue Server*
Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)
*PQ*
Kelliam Shadowscale (57 Iksar Necromancer)

Old 01-28-2021, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Can't even win a Scout roll, imagine rolling against 100 instead of 20-30.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these people saying that having a rando show up and win an item over you,when you put x amount of hours in are missing the point I’m trying to make. If that rando worked just as hard as you did to bring that mob down, shouldn’t he have equal rights to loot? Why are we getting complex and factoring in all the raids YOU have done and all the time YOU put that in that really have nothing to do with the CURRENT raid and CURRENT effort provided by the guild force. Imho everyone who killed the mob gets to roll. The /random gods dictated my life from 1-60 why should this change now?
But fact of the matter is that they DIDN'T work as hard as everyone else to win loot.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyyoukickmydog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But fact of the matter is that they DIDN'T work as hard as everyone else to win loot.
Fact of the matter is they actually DID! 5ats what’s so hilarious to me.
They brought the mob from 100% to 0%. This is fact. This is logic.
Please, change my mind. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

*Blue Server*
*PQ*

Old 01-28-2021, 05:10 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reznor_ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
QED. You want to random on stuff that takes a combined effort, go fuck off to diablo 3 or WoW. Even when I didn't play as much (thanks Covid) I felt this way. I was a 40% raider and saved up my dkp to buy stuff. The people who put in the effort in (the high attendance folks) deserve the items they buy with their dkp, because it takes work!

Re: the argument about losing a gharns vs losing a t-staff, not even in the same order of magnitude, though I understand the sentiment. Any chucklefuck can get in LCY. Vulak in this meta is a cruel master.
which is why DKP is the "best" system for loot

doing randoms is just a middle finger to dedicated players and loot council is way too

controversial
Old 01-28-2021, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

A combo of DKP and/random is best were u use ur DKP to buy a /random on items with set prices.

Surprised u have not figured that out yet.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:11 PM
Planar Protector

Idk why guilds factor in other raids I guess is what I’m saying.

If you show up and participate and help bring a mob down idk why you can’t roll on that mobs loot. Instead we get inspector gadget and rocket science operator and start factoring in all the raids you’ve ever attended with all the loot you’ve already gotten and it makes no sense to me. Seems overly complex for a game that is sopposed to be fun.

*Blue Server*
*PQ*

Old 01-28-2021, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok, yeah. What I meant is it adds a complexity that is not needed not that the system itself is a complex one.
The complexity isn't needed but the manipulation is. Most folks don't enjoy raiding all that well and won't keep going unless "motivated." You see all the factors I discussed before already on display in this thread and it's still new.
Old 01-28-2021, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

it's meant to transfer pixels that would otherwise go to guild members, to officers
Old 01-28-2021, 05:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Fact of the matter is they actually DID! 5ats what’s so hilarious to me.
They brought the mob from 100% to 0%. This is fact. This is logic.
Please, change my mind. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody is trying to change your mind. Nobody here agrees with your stance, and it's obvious you are new to P99 raiding, so really, you're just trolling for attention.
Closed Thread