Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-16-2023, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not calling you out about china, just showing you an example about how, the virus, which was also from china..

it was simply "not ok" to preface the word virus with China, it was racist, and wrong, and was threatening china.

Threats towards Asian US citizens was the concern I heard, regardless of whether they were Chinese or not

But attacks towards Asians in big cities continued regardless, and let’s just say not by what appeared to be trump supporters…
Old 02-16-2023, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Im not calling you out about china, just showing you an example about how, the virus, which was also from china..

it was simply "not ok" to preface the word virus with China, it was racist, and wrong, and was threatening china.

however, now, the news is like CHINA balloon CHINA spy CHINA CHINA and its funny.

(And it's just an example about how trump was doing fine but we were acting like he was out of control.)

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Let me just try to counterpoint!

1. Afghanistan was a total disaster
2. Iraq 2 was a horrific humanitarian slaughter and like hitler type shit
3. we lost 13 soldiers leaving Afghanastan
4. routinely kill kids with 10 million dollar drones (9 during that evactuation)
5. lost 4 balloons we shot down in our own airspace

I could go on...

We're not the kosics flooding the killbots with our prisoners...

But, when were not filming propaganda, we're pretty fuckn retarted too.
I see what point you’re making but to the average voter I don’t think it applies to them. Yeah people complained a lot about trump in the media. A shit load. But me personally, I didn’t hear many complaints other than on television.

What the media does and how actual people react are two different things completely. Lately I’ve been reading my political stuff from democracy now. Good site imo.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-16-2023, 07:13 PM
Planar Protector

India is going to play both China and America and is predicted to have the 2nd largest economy in the coming decades

They don’t really like us, but they hate Muslims and Chinese. I doubt they help China, they’ll probably try to steal from them like the Chinese do us

It’s very hard to predict but one thing you can’t change, we have two oceans protecting us, food and water everywhere but shit hole California and Arizona, and our neighbors are docile / servile / satrap Canada and work 75 hours a week Mexico

We’re pretty blessed if you look at geopolitics as a Risk board. But yes, we somehow have to stop being pussies, and I don’t know how you fix that
Old 02-16-2023, 07:21 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think the Chinese are that stupid. They are cowards who remember the last time they met a foreign power

They will continue to try to steal our technology and become an economic hegemon. Problem is their population is in decline and they don’t have enough food. Our problem is no one in america realizes how blessed they are and doesn’t like working

/shrug
My concern with China isn’t intelligence but desperation. I’ve read and listened to a lot of different stuff concerning their population decline and other major issues that imply in the next 20-50 years they’ll be in dire straits in quite a few important areas. Not an expert though obviously.
“The fundamental question is, will I be as effective as a boss like my dad was? And I will be, even more so. But until I am, it's going to be hard to verify that I think I'll be more effective.“- Little Carmine
Old 02-16-2023, 07:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would you also apply such a hypothetical program to corporations as well as individuals? I think of the Wal-Mart effect on things like food stamp programs.

I think the problem with overtaxing individuals would be things like... there's already a lot of reticence to engage with public services of any kind in the poorest communities. Seems like raising taxes on the poor would have a wet blanket effect.
Yes, I would apply the same to corporations.

And I thought about crime-ridden neighbors right after I posted. It would be unfair if you lived in a dangerous neighborhood.

While I think everyone should be taxed, I also think there should be tax deductions available for anyone for doing community work. If you clean up a park, you get this amount deducted from your taxes, feed the homeless and get this amount deducted and maybe you could build up escrow where you may work continuous volunteer jobs for the community and may not have to pay taxes for years but the state also doesn't have to spend taxes cleaning up the park or what have you.
Old 02-16-2023, 07:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, I would apply the same to corporations.

And I thought about crime-ridden neighbors right after I posted. It would be unfair if you lived in a dangerous neighborhood.

While I think everyone should be taxed, I also think there should be tax deductions available for anyone for doing community work. If you clean up a park, you get this amount deducted from your taxes, feed the homeless and get this amount deducted and maybe you could build up escrow where you may work continuous volunteer jobs for the community and may not have to pay taxes for years but the state also doesn't have to spend taxes cleaning up the park or what have you.
Haha shit man guarantee people will be shammin like a mother fucker.
Old 02-16-2023, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Our problem is no one in america realizes how blessed they are and doesn’t like working

/shrug
America is like that spoiled rich kid who has everything going for him, and plenty of opportunity - but he has no purpose and just stays home depressed, eating McDonalds.

America has lost its sense of community.
Old 02-16-2023, 07:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skarne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Haha shit man guarantee people will be shammin like a mother fucker.
Probably, yeah.

Never said it was a perfect plan, just an idea.
Old 02-16-2023, 07:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
America is like that spoiled rich kid who has everything going for him, and plenty of opportunity - but he has no purpose and just stays home depressed, eating McDonalds.

America has lost its sense of community purpose.
Old 02-16-2023, 07:39 PM
Banned

Yeah that too, but I also think community as well.
Closed Thread