View Poll Results: Reopen Teal?
Yes 662 72.27%
No 254 27.73%
Voters: 916. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2020, 09:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
New TLP server opens in what 2 days? So we will see how population is then I am sure we will lose some. Which will help.

I decided to make a Wizzy.
Day 1 in FP wasn't anything just solo'd to lvl 5 by myself. Bought some belts got to lvl 8.

Day 2-Started in EC trying to find a group(groups at both orc camps full, and even a list at orc 1, I was like 4th? on list, lots of peeps soloing mages/enc/bards/shamans, even some twink warriors. I ended up just being solo for the total 4 hours play time trying to LFG whole time.) Lvled to 10, got some more belts camped out lvl 11.5

Day 3. Leveled high enough to leave EC, went to WC. Solo'r (lvl 22 druid) at orc, group at derv, plus a group in between farming Kodiak and roamers, and tons of solo druids/bards/enc/mages) Spent whole night LFG while Soloing. Finally last 40 mins found a spot at derv group. Sadly group broke up 40 mins later, I retired for night. Ended lvl 13.5

Day 4. WC was camped, decided on NRO. Came to NRO, group was at dervs, and a solo at other derv camp. Seen a few running around zone killing roamers. Spent about hr/1.5 LFg here while soloing. Got into derv group. Stayed here for rest of night ending at lvl 16. Tank was MR. know it all, rest of group was pleasant but didn't talk hardly at all.

Day 5. Got new spells, and decided Oasis time. Spent all night looking for a group, TONS TONS of groups and solo people here. at least 4 groups from 3s-full groups at beach, plus just 2 many to count solo druids/enc/necros/mages/SKs. Seen groups all over Orc highway as well, 1 at cubby, 1 by lake, 1 by ruins, 1 at camp close to sro. Never once found group. Played 4 hours. Solo'd to 17, after a cpl near deaths(gated to EC tunnel almost dying, stupid wizzy resist).

Day 6(Memorial day) spent about 10-20 mins lfg to find a necro lfg. We duo'd the whole time of 2 hours. He was new to p99 and was fun having someone to actually chat with. When he logged I decided I would as well. Level 18.5! Close to self ports!

This has been my near week adventure of green this week. Will say this was a holiday week, so I am sure more were on? Overall finding groups sucks, at least im a twink and can solo stuff better then most. But spending 70% of time LFG tag on and spamming OOc, and even Messaging solors for a group/duo. Gets old..
That sounds like a rough Wizard's solo guide...
Old 05-26-2020, 09:48 AM
Fire Giant

lol nah was just showing my experience of finding groups. Counter point that is WC/EC/NRO/Oasis which are popular spots. So next session plan on going to something like gordge/runeye/ek to see what its like there.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-26-2020, 11:11 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lol nah was just showing my experience of finding groups. Counter point that is WC/EC/NRO/Oasis which are popular spots. So next session plan on going to something like gordge/runeye/ek to see what its like there.
Should also caveat that most people don’t want Wizards because most people don’t know how to maximize their Wizard play style in a group and even then they don’t bring that much benefit so you’ll often either get told no thanks even if there is a spot open or get jumped in the list when the group needs better DPS (I’m not saying that’s fair).
Old 05-26-2020, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

This is Nilbog's & Rogean's server.

This isn't a democracy.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-26-2020, 12:11 PM
Fire Giant

@cd288, I am clearly running around on a twink wizzy with MS in offhand. (Have only actually used it when I tip for regen) Not hard to maximize dps as a huge twink. With crack at this level can nearly spam my highest DD.(which i proved that in my nro derv group)

@Baler what you say is correct and don't think anyone here is denying that fact. But the forum is here for people to vent their suggestions, which is just a small hope..But will say how many cried on forums for soulfire nerf.. and wow we got it nerf'd.. Admins clearly still listen to the people. Just don't have to act on it.
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-26-2020, 12:16 PM
Banned

Tell us more about your north ro derv group LOL
Old 05-26-2020, 01:08 PM
Fire Giant

Bigsham forum questing must be a huge fun part of your life, more so since red is dead[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Which won't lie at least brings me entertainment.

But since you asked. ^-^
Bard, Druid, Pally, Enc, Shmmy, Me(Wizzy). Finally got in the group for derv camp roughly 2pm. Pally would pull, sometimes with lull. Then enc and druid would send in pets(druid had puma, enc had scarab). Then me and shmmy did what we did best hit it with fire/thunder/ice. Druid would snare during fight, and heal the tank. Also in meantime bard would run around pulling extra trash from zone to us. Then we'd loot mob, and sit in quiet hoping to tell our story to Bigsham bc its what matters in life, if only red server mattered in life[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 05-26-2020, 01:33 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
@cd288, I am clearly running around on a twink wizzy with MS in offhand. (Have only actually used it when I tip for regen) Not hard to maximize dps as a huge twink. With crack at this level can nearly spam my highest DD.(which i proved that in my nro derv group)

@Baler what you say is correct and don't think anyone here is denying that fact. But the forum is here for people to vent their suggestions, which is just a small hope..But will say how many cried on forums for soulfire nerf.. and wow we got it nerf'd.. Admins clearly still listen to the people. Just don't have to act on it.
True, but then the healer has to constantly use mana to heal you? Groups I've been in pre-Clarity level when someone has an MS don't have significantly decreased downtime in my experience. You burn like two mobs down quick, but the caster is now nearly dead from MS and needs to be healed to full again. Ultimately it tends to at best balance out in terms of EXP per hour because the healer needs more downtime due to constantly healing the MS user.
Old 05-26-2020, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
You're incorrect, that was a decision made by the current P99 "Management".
They also changed some clickies, Did you and others vent that suggestion on the forums aswell?

The only part I agree on is they do listen, through a filtered medium. "Management" is a newer keyword on P99 that I seem to only be privy to publicly thus far. I imagine if a raid guild leader wanted to chime in they could tell you some real fun information. At the risk of losing threads.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 05-26-2020 at 01:44 PM..
Old 05-26-2020, 02:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castle2.0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Everyone is "working" from home and the server pop is rising. Manastone list is now 1 week. Camps are filling up.

When you got people sitting on a list to get into an exp group for 5+ hours... we've reached peak pop.

POLL: Reopen Teal: Yes or No
A guy named Manastone, with a Manastone avatar, and a "WTS Manastone" message in his signature block is asking to open another server so he can farm a Manastone.

Interesting argument...