Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2013, 08:37 AM
Planar Protector

What you're saying is that its cool to tether to get around the 2-boxing rule until an IP exemption is granted.

From that, you're risking both accounts...all because you can't wait, and again, where's 4 weeks being pulled from?

Quote:
Are you saying that two people that play under the same roof, under two seperate accounts, with two seperate computers is a banable offense without an IP exemption?
I'd say if you get caught displaying certain signs of boxing you'll be banned. I don't get why you're arguing this, just be an honorable player and wait for an exemption like everyone else... have you even put one in?
Old 04-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Large Rat

I personally waited 3 weeks after multiple attempts to get a clean copy of Titanium, than another two weeks for an IP exemption before giving up and buying a franklyn hot spot router. (I did tell them i was doing this so they could close my ticket) My ticket was closed without comment. I am so far out in the boonies i was going to probably have to purchase the franklyn anyway. I don’t think my phone tethered to my computer sharing network connectivity with another computer with the max speed of about 56k, was going to work very well.

I don’t think it’s cool to tether for the purpose of two boxing, I think it’s cool to tether so you and your wife can enjoy Classic Everquest together without bothering the already busy volunteer GM's. WIth that said I will mention to anyone who wants to tether, to still petion and let them know what you are doing, so you are on record.

I read somewhere in this thread that it has taken up to 4 weeks, when i have a couple spare hours i will be sure to find it.
Last edited by Mxsilverhammer; 04-23-2013 at 03:57 PM..
Old 04-23-2013, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxsilverhammer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I personally waited 3 weeks after multiple attempts to get a clean copy of Titanium
Magnum PI would suggest you say "we waited 3 weeks..."

Still trying to figure out what you're trying to get across in any case... that boxing should be unbanned? That you're proud you've found a way around the system and don't mind sharing it? I'm sure the GMs wouldn't have minded 1 extra IP exemption to process in any case if you'd had the patience to wait.

Playing with 2 computers on P99 must have meant a lot to you anyway to buy an extra method of accessing the internet, but if you paid for Titanium on top of that you probably paid too much [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

If you do happen to look, try to steer clear of 2011 threads - all kinds of crazy waiting periods under Amelinda but she didn't have many others around to help her process them.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:15 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
just be an honorable player and wait for an exemption like everyone else.
Some people don't need exemptions, I know more than a few people who don't pay for internet at home and simply use their phones as wifi hotspots. Wouldn't those players requesting exemptions be unnecessary and for that matter only open it up to be abused?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:26 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Playing with 2 computers on P99 must have meant a lot to you anyway to buy an extra method of accessing the internet, but if you paid for Titanium on top of that you probably paid too much
Yes it does mean a lot
Yes I paid too much (worth it)
Yes I lack patience
No I am not on my high horse for suggesting tethering (just trying to help)
No I don't 2 box
No I don't think the 2 boxing rule should be lifted.
I apologies for bringing it up.

Corpemen
17 Cleric
Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

another fucking stupid thread. if you wanna box play any other emu server. or goto red.. nobody gives a fuck about red.
Old 04-23-2013, 05:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by odiecat99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
another fucking stupid thread. if you wanna box play any other emu server. or goto red.. nobody gives a fuck about red.
You are posting in a 2 year old sticky.......lol
Old 04-23-2013, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

you are too...
Old 05-04-2013, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

I think the 2 boxing rule should be lifted.

and yes posting in a 2 year old thread

i want to box 2 wars named

Offtank and Maintank

and offtank will be the MT and Maintank will be the OT

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 05-04-2013, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

i want to box 2 wars named

Offtank and Maintank

and offtank will be the MT and Maintank will be the OT
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]