Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2022, 10:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botten [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Right, lets separate the family and send them back without their kids and later we can send their kids to find and stuff!

That will teach them!!!
No instead they can join the homeless on the streets, adding more trash, pollution, and congestion, probably get addicted to drugs because they can’t make a living in a foreign place that they can’t speak the language and have no marketable skills

Oh and in the process collapse social services for everyone else under the increased burden

That will teach everyone the value of altruism
Old 12-15-2022, 10:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No instead they can join the homeless on the streets, adding more trash, pollution, and congestion, probably get addicted to drugs because they can’t make a living in a foreign place that they can’t speak the language and have no marketable skills

Oh and in the process collapse social services for everyone else under the increased burden

That will teach everyone the value of altruism
Either you let them in free or run the world's most expensive adult daycare.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Either you let them in free or run the world's most expensive adult daycare.
It’s both. We either care for them in a immigration center still nicer than their shithole of a home country or else our food banks and homeless shelters and social services cares for them in whatever shanty they end up in

Same outcome, different methods
Old 12-15-2022, 10:25 PM
Planar Protector

Reddit won't like it, but maybe it's time for private sector immigrant holding facilities.

(I assume the problem will solve itself by invoking the private sector [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 12-15-2022, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s both. We either care for them in a immigration center still nicer than their shithole of a home country or else our food banks and homeless shelters and social services cares for them in whatever shanty they end up in

Same outcome, different methods
I do think the latter is cheaper somehow. Maybe because churches.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiwa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do think the latter is cheaper somehow. Maybe because churches.
We’ll see. In one of the articles Biden is asking for $4 billion to send for support for border cities

Infrastructure will buckle. Same as hospitals did under the covid press
Old 12-15-2022, 10:34 PM
Banned

It’s funny we had a police request today for the biggest homeless tent I have seen in a while built around a tree, right in the parking lot of a outpatient medical building

The request was some homeless might be in need of shelter support. There are no shelters other than our homeless skid row which isn’t a shelter just miles of tents but it has a queue for church shelters that fills in the morning. No one ever wants to go there

The full story we got was that the medical office building is tired of the burgeoning homeless encampment on their property, but the cop pushed the buck onto us and left. We didn’t even bother to approach the tent and just left since the cops had already left

Looks like the medical staff get fucked lol. My co-worker said they shoulda known having their office in that part of town
Old 12-15-2022, 11:02 PM
Banned

Another thing is that people don’t realize how crafty someone who’s scrapping to get by can be

Due to there being no shelters, homeless have figured out they can call the Domestic Violence hotline and just lie about being in a DV relationship. It’s not like the person on the phone OR the staff at DV shelters say “your boyfriend beats you? Show me your bruises then”. They just take people’s word for it. They might not even have a boyfriend

This means that the domestic violence shelters have been perma-full for months. People might not realize it, but you can actually call the DV hotline and say “my bf beats me to within an inch of my life and has threatened to kill me, I need a safe place to hide, I have no friend/family supports” and the DV hotline staff will have to answer as nicely as they can, basically, “sorry but we have no shelter availability. Try not to die”
Old 12-15-2022, 11:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact that you have avoided answering these simple questions four times is very odd. You're outright deflecting and it shows.

How old is the Earth? Where do you draw the line?
How am I deflecting?

The topic you brought up is Dinosaurs. You're the one that keeps deflecting and changing the subject.

Stick to the topic YOU brought up. Dinosaurs. I'm starting to get bored with your clumsy attempt at playing gotcha.
Old 12-15-2022, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Another thing is that people don’t realize how crafty someone who’s scrapping to get by can be

Due to there being no shelters, homeless have figured out they can call the Domestic Violence hotline and just lie about being in a DV relationship. It’s not like the person on the phone OR the staff at DV shelters say “your boyfriend beats you? Show me your bruises then”. They just take people’s word for it. They might not even have a boyfriend

This means that the domestic violence shelters have been perma-full for months. People might not realize it, but you can actually call the DV hotline and say “my bf beats me to within an inch of my life and has threatened to kill me, I need a safe place to hide, I have no friend/family supports” and the DV hotline staff will have to answer as nicely as they can, basically, “sorry but we have no shelter availability. Try not to die”
Pretty horrible the richest country in the world is held back by one party that keeps the rich richer and the poor starving and uneducated.

You could argue that helping the poor unmotivates them to get educated, work or better themselves but the same can be said about keeping them poor giving them less of a chance to dig themselves out since social programs and safety nets are cut; to help the rich get a tax break.

And 70% tax rate on the rich doesn’t unmotivate them to try to get more money. Everyone wants more money.

And statics already show trickle down is BS
Closed Thread