Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 06:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by toolshed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Made a druid since I am going to be focusing on PvP. Lvl 10 Tauren "Oryn" if anyone wants to group/pvp.

What guilds are you guys joining/forming?
good god you are going to regret your decision
Old 03-14-2015, 12:10 AM
Fire Giant

I dont understand people trying to import their min max class attitudes from everquest to wow. Who cares if hybrid are not the best at whatever your perceived power class is.

In Wow you do not need a group to do things. In wow you do not need a hardcore raid guild to succeed.

you can solo to 60 within 1 month or two if your dedicated.

if a person is having fun playing whatever class they are playing, what does it matter if it may not be the best at whatever that player wants to do.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 03-14-2015 at 12:18 AM..
Old 03-14-2015, 01:19 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buellen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont understand people trying to import their min max class attitudes from everquest to wow. Who cares if hybrid are not the best at whatever your perceived power class is.

In Wow you do not need a group to do things. In wow you do not need a hardcore raid guild to succeed.

you can solo to 60 within 1 month or two if your dedicated.

if a person is having fun playing whatever class they are playing, what does it matter if it may not be the best at whatever that player wants to do.
in vanilla wow you pretty much definitely do need those things. it is one of the biggest things that attracts people back to vanilla - you need other people to succeed in the game. leveling is an experience sure but you shouldn't ever take how easy or hard leveling is into consideration when asking what class to play. it becomes wholly irrelevant once you hit 60.

a geared level 60 boomkins dots tick for baby damage, and they oom way way way faster than other casters without consumables that even then will only let them dps for maybe a minute straight on boss fights, slightly more if they selfishly use innervate. they have no real reliable way to gain back mana.

a feral will nearly oom after powershifting a few roots/snares and just dont do good damage. my friend, a hunter, has been saying how ferals are so annoying to kill but pose no threat to actually killing him

unless buddy really likes resto he is simply not going to have a good time and will def get class envy

you'll be able to kill bad players but a majority of it is going to be reliant on engineering to carry you and a decent player will still be able to beat you most of the time. the only reason i believe the token feral in my guild will be able to succeed fairly well is because the guy's a multi-glad on retail wow as feral.

on top of all that, good luck actually getting gear to succeed as anything other than resto. raid guilds that want to get things done will probably have one token feral druid for leader of the pack. even then, it's "will this assisted dps from the 3% crit in one melee heavy group actually end up being more dps than just bringing another good dps class?" pvp gear is equivalent to molten core gear, and that's after the grind it's going to take to actually get the rank required to buy the full set. after BWL is out, if you want to have the best gear in pvp you must raid. you will most definitely be getting the scraps that other ppl dont want when you begin building a feral set. i could never justify giving what would be an upgrade for a rogue in a raid to a feral druid.

in comparison to a dps druid, pretty much every other dps is a "power class"

like, i drop druids easily in wpvp and my spec right now http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bV0hZf0xZxMhb is a janky as fuck pre-shadowform leveling / dungeon healing spec
Old 03-14-2015, 01:45 AM
Planar Protector

Breeziyo is right. Classes like paladins and druids really got pigeon holed into healing in classic. This is a much different experience from how live is currently.

When WoW went live first thing I rolled was a paladin because I wanted Verigan's fist and heals for leveling. When I hit 60 every guild took maybe one ret paladin to a raid. That was it. And unless they were friends with guild leadership, their gear usually went to the primary DPS classes like hunters/rogues/warriors.

Classic WoW had some serious flaws like really awful talent trees, etc. But those imperfections were part of what made the game awesome. It was still fun to world PVP with ret paladins and survival hunters. Initially this game wasn't designed around making every classes talent tree a viable and suitable raiding tree.

Most of my friends that have checked the server out love it but constantly bitch about not being able to faceroll every quest or just instantly have the objectives marked on their map. Live has made people lazy as fuck. Gonna be a lot of dissapointed people at 60 when they realize guilds that want to progress aren't accepting boomkins and ret paladins to raids.

Now that I think about it, most of the people that ended up just PVPing were the ones who didn't want to constantly respec out of the talent tree they liked playing every week just to raid.
Old 03-14-2015, 02:46 AM
Fire Giant

Ok breeziyo and door I bow to your experience on the druid in vanilla wow.

I played Hunter / warlock during this time. Survival and Demonology talent builds. Yep not "ideal" but i still raided throughout vanilla with my guild/guilds having fun time throughout.

I never was very good at PVP but still enjoyed the battle ground etc.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Last edited by Buellen; 03-14-2015 at 11:39 AM..
Old 03-14-2015, 02:49 AM
Banned

Does p99 have a horde guild..?
Old 03-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
in vanilla wow you pretty much definitely do need those things. it is one of the biggest things that attracts people back to vanilla - you need other people to succeed in the game. leveling is an experience sure but you shouldn't ever take how easy or hard leveling is into consideration when asking what class to play. it becomes wholly irrelevant once you hit 60.

a geared level 60 boomkins dots tick for baby damage, and they oom way way way faster than other casters without consumables that even then will only let them dps for maybe a minute straight on boss fights, slightly more if they selfishly use innervate. they have no real reliable way to gain back mana.

a feral will nearly oom after powershifting a few roots/snares and just dont do good damage. my friend, a hunter, has been saying how ferals are so annoying to kill but pose no threat to actually killing him

unless buddy really likes resto he is simply not going to have a good time and will def get class envy

you'll be able to kill bad players but a majority of it is going to be reliant on engineering to carry you and a decent player will still be able to beat you most of the time. the only reason i believe the token feral in my guild will be able to succeed fairly well is because the guy's a multi-glad on retail wow as feral.

on top of all that, good luck actually getting gear to succeed as anything other than resto. raid guilds that want to get things done will probably have one token feral druid for leader of the pack. even then, it's "will this assisted dps from the 3% crit in one melee heavy group actually end up being more dps than just bringing another good dps class?" pvp gear is equivalent to molten core gear, and that's after the grind it's going to take to actually get the rank required to buy the full set. after BWL is out, if you want to have the best gear in pvp you must raid. you will most definitely be getting the scraps that other ppl dont want when you begin building a feral set. i could never justify giving what would be an upgrade for a rogue in a raid to a feral druid.

in comparison to a dps druid, pretty much every other dps is a "power class"

like, i drop druids easily in wpvp and my spec right now http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#bV0hZf0xZxMhb is a janky as fuck pre-shadowform leveling / dungeon healing spec
O mighty vanilla sage, pray tell what is best pvp class for nostalrius? How does warlock vs Mage stack up? And rogues?
Old 03-15-2015, 04:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by jturkydurk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
O mighty vanilla sage, pray tell what is best pvp class for nostalrius? How does warlock vs Mage stack up? And rogues?
I'm not experienced enough to know how they stack up versus eachother in actual situations. I can make a pretty good guess that Mage and Rogue are likely to be stronger than Warlock because while all three are capable of strong CC and damage, Warlocks suffer in terms of mobility via their long casts (talented shadow bolt is 2.5s if I'm remembering correctly) and lack of short cooldown instant abilities that help peel people off of them. Warlocks have been pretty infamous for running SM/Ruin or pet sac succ/Ruin and shadowbolt critting people for most of their health, though. As an Alliance Warlock you're also more apt to struggle because of the addition of Shamans' Tremor totem and WotF. When you're a Horde Warlock all you need to take into consideration are warriors and fear ward if a Dwarf Priest is around.

But yeah like I said I haven't played at max long enough to have a solid grip on what the best of the best class/specs are yet. I just have a pretty good guess. If you have a solid healer I'd say Warrior may be your best bet. You're fairly anti-Warlock and most definitely anti-Rogue, and if your healer has good positioning in PvP there's a good chance you will get dispelled frequently on snares/roots that Mages can throw at you. It's just really annoying to be that healer when you think what you're peeking around is LoS and then you eat a poly that doesn't break for 20+ seconds because of inconsistent LoS in objects around the world. Ofc there are other classes to think about but I figured I'd elaborate at least on the ones you mentioned.

With no healer I'd probably recommend Mage or Rogue. Rogues can dictate which fights they want to engage in + they have some decent safety nets even in Vanilla, and Mages are pretty much always going to be a good pick.
Last edited by Breeziyo; 03-15-2015 at 04:19 AM..
Old 03-15-2015, 04:33 AM
Fire Giant

I'm on alliance as Dumathoin. LF a P99 guild Alliance side if there is one.
Old 03-16-2015, 12:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by katrik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Does p99 have a horde guild..?
i thought you were rolling a gnome mage, sweetheart

did you just want to recognize who we are as we pound it in?
Closed Thread