Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-30-2023, 04:44 PM
Sarnak

dsm do you actually go through the entire post history of every single person who engages with you to catalogue their, by your extensive definition, "troll posts" [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-30-2023, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dsm do you actually go through the entire post history of every single person who engages with you to catalogue their, by your extensive definition, "troll posts"
The examples I gave in my previous post were from this thread. You don't need to look further for those posters.

My definition of trolling is just the basic definition of trolling. It is not custom or "extensive". Are you suggesting any of the quotes from my previous post https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...&postcount=310 are not troll posts?
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-30-2023 at 05:20 PM..
Old 11-30-2023, 04:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Clinging is however currently the same aggro as a shadow vortex or shroud of hate. (edit: Oh you mentioned stat taps. I've tested it. You get full aggro for "didn't take hold" and "immune to changes in runspeed" too.)

It's too bad about DC. There are patch notes (after our era) about slow first getting moved to disease, then slow having too much aggro and that aggro getting fixed. I assume that's where DC's aggro should be nerfed, and that it's a bug that it's nerfed on p99.
I'm basing this only on my own experience trying to rip aggro with ensnare in slot one using a GCD compared to flame lick. Often for general running around I'll have snare up and not flame lick. In one instance it took like 8 snares to peel a HoT mini on to my ranger once the warrior dropped.

I havent done much grouping with my SK on p99. On live Clinging was my workhorse and seemed to be ok. It's technically just not nearly the hit that an AC debuff is like Shadow Vortex. Even for a warrior that uses proc weapons limited to the "max threshold" the snare whip proc is rather low compared to say a Frostbringer. This is likely a case for people to just gauge as they go, I really doubt most sks can keep aggro primarily using Clinging off a geared rogue at 60. Good to have a few big spell taunts on the bar just incase you need them.

Snare/root component is pretty low aggro, the damage is basically threat if it lands. For some reason ac/attk taps or debuffs, slows, blinds, poison counters, if cast all get you to a pretty high level of hate. Formerly disease counters too. It's also why spells like druid swarm or necro/sk blood dots are low threat...they are basically the darkness line w/o the snare component.
Last edited by Snaggles; 11-30-2023 at 04:54 PM..
Old 11-30-2023, 04:56 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm basing this only on my own experience trying to rip aggro with ensnare in slot one using a GCD compared to flame lick. Often for general running around I'll have snare up and not flame lick. In one instance it took like 8 snares to peel a HoT mini on to my ranger once the warrior dropped.

I havent done much grouping with my SK on p99. On live Clinging was my workhorse and seemed to be ok. It's technically just not nearly the hit that an AC debuff is like Shadow Vortex. Even for a warrior that uses proc weapons limited to the "max threshold" the snare whip proc is rather low compared to say a Frostbringer. This is likely a case for people to just gauge as they go, I really doubt most sks can keep aggro primarily using Clinging off a geared rogue at 60. Good to have a few big spell taunts on the bar just incase you need them.
Yeah I typically have Clinging, Shroud of Hate, and Shadow Vortex on bar so I have enough spells when needed. Clinging costs less, so it's good to use if you just barely lost agro due to white damage. Shroud of pain can be put on bar too, but it costs more mana than all the other spells, so I only do that if I really need to.
Old 11-30-2023, 06:42 PM
Sarnak

Snare (clinging)/stun/ac debuff/atk debuff/slow/root are all 100% equal aggro to eachother on the current patch.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:46 PM
Planar Protector

root aint equal all you gotta do is stand the closest

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:10 PM
Sarnak

Nope. Equal on this patch.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nope. Equal on this patch.
Being the closest player to a rooted mob means said rooted mob will always attack you, regardless of where you are on the agro list. That's what he is referring to.
Old 11-30-2023, 11:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Being the closest player to a rooted mob means said rooted mob will always attack you, regardless of where you are on the agro list. That's what he is referring to.
Oh yeah it does that too.
Old 12-01-2023, 12:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Snare (clinging)/stun/ac debuff/atk debuff/slow/root are all 100% equal aggro to eachother on the current patch.
I'll try it but expect its garbage aggro. Or any sk can give it a crack, if so Clinging is the new DC and shadow vortex doesnt give ya anything but a bit of AC on a short timer.