Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 11-30-2023, 02:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of course! Snaggles can use his MacroTaunt too. I am not trying to force people into a single strategy. I am explaining the options, and letting the reader decide which one they want to use. Information is power. Let people know all the details of taunt and how it can be used. There is no harm in that.
Agreed absolutely! Everyone should play how they want to play. If you like Clicking The Button, Click The Button, it'll be fine. But it's important for people to know that if they want to minimize the chances of aggro flipping where a single taunt fails to flip it back, the optimal approach is to use taunt strategically, and not spam it. Information is power.
Old 11-30-2023, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed absolutely! Everyone should play how they want to play. If you like Clicking The Button, Click The Button, it'll be fine.
Yes, play how you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbrown [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But it's important for people to know that if they want to minimize the chances of aggro flipping where a single taunt fails to flip it back, the optimal approach is to use taunt strategically, and not spam it. Information is power.
If your first strategic taunt fails and you are still in melee range, you will be spamming the taunt button to get it off cooldown as fast as possible for a second attempt. Another reason why spamming taunt is something people need to know about. It also works with strategic taunting!
Old 11-30-2023, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

I think we can wrap this thread up. Good work everyone!
Old 11-30-2023, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

can anyone else tell DSM is unemployed? cause lol
Old 11-30-2023, 03:17 PM
Planar Protector

i never once taunted on my paladin

hope this helps
Old 11-30-2023, 03:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i never once taunted on my paladin

hope this helps
Like said it's nice to throw in when someone dies and ya picking the mob up, you are already going to be spamming to catch up, the prayer of +1 is worth the shot to save time and flip it to you. Otherwise no it's not needed. Knights don't lose aggro If they have it established. DSM just gonna DSM I feel bad for kittens.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripqozko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Like said it's nice to throw in when someone dies and ya picking the mob up, you are already going to be spamming to catch up, the prayer of +1 is worth the shot to save time and flip it to you. Otherwise no it's not needed. Knights don't lose aggro If they have it established. DSM just gonna DSM I feel bad for kittens.
There is no "DSM just gonna DSM". I simply pointed out that someone like Toxigen or Snaggles who never uses taunt would get more value from it if they put it on a macro they are already spamming. Something is better than nothing is pretty simple logic. For some reason people went crazy at the idea.

It is "trolls just gonna troll", since these threads always attract the same posters who troll. Including yourself.

Old 11-30-2023, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is no "DSM just gonna DSM". I simply pointed out that someone like Toxigen or Snaggles who never uses taunt would get more value from it if they put it on a macro they are already spamming. Something is better than nothing is pretty simple logic
What proof do you have they are spamming something else already? Knights don’t need to spam anything, nor does anyone. What you’re doing is suggesting knights consider spamming which now forces them to do potentially more APM for a suboptimal taunt vs less apm and a more optimal taunt. It’s nonsensical.

I’m sorry you lost this debate a lot time ago, but please stop with just calling people trolls who don’t see things the way you do, it’s not helping your case any.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I think we can wrap this thread up. Good work everyone!
Well done! Always fun to see him squirm when he’s realized he’s outmatched.
Old 11-30-2023, 03:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What proof do you have they are spamming something else already? Knights don’t need to spam anything, nor does anyone. What you’re doing is suggesting knights consider spamming which now forces them to do potentially more APM for a suboptimal taunt vs less apm and a more optimal taunt. It’s nonsensical.
If you have Slam as a troll/ogre, you might as well spam it for a bit of extra DPS. Or Bash with a shield/epic if you are a small race. I never claimed that every Knight is doing that. I am not sure why you think that is a valid point. Some people do spam macros, you have no evidence to suggest that zero players do it. The benefit to spamming a skill is you use it as fast as possible, with minimum time between cooldowns. For me it also takes less effort and brainpower, so I don't mind. It's fine if you don't like to do it, everybody is different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well done! Always fun to see him squirm when he’s realized he’s outmatched.
I am not sure why you think I am squirming. I have consistently rebutted all of the claims that spamming taunt is never useful. Conversely, you haven't disproven anything I have said. You have no evidence to suggest spamming taunt is worse than never using taunt, for example.

Quote:
I’m sorry you lost this debate a lot time ago, but please stop with just calling people trolls who don’t see things the way you do, it’s not helping your case any.
I don't call people trolls because they disagree with me. You can't even find evidence that I have done this. I call people trolls when they troll. Do you disagree that these people are acting like trolls? That is the only way you can claim my accusations of troll have no merit. But if you try to make that claim, it is pretty obvious you are being disingenuous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloomlord [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're the only one I'm "harassing", you manipulative sociopath.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guesty07 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wahhhh everybody is a troll except me wahhhhhh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
DSM can only wish he was Sgt Seymour Skinner.
DSM Despises Skinner Memes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infectious [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So just spam it and assume it doesn't work. Got it. Thanks for the 20+ pages. DSM wins again folks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
look at this dude, just unhinged on his 18th page, lawl
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 11-30-2023 at 04:01 PM..