Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 03-03-2015, 04:53 PM
Large Bat

Gf no longer using chromecast in the same room as my computer with wireless connection. All is good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Sarnak

I'll throw my hat into the ring.

The problems discussed extensively in this thread are completely killing my ability to play this game now. Every night is a battle to log in. And then when I do get to log in, whenever I zone or camp to character select screen I have a non-negligible chance of crashing, at which point I must resume the battle of trying to log in.

This has been happening for a few weeks now.

Tonight I logged in after 15 minutes fighting with the blank server select problem. Once I logged in the first thing I did was port out, but I crashd zoning. Now I've spent the last 30 minutes trying to log in again.
[Sun Jan 31 21:43:23 2016] Kerafyrm was hit by non-melee for 94 points of damage.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:05 AM
Sarnak

This is happening a lot to me as well the last couple of weeks. Thought it was just me.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:27 AM
Large Bat

I will say that rebooting my computer nightly, or whenever this error happens to occur, greatly reduces the amount of crashing that I have been receiving. I'm not sure if this helps any of you, but a guild mate suggested it, and I'm terrible when it comes to shutting down my computer since I am on a laptop, but I've tried it and it helps me immensely.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Hi while trying to play P99 the game Freezes Up after I pick my character and try to log in about 50% or more of the time.

It does the same thing ever time I zone.

However I tried playing on SoD and it never happens there. What could be causing it here but not there?

Oh and last night I tried the chinese server on EQEmulator and had no problem there as well.

I have internet that travels over a radio antenna. So my only guess is that P99 is pickier on how data is transferred over the internet. May be there is more data needing to be transferred so it needs a stronger connection for a longer time?

I am guessing but I would love to find a fix because I would love to play here. However at this point in time its not looking like I will be.

I just know the other servers I have tried out I don't have this problem with.

I have tried:
turning all my settings off and to 0.
WinEQ
Running on one Core
New game installs
New Patch installs
Run as Administrator
Run in XP
Run in Win7
Updated Drivers

I have 4 desktops and one laptop in my house and I have the same problem on all of them with P99 but not with some of the other servers I have tried out. So this has to be something to do with my internet and the P99 server.

I would be grateful for any and all help.
Old 03-08-2015, 09:14 PM
Banned

Having this problem on my laptop

please fix
Old 03-09-2015, 12:46 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonden_Ockay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hi while trying to play P99 the game Freezes Up after I pick my character and try to log in about 50% or more of the time.

It does the same thing ever time I zone.

However I tried playing on SoD and it never happens there. What could be causing it here but not there?

Oh and last night I tried the chinese server on EQEmulator and had no problem there as well.

I have internet that travels over a radio antenna. So my only guess is that P99 is pickier on how data is transferred over the internet. May be there is more data needing to be transferred so it needs a stronger connection for a longer time?

I am guessing but I would love to find a fix because I would love to play here. However at this point in time its not looking like I will be.

I just know the other servers I have tried out I don't have this problem with.

I have tried:
turning all my settings off and to 0.
WinEQ
Running on one Core
New game installs
New Patch installs
Run as Administrator
Run in XP
Run in Win7
Updated Drivers

I have 4 desktops and one laptop in my house and I have the same problem on all of them with P99 but not with some of the other servers I have tried out. So this has to be something to do with my internet and the P99 server.

I would be grateful for any and all help.
This. Exactly this.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Large Bat

I'm sick of the mods talking about cracking down on RMT but yet they won't take the time to even address this issue. I seriously have been having the worst luck with this shit tonight. I'm trying to do parts of my epic quest and sure enough the client freezes EVERY TIME I try porting. Now when I try to log back in my server select screen is empty. Once I finally get to the screen (after, I dunno, maybe like 20-30 tries), I try to log in and it tells me my spell files are out of date.

When is this shit going to become a big enough problem for you mods to start doing something about it? Has a mod even addressed this issue at all? Is anyone looking for a fix? I am clearly not alone here and I don't give a shit if 90% of the servers population was participating in RMT because as of now it's unplayable anyhow. This is a joke. When I started on this server I had never had this issue, now I am getting fed up very quickly with how things are.
Last edited by ALLCAPS; 03-09-2015 at 09:25 PM..
Old 03-09-2015, 11:37 PM
Kobold

The mods have addressed this issue. A year or so ago I worked (through petition forum) to identify the issue. We traced it to a low quality ISP and packet loss. So the issue was put on the ISP. I shared such "results"

I have tried to do posts here and there to explain everything but few actually dig through a 30 page thread. But i will do a summary, yet again:

Mine started a long time ago. I have a Sat connection. Once the server changed data centers, I started having issues. The same issues you guys are having, I had. It will evolve into PERMANENT characters being unable to load and zone. The packetloss led us to believe the ISP was the issue. Which is true the packet loss is the cause. However everyone seemed to stop there and not finish the root cause. My issues started after the data center moved. I totally believe the data center is dumping poor connections, and/or the game/ui/software is rejecting inferior connections. I believe the ISP is only the trigger to a deeper issue. I do not have access to server/datacenter, etc. I personally cannot test these theories. Those who can could, and may have but no comment has been made officially.

You can ping and tracert all you want too and show good connection, you will still get cut off. Im not an IT guy or anything of the sorts. Ive just been around computers since apple 2e's. Just my 2cp.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:39 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Ditto on the issues.

I logged in with no issues last night around 5:30 pm EST. After a bit I crashed on zoning. Had trouble getting to a populated screen but eventually did. Played some more then another freeze on zoning. After that, if I could get to the server select, it was blank. It was a progressive failure which, to me, screams server side problems.

IIRC, EQ had serious connection problems at one point. They kept telling people it was their connection. One day, they released a patch and all these issues went away.