Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 05:43 AM
Sarnak

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqdruid76 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Supoose I draw a pitture of Spiderman having anal intercourse with Optimus Prime. Is it wrong, then?
Legally? no you havent done anything wrong...

Morally? im inclined to say: yes, you are one sick puppy

that being said. different strokes for different blokes.

i was always more of a starscream fan
Old 08-18-2010, 09:07 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yea how the hell does a company sue its parent company... haha
You forget - it's Apple.

Any company that DEMANDS you use AT&T with their phone isn't playing with a full deck!
Old 08-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Banned

That person better leave the U.S. if they cant get the appeal to lower the amount they owe... Shit if you made $3M illegaly of a game WTF are u still doing on soil where they can take you to court? Buy an offshire oil rig and continue your servers via satellite connection in international waters like the gambling companies do [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You can owe $88M forever if you're not in the country for them to collect lol
Old 08-18-2010, 09:24 AM
Sarnak

Well, "Blizzard" is just another division of another mega-corporation now.

Kinda makes me lean towards Sony again, something I just thought I'd never do.
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned

Although i think corporate greed is what is driving games down the shitter these days, the people running the server behaved like idiots. They took someone elses work, a mega-greedy corporation's work no less, and re-packaged it and tried to make money off it.

It would be a stupid move to try to do this even with a relatively small company. Im not rooting for blizzard, its more like wtf do you think was gonna happen. Im guessing they gambled that blizzard wouldnt bother, now they get to be the example.

As for p99, as explained, doing this to a private server crew that doesnt try to make money off the game would backfire badly IMO, the money wouldnt be worth the bad press they would be getting from it. Never underestimate corporate greed though, although i hope nothing bad happens to p99.

Edit: Im french and sometimes my fingers type faster than my brain thinks hah, so what i actually think is that they are not in it for the money, but as an example so other people dont get funny ideas about making money off some of their games. Money is always welcome, but IMO not the main reason why they are doing it.
Last edited by Taxi; 08-18-2010 at 12:40 PM..
Old 08-18-2010, 11:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, "Blizzard" is just another division of another mega-corporation now.

Kinda makes me lean towards Sony again, something I just thought I'd never do.
Sony is just as bad in this respect. They sued someone for tens of thousands of dollars for downloading a song on the internet (If I find the story I'll post it, it's kind of old and not that uncommon anyway).
Lardna Minch, 18 Warrior

Project 1999 (PvP):
[50 (sometimes 49) Bard] Wolfram Alpha (Half Elf) ZONE: oasis
Old 08-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Sarnak

Now I wish Games Workshop would sue the pants off of Blizzard.
Old 08-18-2010, 12:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazortag [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sony is just as bad in this respect. They sued someone for tens of thousands of dollars for downloading a song on the internet (If I find the story I'll post it, it's kind of old and not that uncommon anyway).
Well, that's true... all the media companies are getting bad about it. Although I do understand the concept of getting paid for your works.

But part of the issue is that they want to make it look like it's money they would have otherwise got.

Just because I'm playing on P99 doesn't impact my desire to play on EQLive. I have an EQ2 sub, but I'm not too interested in EQLive as it stands now.

But I think I'll drop EQ2 and switch it over to Vanguard. It's really the only other MMO that interests me at all.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:04 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhelanKA [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Now I wish Games Workshop would sue the pants off of Blizzard.
By all rights they should, and the Tolkien estate should sue everybody.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Sarnak

IMO it's all bullcrap how the laws work for the intellectual property for any of this crap. Put all the makeup you want on it it all boils down to how well you twist the perception of others to make it appear to be original and your work.
Closed Thread