Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2014, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
150pp for a DL port + evac seems fair to me

You're cheap and inconsiderate.

Also, just get a port to DL, run to karnors and find another porter. Christ, you're needy.
Well, that escalated quickly.

bipolar?

When you have ~2k to your name like a lot of level 30s 40s, dishing out 150p for that port is a little tough. And other druids will do it for half the price. If you don't want to port for that price then don't... it's not about being greedy bro.
Last edited by Tankdan; 04-08-2014 at 11:31 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaksimMazor [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If it takes a Druid 30 minutes to port you to DL then evac you to EJ, you're doing it wrong.
The best druids bind outside KC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-08-2014, 11:45 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankdan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tried Dial and they demanded 150p min for a DL+Evac to EJ... wtf man. Waited 10 more mins and someone else did it for half price.

Though, if I was a druid, Id do the same thing.
You're just a jackass. Expecting someone to spend the 10-15mins of their time, their mana, AND the opportunity cost of porting others that don't require the KC run for anything less than 150p is a dick move. But, sure, exploit the newbies who are desperate for money by offering them 75 whole platinum pieces for that service.

Xexbis - 60 Shaman <Taken>
Old 04-08-2014, 11:53 AM
Planar Protector

Offer whatever you want for a port, just remember the lower your offer than the longer on average you'll be waiting for someone to port you. Smart porters won't even respond to "Looking for evac to EJ" or "WTB Evac to EJ" unless you put a pp amount in there that is sufficient for them.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're just a jackass. Expecting someone to spend the 10-15mins of their time, their mana, AND the opportunity cost of porting others that don't require the KC run for anything less than 150p is a dick move. But, sure, exploit the newbies who are desperate for money by offering them 75 whole platinum pieces for that service.

Can we be honest here? The only thing you're really paying for is their time. Everything else you mention is a worthless commodity.

You have the "exploit" thing backwards.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xexbis0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

You should probably not play a druid then. Putting a hard line base price on something like a port is actually the dick move. If you don't want people to try to bargain for a lower price, stop offering the service. People will always seek a lower price.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laledorie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am not sure who did that, but I never charge a minimum price. I am more than happy to do free ports or cheap ports, and advertise that. Sorry you had a bad experience >.< Apparently, we don't all share the same views. Send me a tell anytime and I'll happily port you for a lesser price! =)
If Laledorie's on when I do /who all DIAL, I go for her. She's good people. Get your ports from her.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:38 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how is someone porting you to DL, running with you to karnors, porting to EJ, and medding for 10 minutes afterwards only worth 150? That's 20-30 minutes of dicking around to help your needy ass out.
It probably has something to do with the fact that you can port more than one person at a time and when you get to Karnor's you're likely to fall into another four people desperate to get evac'd. That's 600pp on top of the original 150 right there, and all you had to do was exactly the thing you were doing anyway.

And I don't get why people keep comparing porting to PL. They're two very different things. Good luck PLing by sitting there watching TV at the rings, occasionally mashing an OOC spam button to let people know you're in the zone, then pushing the "teleport to fucking DL" or "teleport to fucking Steamfont" button, waiting 10 seconds to cast, another 10 seconds to trade, and then clicking the "accept trade" button to take the money you just worked so hard to earn that you're in a position to be a prick if you decide it's not as much as you deserve.

Oh, but running to Karnor's is so hard, you have to cast levitate and invis and it takes 3 minutes to autorun across the zone, OPPORTUNITY COST

Incidentally, if I'm not in a hurry I usually try to offer mana song to my porters, because even though "I have to med for 10 minutes" is a stupid reason for this guy to be ranting and raving about people paying him less than 150p for what amounts to 10 minutes of his time, he is right about that being some shit

And one more thing: As far as "waiting around for the person" goes, I don't speak for everyone, but when I'm running across a zone it's not an uncommon thing for the druid who's waiting on me to tell me he's going to port someone else while I run. I spend more time waiting for druids to get back from porting other people than I do making them wait for me. So I don't think that aspect of your argument is really a thing.

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Last edited by Kekephee; 04-08-2014 at 01:02 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Sarnak

If I am in OT soloing I usually get nice requests for ports and they pay about 30-50pp. I also get random tells, pretty much all day long with nice requests for ports for anything from high level evacs to lowbie corpse runs. This behavior continues all across the world... Until I zone into EC.

If I am in EC and not anon people are rude and practically demand ports and very frequently get insulted if I don't agree to port them immediately. For some reason they've all decided that I must port them and accept whatever tip they offer if I am in EC and not anon. If I am in EC it's because I am selling or buying something, not because I chose to run a zone away from a druid ring to port their lazy ass. /grrrrr
<Divinity>
Last edited by Sylexis; 04-08-2014 at 01:35 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best druids bind outside KC [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*cough* Or OT *cough* 😜