Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2020, 01:15 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome you're gonna have fun!

for a halfling druid here is a good starting strat!:

1. Kill wolfs, wolfs & wolfs! so many wolfs! collect the skins! All the skins, dont sell them!
Thank you from me also!
Wolf is actually the easiest to kill. I'm getting several different 'skins'

Black Wolf Skin
Medium Quality Wolf Skin (I'm assuming there should be high quality as well)
Low Quality Wolf Skin
and (per memory) Ruined Wolf Pelt.

Since I could not carry them all, I sold ruined ones.
Question, can I use only higher quality skins for making rawhide armor or all? Including ruined pelt?

--------------------------------
OT question/suggestion for moderators:

This thread has lots of very useful info for Druids, it would be nice if Title could be changed a little bit reflecting this, if possible
Last edited by pivo; 04-18-2020 at 01:21 PM..
Old 04-18-2020, 01:41 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Finally found your post, so I can thank you!

At lvl 1 (Druid) I was broke of course and couldn't stay alive. Then I saw your post, and since then I can play now ;-) This quest is a lifesaver! I have now all the spells lvl1 &5 and bags. Thank you!

If you have any other high rewarding tip for starting Druid level, I'm all ears [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If not, this one is good enough!
Edit, just going through this excellent thread you started, lots of useful info!
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=340698
Old 04-18-2020, 02:33 PM
Planar Protector

yeah those medium ones I think are what you need to make armor for a halfling druid IIRC but maybe the high quality ones are also required, I think maybe its both yeah.

idk.. but yeah! 5 in 5! the funnest sunday night you can have in EQ imo I do it all the time lol Its actually 5 in like 3.5 but if you're casual its 5 in 5 hehe
Old 04-18-2020, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by pivo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wolf is actually the easiest to kill.

This thread has lots of very useful info for Druids, it would be nice if Title could be changed a little bit reflecting this, if possible
Oh god I just saw this I'm too late. Don't kill wolves! You're a druid! Don't kill any animals! They're just dumb beasts that are part of nature, you love nature, why do you hurt nature?
Old 04-18-2020, 04:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh god I just saw this I'm too late. Don't kill wolves! You're a druid! Don't kill any animals! They're just dumb beasts that are part of nature, you love nature, why do you hurt nature?
Id say most hunters are close to ranger/druid so killing animals is ok, raising their corpses from the undead to destroy all life is a no no though. Just do something with every part of the animal and you're OK, hence make your full full set of armor with it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-18-2020, 05:32 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That love affair ended, when I was just minding my own business, exploring The Misty Thicket, breathing fresh air with full lungs, trying to be one with the nature, meditating... when these loving animals attacked and killed me for no reason! Several times!!!

I was resurrected and patched together several times. And at some point it snapped something with me. Maybe my Druid mind is not the same any more. That 'snap' was quite brutal! I don't know. What I do know is, it is now revenge time! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] ...storm is coming...
Last edited by pivo; 04-18-2020 at 05:35 PM..
Old 04-19-2020, 01:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Thank you from me also!
Wolf is actually the easiest to kill. I'm getting several different 'skins'

Black Wolf Skin
Medium Quality Wolf Skin (I'm assuming there should be high quality as well)
Low Quality Wolf Skin
and (per memory) Ruined Wolf Pelt.

Since I could not carry them all, I sold ruined ones.
Question, can I use only higher quality skins for making rawhide armor or all? Including ruined pelt?

--------------------------------
OT question/suggestion for moderators:

Pivo, unfortunately "Ruined Wolf Pelt" is exactly what you need to make Small Tattered/Patchwork armor. I would check merchants to see if there are any you could buy back, or kill MORE wolves for more, or you can combine https://wiki.project1999.com/Skinning_Knife (not too hard to make with low blacksmithing skill) in a sewing kit with any pelt to "reduce" the quality, and can do it again and again to get it back down to "ruined".

Also, at level 8, visit your trainer and put a point into Meditate, and put one into Sense Heading now if you haven't already. These skills won't improve until you put one point in to start them off. Meditate is currently bugged to make it look like you can put a point in even before 8, but it won't actually work until you hit 8. If you're sitting with spellbook open and the MEDITATE button clicked, you get mana back faster. This holds true until you hit level 35, at which point you meditate while sitting without needing the book open.
Never met a good quest he didn't have to do twice.
Closed Thread