Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 07-23-2024, 11:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulldudes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
honestly stats are an absolute non-factor unless you're completely broke, my human monk nearly caps stam just self-buffed and hits 250+ str w/ FoS and my gear is mid at best prioritizing hp/resists
Most mid-level tank gear if optimized for HP’s has AC/Stam/hps. HGL’s, Vindi Bp, Vindi boots, etc. It doesnt really matter, aggro is king, but an ogre or troll will hit those caps easier outside intel.
Old 07-24-2024, 08:31 AM
Planar Protector

its 2024 stats dont matter....only fashion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist View Post
With enough Clerics any class can survive AoW.
Old 07-24-2024, 10:00 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its 2024 stats dont matter....only fashion
It’s true. Play what looks cool, unless being optimal with the stats digs at you or something. In the broad spectrum of things — say you get your class to 60 and join a raid guild. They are likely going to ask you to log on a cleric or rogue guild toon instead of playing your character anyway lmao 🤣
Old 07-24-2024, 11:12 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insaiyan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s true. Play what looks cool, unless being optimal with the stats digs at you or something. In the broad spectrum of things — say you get your class to 60 and join a raid guild. They are likely going to ask you to log on a cleric or rogue guild toon instead of playing your character anyway lmao 🤣
So the minmax build is the one that convincingly passes as cleric or rogue at a glance.

That eliminates trolls, ogres and iksar off the bat.

Dark elf seems a strong contender. Rogues like to present as dark elf. Is there a good chain look and piercer for SK?

Likewise, plate/hammer builds to illusion cleric?

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 07-24-2024, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Troll or Ogre is min/max, depending on what you are doing. Troll Regen will be better if you mostly solo. Ogre FSI will be better if you mostly group/raid. Big races also get access to weighted axe for bow kiting.

It sounds like OP doesn't want to pick Ogre though, so go Human. You still get access to Blood Ember clickies, which is nice. I would avoid Iksar. Greenmist isn't worth the loss of Blood Ember clickies.
Old 07-24-2024, 07:53 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, stats don’t matter compared to how much you like the look your character. You can’t change certain aspects of that.

Still, 50 base STA and 70 base STR over an Erudite isn’t nothing unless you are moderately geared.
Old 07-25-2024, 01:00 PM
Sarnak

With Ogre FSI, 2 FD spells and clickie FD pants you die WAY less often when you get too many mobs on a pull.

Not having FD interrupted is super OP

Aside: you will be fat as ogre but you get skele form at 55 to mitigate that

Additionally the other clickies like blood ember gauntlets for snare, you can basically cast it and it almost always will land with FSI. Maybe like 1/1000 casts gets push channeling interruption. Bashes/kicks from mobs are no problem. TBH its the most powerful racial trait in the game, If game was being rebalanced I'd probably remove it. But we classic babay!
Last edited by busted; 07-25-2024 at 01:06 PM..
Old 07-25-2024, 03:51 PM
Fire Giant

I solo leveled 99% of 1-60 on my Human SK and now raid tank. I can tell you FSI has never been a concern
Old 07-25-2024, 05:24 PM
Kobold

It’s not a concern but it is a nice quality of life thing they have on top of the huge stats. The drawback? You’re subjectively ugly and objectively big and cumbersome when moving around the world. Getting to level 55 to get smaller is no small task. I personally don’t like being stunned. My SK is also a dark elf though, because I think they look coolest and I like to see in the dark.
Old 07-25-2024, 05:33 PM
Planar Protector

So u can see who is stunning you?