Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 06-19-2024, 08:44 AM
Aviak

I'm pretty sure ROT uses BOTS or something, or people stay logged in to make it look populated? It doesn't go below like 40 I check real weird times, I bet 40 are bots and then like 40-100 are real people which are boxed. Rot prob has like 30 people legit.

All EQEMU is dead, give my box a try fellers.
Old 06-19-2024, 08:45 AM
Aviak

745 am 50 people on Rot, 12 on Red, which is probably like 3 people in-game red all the people who passed out.
Old 06-19-2024, 01:21 PM
Skeleton

ROT has a Bazaar and there are usually 10-14 people in that. So 100 is probably roughly about 45 players.
Old 06-19-2024, 01:24 PM
Skeleton

Is your box up and running or just hypothetical?
Old 06-19-2024, 02:09 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthiasmlk7 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only fun I ever really had on live EQ was the faction based PvP.
Anyone with the same colored name was an ally and everyone else were potential enemies.
You can confirm that all teams had different colored names? Do you know which color each team had? Or was it so that your team just had one set static color and all the other teams had the same "red" or whatever color that was flagged as an enemy?
Last edited by Darkone; 06-19-2024 at 02:16 PM..
Old 06-19-2024, 03:23 PM
Aviak

Ah yeah bazaar traders that would make sense.

I don't know SZ but I know for a fact TZ had -

Evil team (Ogr,Troll,DE) - Red
Human Team (Bar, Hum, Erudite) - Blue
Elf Team (High elf, wood elf, Half elf) - Yellow
Shorty Team (Gnome, Dwarf, Halfling) - Purple

TZ was the only good box, the fact that we modeled Red after RZ is prob why it sucked so bad I've said this 100 times (when Red was made too!). Random people have no chance, everyone thinks theyre a spy, treat them like shit, etc. This applies to solo players or like outcasts or casuals honestly. Red99 PVP is like a group of highschool girls who can create outcasts and shit? Like these people are highly immersed and vengeful scorned highly estrognized individuals.

The colors of the teams are the nostalgia juice for me, but it's because of how it effects social interactions and pvp interactions for a large amount of players.

The SZ poster I think is a troll account, I was looking at old SZ screenshots of Fansy and stuff couldn't find definitive proof of colors though personally.
Old 06-19-2024, 03:35 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debaser8 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is your box up and running or just hypothetical?

I logged my kids on for a promo video and had them get slaughtered by Birdop like any good father would, but it's really just to show off our work. I wish I had a necro with a red Skeleton.

We don't have teams yet that's really the last piece to fall into place and then I can just like step back and accept it's perfect, maybe some minor work on items and such.

Minor alterations to melee dmg might be a process, spells I dunno it's classic spell values 2/3. I mean some shit was just really good spellwise.

Melees had severely low dmg on EQEMU out of the box so I've been upping hit rate and dmg and kinda by feel by memory, from other boxes. For balance, it's a work in progress but it's basically perfect. I just upped shaman dmg so you can whack for like 60 dmg one time etc lol. Druids etc can whack for like 40 with a mistwalker, I'll do clerics probably like same type thing.
Old 06-19-2024, 03:36 PM
Aviak

We need to rewire the EQEMU PVP communities brain to not be about griefing and more be about fun PVP and being the fucking boss/champ?

Red99 really I dunno changed things, to all about PVE, and all about farming all the PVE, and griefing the PVE like. Enough.
Old 06-19-2024, 03:45 PM
Aviak

I feel like a good breakthrough, if like 20 people logged on for PVP our box would take off and people would find themselves a server that's fun like once or twice a week for classic PVP banging. Or we build ultra slow and just every month some guy comes back from a break and sees this and thinks fuck yeah etc. I'll post weekly videos to show our success/failure.

I've been here since like the beginning of EMU I'm not going anywhere so. What have u pals got to lose. EQEMU isn't dead, it's just getting started.
Last edited by TheDreamer; 06-19-2024 at 03:55 PM..
Old 06-19-2024, 03:47 PM
Aviak

https://discord.gg/jNzRA7WkzB