Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you guys can't even log in on time I don't see a lot of hope for you tracking shit for 12 hours straight

Dispel that myth
This.

As the underdog you are going to be out tracked and lose out.

As the server leaders your life is going to be hell until you have enough guild trackers to simply rotate through. After that it's going to be an inconvenience but not insurmountable.

Your highest DKP or favoured loot council members will wind up being trackers or people who log on to track.

"Meaningful" pvp will degenerate into ranger slap fights in a pre-determined safe spot.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 59 Shaman
Lemonspoon Icebeaner - 52 Enchanter
Yumyums Inmahtumtums - 60 Enchanter
Old 05-30-2014, 03:07 PM
Banned

dreams of fuckin
an R&B bitch
Old 05-30-2014, 03:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

While you're at it, implement it where you can't zone plug ala garagebox.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Banned

No means no

Thought you alrdy learned that
Old 05-30-2014, 03:34 PM
Planar Protector

Lite, I've told you before that I don't think you're the best leader for Azrael. I'm sure you disagree, obviously. But I think it's an appropriate way to start a constructive criticism.

Nihilum was probably in the worst shape it had ever been in with that Diablo 3 exodus. During that time Azrael had the better class makeup, and arguably better geared characters overall against the largely Red Dawn apps/ maybe eight veteran Nihilum members. You can argue that point all you want, and I'm sure most people would like to (the inherent assumption is that when you see a Nihilum tag, they're better geared and that's just the way it is).

I don't mean to discredit the strides Azrael made during that time. You controlled everything for a good month and a half. Good job.

But once again, Nihilum pushed back and met you with a response. They adapted, as they always have during Azrael's short stints.

And for a minute, it almost seemed like you were working on your own response in order to fight back. You met our 50 with your 50. Here's where the criticism comes in.

You don't want to adapt to those standards. You are only willing to go so far as a guild. You patently disagree with large numbers, because you don't want to invest the time to build up thirty new players. With the exception of maybe Brobb, Sektor, and a few others (notably people not even from your guild originally), your guild is not consistently generous to new players.

I love being an underdog in this game, but you make your guild fail. There's only two options, though. And because I disagree with the way you lead (mostly because I can lead a guild better and know this), it leaves one option left (as far as raiding goes).

You're not an inviting guild for new players. You never were. That's the kind of environment your guild creates. Obviously, you've got a few new players here and there that fit right into your clique (Chipp, Edward), and they'll disagree about being inviting, but on the whole you've been pretty terrible at recruiting and retaining new players. You and your own officers have stated publicly that you don't like 80% of the people now in your guild and part of the zerg you're forced to create, which is basically the quickest way to sabotage yourself.

Red Dawn was a great third option, but Heartbrand pretty much single-handedly ended that by naively revealing his (not so much the rest of the guild's) intentions to you. He over-extended, and it helped the guild crumble. It surely left a lot of sour taste in people's mouths, and I'm sure Lewis, now a part of your guild, can tell you. I hadn't spent a single DKP, and that goes for a lot of other people in that guild. I gave a T staff away to someone I knew would be Azrael if we failed as a guild. You yourself found me at Verix almost every day, and I farmed over 50 of them to try and push RD as a viable third option in VP. The point is that your guild doesn't do shit like that. They don't go four months spending all their plat and doing shit for other people, not asking for anything in return.

So basically what it comes down to is: how will variance help you?

Nihilum has shown consistently that they adapt and do what is necessary to keep their spot at the top. Azrael, for the most part, has shown that they lack the tenacity.

I'm not saying this to make it a pissing contest. It's just my honest assessment of both guilds. I'm sure even an outsider could see that without ever having played here. You can't keep looking for ways to make it more fair for your guild when you're not willing to go far enough to make things happen. Stop asking for changes to the server based on your incompetency as a guild leader. It's been three weeks since your reign, and you're already back to the boards. Try harder in game.

TLDR; adapt, learn, and don't put boundaries on the lengths you're willing to go as a guild.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:40 PM
Banned

lot of novels in this thread that went unread
Old 05-30-2014, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's been three weeks since your reign, and you're already back to the boards. Try harder in game
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

not really... I didn't like the way things worked even when we were winning. Even Tune said he was down with variance during this time period and said he'd talk to the other leaders of Nihilum, even vaporize was discussing it with me.
Last edited by lite; 05-30-2014 at 03:49 PM..
Old 05-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buhbuh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So basically what it comes down to is: how will variance help you?
You're actually wrong. It doesn't come down to how will variance help Lite, or Lite's guild or Nihilum or Nizzar or you. (Who are you?) This thread is about how variance will help the server, independent of how many guilds are on it or what those guilds names are. Nearly the entirety of your post was subjective, or in the case of the text quoted above, quite simply wrong.

Unfortunately, Buhbuh, you are not an anomaly on this server. In fact, there are a lot of people who have a similarly discolored perspective about the server and have a difficult (perhaps impossible(?)) time framing potential server changes in an unbiased, theoretical sense.

Again, it's **NOT** how variance will help Lite, Nizzar, either of their guilds or the members thereof. It is how variance will help THE SERVER BE MORE COMPETITIVE. And if you are unsure of that, then I encourage you to read my TLDR of a post. Mostly for an exercise in literacy, but also in hopes of developing some critical thinking skills.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:48 PM
Banned

*twist*

Hivemind is actually Rellapsed back on his medication.

All in all some good points in this thread.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:50 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genedin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
*twist*

Hivemind is actually Rellapsed back on his medication.
Implying there exists some form of medication that will make a retard non-retarded.
Closed Thread