Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2014, 04:15 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, where in the rules does it say you can't follow someone (geared, not on CR, not LNS enabled in that zone) and kill them in another zone? This scenario is very much within the rules, in fact the slain player would have to continue to LNS from each zone or risk punishment, not the other way around.
I think the members of a certain organization within Norrath are going about this play nice policy all wrong. Instead of searching for ways to grief within limitations it is supposed to help guide you to being a better player.

You shouldn't have to read a long dialogue of rules to understand following someone and killing them in every zone is griefing and it shouldn't be done. It isn't helping you control a zone for PvE and it isn't competitive PvP. There is no reason for it outside of griefing.

Why do you insist on finding ways to bend and break the rules our GMs worked hard on to implement?

Red Dawn will do what they can to help enforce these rules and help police the griefers that try to break the system in such ways. It will make sure guilds like Nihilum don't corpse camp level 4 warriors and follow them from zone to zone.
Old 01-04-2014, 04:24 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aasch08 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got stream rolled by someone
Old 01-04-2014, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why do you insist on finding ways to bend and break the rules our GMs worked hard on to implement?
Judging by the fact that the r99 PNP post is a carbon copy of blue's rules (most of which don't apply here yet remain in the post because apparently it requires too much effort to edit) with a short red-specific addendum tacked to the bottom in the fashion of an afterthought, I rather doubt they slaved long over it.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technique [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Judging by the fact that the r99 PNP post is a carbon copy of blue's rules (most of which don't apply here yet remain in the post because apparently it requires too much effort to edit) with a short red-specific addendum tacked to the bottom in the fashion of an afterthought, I rather doubt they slaved long over it.
Another fine example of a toxic, entitled player complaining about volunteer staff on a free server.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sorry, where in the rules does it say you can't follow someone (geared, not on CR, not LNS enabled in that zone) and kill them in another zone? This scenario is very much within the rules, in fact the slain player would have to continue to LNS from each zone or risk punishment, not the other way around.
If you followed them and killed them in another zone, then they can return to the other zone because you aren't there anymore.
Come on dude common sense. The rule was put in place to prevent bind rushing and you're trying to use it to grief. This is why people get banned. Instead of taking the spirit of the rule, you ass hats have to try to push the boundaries of the rules until you break them. Have fun with your future suspensions friend.
Originally Posted by Derubael View Post
WIPE IT CLEAN ITS TERRIBLE
#elfpals discord
Old 01-04-2014, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stasis01 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can't imagine any GM coming down on the lvl 4 for not scooting the lowbie zone.
Old 01-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slathar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another fine example of a toxic, entitled player complaining about volunteer staff on a free server.
It's utterly irrelevant whether they're volunteers or not, whether it's a commercial game or not, so spare me that specious line of reasoning. Regardless of how or why the staff came to be in their positions, they still have the exact same responsibilities to the game and its players.

I am entitled. As are you. As is every person who plays this server. We're entitled to governance by staff who take their responsibilities seriously enough not to codify half-baked ideas into external rules on a whim with no prior conversation with the community.

Koster touches on this in his article describing the rights of players in virtual worlds.
Quote:
6. The code of conduct is the expression of the general will of the community and the will of the individual who maintains the hardware and software that makes up the virtual space. Every member of the community has the right to contribute either directly or via representatives in the shaping of the code of conduct as the culture of the virtual space evolves, particularly as it evolves in directions that the administrator did not predict; the ultimate right of the administrator to shape and define the code of conduct shall not be abrogated, but it is clear that the administrator therefore has the duty and responsibility to work with the community to arrive at a code of conduct that is shaped by the input of the community. As a member of the community himself, the administrator would be damaging the community itself if he failed in this responsibility, for abrogation of this right of avatars could result in the loss of population and therefore damage to the common weal.
I don't expect anyone to read that or do anything but dismiss it out of hand, but it's relevant to recent events here, so there it is.

On the subject of being toxic, every jackass who can't stanch his stupidity long enough to resist derailing threads discussing these issues by accusing other players of misdeeds with no evidence, mislabeling people and their motives, propagandizing for change under the pretense of benefiting the community as a whole, or just uselessly spouting the latest witless internet idioms isn't merely toxic to the community—

they are a fucking disease.
Old 01-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by HippoNipple [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the members of a certain organization within Norrath are going about this play nice policy all wrong. Instead of searching for ways to grief within limitations it is supposed to help guide you to being a better player.

You shouldn't have to read a long dialogue of rules to understand following someone and killing them in every zone is griefing and it shouldn't be done. It isn't helping you control a zone for PvE and it isn't competitive PvP. There is no reason for it outside of griefing.

Fucking THANK YOU
Old 01-04-2014, 02:09 PM
Banned

it'll get better in time hopefully. gm's sound like they're fully commited to making red99 flourish again... i disagreed wit the rules but once i talked to em, it doesnt sound as bad.

i bet after sometime wit these new weird rules, they'll edit em and maybe even take some away once the point is made and the community is nicer.... (its a pvp server i know lol)
but aparently its been too brutal to the newer players and they're prlly tryin to suck in more players before all hope is lost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergan View Post
theres still alota kinks to b worked out, the rules are still newish.
Kergan technically could do that w.o 'breaking the rules' but he'd still be 'griefing' and id assume would b granted a swift justice..

(i do miss the days of when players would deal with such things. if some1 was griefing on sullon zek, you might get a few kills in before some1 above you would kill you, or a group or equal lvl's rolls you. but since wer either too low in population or no1 cares but the gms feel the need to be involved to prevent such things and allow noobs to play w.o the worry of being pvp'd to death)

=P
Old 01-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Banned

lastly, people in my time would take over pve zones to purposely prevent other players from leveling there.. those other players wer forced to join together and attack n get the zone for themselves orr admit defeat and find somewhere else to go.

(pretty sure sz even had a website that showed the map of norrath and which places wer currently under good, evil, or neutral control... was pretty awsome holding down a zone for your side, but maybe thats best for teams)
Closed Thread