Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2020, 08:10 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppedandglued [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I made a druid on green. My first druid. I really wish I meet this class on live. I feel like it's the best class in the game, and I'm in love with it.
Druids really drop off in power after about level 40. By level 60 they will be considered a "backup healer" without any other meaningful utility to offer. Especially when fighting in a dungeon or other "indoor" locations where many spells are not usable. This is because greater heal is not mana efficient enough to heal a fully geared tank (and the rest of the party) through continuous pulls. While the same issue affects shaman, they have slow which greatly reduces damage on the tank and they have haste/tash and melee stat buffs that will always result in them getting picked over a druid for an xp group.

If you really want to play a druid to max level get ready for a lot of solo quad kiting sessions.
Last edited by Lendari; 03-31-2020 at 08:28 AM..
Old 03-31-2020, 09:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendari [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Druids really drop off in power after about level 40. By level 60 they will be considered a "backup healer" without any other meaningful utility to offer. Especially when fighting in a dungeon or other "indoor" locations where many spells are not usable. This is because greater heal is not mana efficient enough to heal a fully geared tank (and the rest of the party) through continuous pulls. While the same issue affects shaman, they have slow which greatly reduces damage on the tank and they have haste/tash and melee stat buffs that will always result in them getting picked over a druid for an xp group.

If you really want to play a druid to max level get ready for a lot of solo quad kiting sessions.
So wrong
Old 03-31-2020, 09:08 AM
Planar Protector

Wizards are the best.
Old 03-31-2020, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Please dont be a hybrid. Every group im in has a hybrid. Also necro is good dps class for groups. I dont mind necros
Old 03-31-2020, 05:41 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by solleks [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So wrong
Yeah, I just hit 49 on my druid and she is such a powerhouse. Yes, she can't bulldoze a dungeon like an enchanter or shaman, and she can only main heal because I have a manastone, but anything else, she can do. Quadding, root-rotting, charming mobs in Kedge, two-shotting yun shamans in Lower Guk with Starfire, Skin Like Nature is a huge HP buff with +2 hp regen...every class has limits, but druids are strong in many ways.

I won't be maining her, however. I'm going either warrior or cleric this time around.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:48 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, the game isn't balanced. Broken record here, but if Magician and Wizard were both merged into one caster class, with all their spells, abilities, powers, and even their epics were combined into one epic power.. they MIGHT be as strong as an enchanter, but probably not.
Have you heard of this notion that if they gave Clarity to wizards instead of enchanters, it would balance both classes? I think I like the idea.

And ya know, I actually think there's something to appreciate in how tightly-focused wizards are. Nukes; and root/stun/dispel/ports. Lots of sitting, lots of downtime, lots of time to socialize and plan. I enjoyed playing my wizard on Blue to 55. I was doing the quad + afk tactic a lot of the time, with chores/workouts/other games in between. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also think high-downtime roles like wizard and cleric are good for players who like to contribute in the form of leadership or socializing. It's hard to type out plans and suggestions while chasing NPCs around or spamming CC spells. As a sitter, you have the luxury of assessing the situation and making calls.
Old 03-31-2020, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampolo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also necro is good dps class for groups. I dont mind necros
Necros who actually use their mez or their healing spells get an instant /friend from me. They can be great at single-pulling a mob from a dangerous crowd, too.
Last edited by Videri; 03-31-2020 at 05:54 PM..
Old 03-31-2020, 05:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started on Green as a Human Ranger named Cenro, and a Cleric named Cenbo, a halfling.
I got the Cleric to level 14, and the Ranger also to 14.
I deleted the Cleric, and remade into a Barbarian Shaman.
I got that Barbarian Shaman to level 12
I deleted the Barbarian Shaman, and remade it into a Halfling Cleric again, which I leveled to 35 and got a guise.

I made a Ogre Shaman named Cenki got it to level 5, and deleted it, remaking that into a Human Warrior named Cenki which I got to level 8. I deleted that and remade that into a Barbarian Shaman which I got to level 5. I deleted that and remade it into a Human Warrior, and got it to level 16. I deleted that Warrior and made Cenki into a Wood Elf Ranger, which I got to 35. I got into a list for the guise, got from slot 12 to slot 1, got really tired, almost passed out, GAVE UP MY SLOT 1, and haven't logged back into the game whatsoever.

I'm debating remaking my Ranger for some reason to something that doesn't need a guise, but then I might delete that again and such.
Cenbro. Consider the amount of time you'd save if you stopped deleting characters EVER. Just keep 'em around. You never know when you'll want to park a level 4 or 10 or 20 character in some zone.

Imagine if you hadn'd deleted your level 12 Barbarian shaman. You could level him to 14 before Kunark and bind it at the TD firepots. Then, if you feel like playing a shaman someday, you have a level 14 shaman bound at the firepots.

Just come up with a few more suffixes, ok? Like -sored, -turion, -terfold...the possibilities are endless.
Last edited by Videri; 03-31-2020 at 05:57 PM..
Old 03-31-2020, 05:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you heard of this notion that if they gave Clarity to wizards instead of enchanters, it would balance both classes? I think I like the idea.

And ya know, I actually think there's something to appreciate in how tightly-focused wizards are. Nukes; and root/stun/dispel/ports. Lots of sitting, lots of downtime, lots of time to socialize and plan. I enjoyed playing my wizard on Blue to 55. I was doing the quad + afk tactic a lot of the time, with chores/workouts/other games in between. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also think high-downtime roles like wizard and cleric are good for players who like to contribute in the form of leadership or socializing. It's hard to type out plans and suggestions while chasing NPCs around or spamming CC spells. As a sitter, you have the luxury of assessing the situation and making calls.

I've always said that it would help a lot if wizards got clarity. Would have made them a lot more group friendly.
Old 03-31-2020, 08:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Yep, the game isn't balanced. Broken record here, but if Magician and Wizard were both merged into one caster class, with all their spells, abilities, powers, and even their epics were combined into one epic power.. they MIGHT be as strong as an enchanter, but probably not.
That's because the original devs actually played EQ, the game they made, an buffed the classes they played while the others got the shaft an they didn't care. Shamans get SoW, Root, awesome heals, regen, make potions that Port, get easy azz to get clickable snare item, pets, Kunark armor with clickable free dot, clickable free DD.
Chanty -Charm enough said.
Cleric- Complete heal enough said.
Any tard could have balanced these classes, they didn't care.

Fires of Heaven was a developer run guild, they would patch the game with new content, then immediately jump on their characters and raid the content they just patched. That's why they were the biggest, most successful guild. If you're raiding content you made, I'm pretty sure that's what they call bullshit.
Last edited by NPC; 03-31-2020 at 08:43 PM..
Closed Thread