Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Old 09-04-2023, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m assuming on P99 this all has to do with non-instanced raiding causing there to be many more times the necessary people to accomplish a task, and for grouping having twinked gear trivialize the content

The alternative isn’t all sunshine and rainbows neither though. From what I heard WoW retail mythic+ raids are insane. Not only does literally everyone have to be 100% on point with many, many different raid mechanics (like stand here, now stand there, no go get this item and place it here, etc) all at once, but every player has to be perfect like that for 10-15 minutes straight during a fight or everyone instantly dies

People say it sucks and it’s stressful. Average players like Asmongold won’t raid anymore because of it. So it’s a delicate line between too easy and too stressful sometimes
Old 09-04-2023, 11:37 AM
Planar Protector

Past a certain age, intensive online gaming is a difficult physiological problem. I know gamers often discuss exercise routines, etc., but that's like a junkie describing how they avoid constipation. That *is* a win, but you know, zoom out a bit. Or, wait 20 years.

So at a certain point this is what a guild leader can seem like to you:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's life. Lots of fuckers gonna kill themselves and have from the unreal stress levels a proper bastard of a raid will rain down on all involved.

I feel sorry for the kids whose moms played eq when they were pregnant. That's like a cortisol Silkwood shower 8 hours a night if you are competitive. Fiesty fetus syndrome.
Old 09-04-2023, 11:54 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're bad if you bind wounds as a Shaman at 60. Torpor is just a smidge faster.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spamming torpor doesn't make you a good shaman, hope this helps
Old 09-04-2023, 12:23 PM
Planar Protector

I realized on Green launch that many many people play EQ has a secondary task. So they afk a lot to do whatever they're primarily focused in and "check back " on the game. While I don't blame ppl for doing it (tbh it's kinda smart if you can get away with it) but it's annoying as fuck. When I play EQ I'm all in totally focused and I feel like that's not actually very common anymore.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Old 09-04-2023, 02:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I realized on Green launch that many many people play EQ has a secondary task. So they afk a lot to do whatever they're primarily focused in and "check back " on the game. While I don't blame ppl for doing it (tbh it's kinda smart if you can get away with it) but it's annoying as fuck. When I play EQ I'm all in totally focused and I feel like that's not actually very common anymore.
Peak hours players are normal people and this game is not that hard. So they are cooking food and stuff. Or, they might be glued to their seats, soaked in cold sweat because this game is pushing them to their limits but they are hiding it by *saying* they are sorry for being afk. In fact they blacked out from so much raw cortisol being dumped into their system and no one ever told them hell was inside a 20+ year old elf simulator.

People are coming from different places in life. You have to know when to pull the mob, when not to. When to join a group, when to walk away. And when to run.
Old 09-04-2023, 02:44 PM
Banned

I think a big part of it is that p99 is free and you can have basically unlimited accounts and freely share them. So the sense of stakes is a lot lower than in 1999 when you had to pay 10 bucks a month to play.
Filthy slacker casuals were less common for that reason, and the people playing had more of an incentive to pay attention and not suck since they were ostensibly paying money to see the full content of the game. And your reputation mattered more since you only had 8 character slots.

Also probably didn't hurt that you couldn't alt-tab out of the original client.
Old 09-04-2023, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussenseiter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That doesn't seem like useful knowledge to have.
literally none of if it is useful aside from a narrow meta created by the extremely mentally ill
Old 09-04-2023, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arvan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
literally none of if it is useful aside from a narrow meta created by the extremely mentally ill
Never underestimate the narrow meta created by the unwell. That's what they said about spam, you know. Now look. It's everywhere.
Old 09-04-2023, 04:57 PM
Planar Protector

"Because you don't Bind Wound as a shaman"

An optimal shaman is canni dancing until 58 when timing becomes problematic. I'm not sure when the ideal "bandaging shaman" range comes into play but I got a good laugh nonetheless.
Old 09-04-2023, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoofers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spamming torpor doesn't make you a good shaman, hope this helps
Spamming bind wound doesn't make you a good shaman either
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior