Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2014, 03:02 AM
Fire Giant

CoM is good stuff, it is also possible to solo by the arena by pulling undead merbs, but it was neither fun, nor fast exp.
Abomination Snowman - 60 Grave Lord
Proud owner of Innoruuk's Curse that did NOT come from TMO's bank or RMT.
Niluvien Forestwalker - 52 Ranger
Russled Jimmies - 54 Wizard
Old 01-23-2014, 04:05 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I spent the mid 30's through late 40's soloing Freeport Milita guards. Fear kiting is fairly safe if you pull to certain areas, like near the Wood Elf vendor in WFP, and learn the guard pathing. I made at least 15k (I lost track after awhile) just selling the fine steel weapons I looted.

If you want to sell to the FP vendors, just do Captain Rohand's brandy quest in Qeynos. As long as you haven't ruined your faction with the Merchants of Qeynos you can sneak in to the Mermaid's Lure and drown him in booze!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

58 ogre sk. I use snareDot + fear clicky from blood ember set with the axe that procs invoke fear. Keeps them perma feared. With jboots with pathers that turn a lot the snare is not even needed. EZPZ
Old 01-23-2014, 01:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malone88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aren't there undead in DL and Trak's that 50+ SK can solo?
There are a few skeletons around the combine city right next to the port-in from DL that I think stay DB till 60. I tried them a bit on my necro once but there aren't a lot of them and a paladin was soloing them.

Would work, it just doesn't support many people.

Baalzy - 57 Gnocro, Baalz - 36 Ikscro, Adra - 51 Hileric, Fatbag Ofcrap - 25 halfuid

Red99
Baalz Less - Humger, Baalzy - Ikscro

If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let there be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.
Picture courtesy of azeth
Old 01-23-2014, 01:13 PM
Fire Giant

Or in lguk if you pull to the hand spawn across from AM. You can snare with gaunts and cast fear undead 10 mana spell. They will be feared just out of the room then when fear breaks run back to hand refear and you won't get adds. Great exp
Old 01-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Kobold

Id like to build on an earlier post. if we keep building, I think we can come up with a pretty nice list!

Levels 1 to 8: No spells yet, solo somewhere you can bum buffs to ease the pain (East Commons).
--Id like to add that even as a SK, you can still carve out a living near Qeynos by killing enough gnolls in Blackburrow. Was great xp up to 12 or so and I ended up not KoS to most factions in Qeynos. Unfortunately, clerics, paladins, and some of the int casters still didn't like me much!

Levels 9 to 14: You have spells, the lifetap is better than nothing. Still stay near East Commons, so try to hunt in NRO/WC and come back once an hour for buff refresh.
--Befallen gets to be good in this range. I stuck to Befallen until ~20ish

Levels 15 to 21: You can now fear kite, however I enjoy the shralok orcs in kithicor forest as they are relatively stationary (and tankable) - collect and save all the orc scalps and turn in at HHK to go from 21 to 22 or 23 (they are pretty amazing XP).
-- Najena is good times with a great ZEM. Hunting elementals, tentacles, easier mages, spiders, and the high level skeletons near spiders will make Najena last 20-28 if you want to.

Levels 22 to 28: The worst! Terrible life tap, no feign death or gather shadows. Fear kite in LOIO near water.
--I started into SK gnolls and aviaks in the mid and upper 20's

Level 29 to 35: I enjoy uncamped areas so like soloing kerra isle, there are a few dark blues at 29 that are tankable (and drop fun items) - there is one named above tiger pit on the south island with 2 dark/light blue assistants, as well as the Shazda turban guy (FD to clear his spawn, beat him down toe to toe).
--Lower 30's through mid 30's was a good time to kill inside Splitpaw. Killing everything up to the double doors was easy because they are all melee

Level 35 to 40: Was tough. I found myself moving around a lot, doing specs with a rogue, Lower Guk entrance area, deeper parts of Mistmoore, etc

Level 40 to 50: I spent the majority of my time moving through CoM camps. Began with Stable / Courtyard, then Temple / Arena, then Moat. Did a bit of LGuk as well, but that place makes me claustrophobic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Level 50 to 54: The Hole is awesome in this window. It stays good, but once your 55+ you can start getting groups in Seb, etc, so there are other options

Anyway, just my 2cents FWIW!
Old 01-23-2014, 01:16 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillgiantchamp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Or in lguk if you pull to the hand spawn across from AM. You can snare with gaunts and cast fear undead 10 mana spell. They will be feared just out of the room then when fear breaks run back to hand refear and you won't get adds. Great exp
Nice
Old 01-23-2014, 01:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunes [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Id like to build on an earlier post. if we keep building, I think we can come up with a pretty nice list!

Levels 1 to 8: No spells yet, solo somewhere you can bum buffs to ease the pain (East Commons).
--Id like to add that even as a SK, you can still carve out a living near Qeynos by killing enough gnolls in Blackburrow. Was great xp up to 12 or so and I ended up not KoS to most factions in Qeynos. Unfortunately, clerics, paladins, and some of the int casters still didn't like me much!

Levels 9 to 14: You have spells, the lifetap is better than nothing. Still stay near East Commons, so try to hunt in NRO/WC and come back once an hour for buff refresh.
--Befallen gets to be good in this range. I stuck to Befallen until ~20ish

Levels 15 to 21: You can now fear kite, however I enjoy the shralok orcs in kithicor forest as they are relatively stationary (and tankable) - collect and save all the orc scalps and turn in at HHK to go from 21 to 22 or 23 (they are pretty amazing XP).
-- Najena is good times with a great ZEM. Hunting elementals, tentacles, easier mages, spiders, and the high level skeletons near spiders will make Najena last 20-28 if you want to.

Levels 22 to 28: The worst! Terrible life tap, no feign death or gather shadows. Fear kite in LOIO near water.
--I started into SK gnolls and aviaks in the mid and upper 20's

Level 29 to 35: I enjoy uncamped areas so like soloing kerra isle, there are a few dark blues at 29 that are tankable (and drop fun items) - there is one named above tiger pit on the south island with 2 dark/light blue assistants, as well as the Shazda turban guy (FD to clear his spawn, beat him down toe to toe).
--Lower 30's through mid 30's was a good time to kill inside Splitpaw. Killing everything up to the double doors was easy because they are all melee

Level 35 to 40: Was tough. I found myself moving around a lot, doing specs with a rogue, Lower Guk entrance area, deeper parts of Mistmoore, etc

Level 40 to 50: I spent the majority of my time moving through CoM camps. Began with Stable / Courtyard, then Temple / Arena, then Moat. Did a bit of LGuk as well, but that place makes me claustrophobic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Level 50 to 54: The Hole is awesome in this window. It stays good, but once your 55+ you can start getting groups in Seb, etc, so there are other options

Anyway, just my 2cents FWIW!
Thanks for your input, the list is coming along nicely!

Also, when you were soloing in splitpaw, did you fear kite or just melee them down?
Old 01-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by chu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
lguk bw skyfire all ez solos
eq so ez
ur moms ez
Old 01-23-2014, 02:11 PM
Kobold

Upper 30's - mid 40's you can do DL very comfortably. I did it with my warrior solo so.......... plus you can just walk into KC and get raped with buffs.
Closed Thread