Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2022, 10:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can anyone recommend a snow boot? I wear 12 normally and usually 12.5 in boots. I prefer cheaper but decent quality but won’t buy anything made in China

Thanks and Godbless, Texans don’t know shit about snow
https://www.redwingshoes.com/work/mens/waterproof/
Old 10-09-2022, 01:03 AM
Banned

Last edited by Rogean; 04-17-2024 at 05:01 PM..
Old 10-09-2022, 01:14 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesteaded [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks bud, I’ve never heard of these and they have a store in anchorage so I’ll go check it out. Happy to see they’re made in the US. Every woman in alaska has something called “XTRATUF” and they’re made in China. Fuckers

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always ask these people if they get the tip or if it goes to the business. 80-90% of the time they say they don’t get any of it so I don’t tip
Old 10-09-2022, 01:19 AM
Planar Protector

FUCK are you kidding me, I want to know this now every time I go to a place that does that too.
Old 10-09-2022, 01:22 AM
Planar Protector

Yeah, I tip them when they say they get it even if they didn’t do much because we’ve all been there doing a shitty ass job like that. But it’s shocking how often they’re like, “no I don’t get any part of the tip.”
Old 10-09-2022, 01:23 AM
Planar Protector

yeah you should tip, but the idea that the buisness gets any of it makes me not want to tip anything anymore.

I will be asking for sure at my regular spots.
Old 10-09-2022, 08:42 AM
Banned

Tipping is a remnant of slavery. It is an evil system that helps maintain the racist hierarchy and it should not exist.

Obviously we should all tip as long as it exists, but it is meant to deflate wages deliberately. I try to determine which local restaurants that have a base pay rate of $2.13 for servers and I avoid going to those restaurants. And if I find out who the owners are, and they work shifts, I will let them know what I think of the exploitation of their employees.

Though it's all takeout these days, and it's not as easy to determine the pay of back-of-house staff.
Old 10-09-2022, 11:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tipping is a remnant of slavery. It is an evil system that helps maintain the racist hierarchy and it should not exist.

Obviously we should all tip as long as it exists, but it is meant to deflate wages deliberately. I try to determine which local restaurants that have a base pay rate of $2.13 for servers and I avoid going to those restaurants. And if I find out who the owners are, and they work shifts, I will let them know what I think of the exploitation of their employees.

Though it's all takeout these days, and it's not as easy to determine the pay of back-of-house staff.
Man, you should see what's going on with illegal immigrants then...
Old 10-09-2022, 11:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man, you should see what's going on with illegal immigrants then...
Exploitation exists in many forms in America and other countries buckaroo, but that's not what I was talking about
Old 10-09-2022, 11:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basanos [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Exploitation exists in many forms in America and other countries buckaroo, but that's not what I was talking about
You were talking about remnants of slavery, figured you'd like to know of another one.
Closed Thread