Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 01:38 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to LazyHydras

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is this somewhat similar to the fear that brown people will come into the USA and steal your jobs?
Boy, that escalated quickly.

Nephinine - 60 Iksar Necromancer

Krystaps - 60 Iksar Warrior

Remember. . . Iksar is the master race.
Old 02-27-2019, 03:24 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

One could just setup their keyboard to spam /random 0 1000 every 5 seconds during the duration of the window yeah?
Old 02-27-2019, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluwen2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One could just setup their keyboard to spam /random 0 1000 every 5 seconds during the duration of the window yeah?
They could also get a lot of their friend's accounts banned for RMT yeah? Makes sense you'd be the one to figure out how to cheat the system, officer.
Old 02-27-2019, 04:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kluwen2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GINA thing is 100% legal according to the server rules, because it doesn't interact with the EQ software it all (it works by reading a log file that the software creates, but that log file can't affect the game at all). Once GINA detects the goblin, it has to wait for the human to hear the alert and come click the /random macro.

However, the moment you have any sort of program "spamming" or even just pressing a single key, even if the "program" is just your programmable keyboard or gamepad, you've violated the server rules. Most likely the anti-cheat code will catch you, but if not the players or the GMs eventually will.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Last edited by loramin; 02-27-2019 at 04:05 PM..
Old 02-27-2019, 04:51 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
They could also get a lot of their friend's accounts banned for RMT yeah? Makes sense you'd be the one to figure out how to cheat the system, officer.
I'm sorry you were inconvenienced for a few hours. You're welcome for all your pixels. If your accounts remained banned then you likely were involved or had prior RMT.
Last edited by Kluwen2; 02-27-2019 at 04:52 PM.. Reason: Additional info
Old 02-27-2019, 05:31 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The GINA thing is 100% legal according to the server rules, because it doesn't interact with the EQ software it all (it works by reading a log file that the software creates, but that log file can't affect the game at all). Once GINA detects the goblin, it has to wait for the human to hear the alert and come click the /random macro.

However, the moment you have any sort of program "spamming" or even just pressing a single key, even if the "program" is just your programmable keyboard or gamepad, you've violated the server rules. Most likely the anti-cheat code will catch you, but if not the players or the GMs eventually will.
You didn't know that virtually everyone who tracks (lodi/any raid mob/etc) on p99 uses spamming keyboards or software? Still waiting on those bans...
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You didn't know that virtually everyone who tracks (lodi/any raid mob/etc) on p99 uses spamming keyboards or software? Still waiting on those bans...
Ok first off I strongly suspect know you're exaggerating. Even if I bought that everyone who did Lodi was ok with cheating, and chose to do so, I simply don't buy that everyone who wants to do Lodi is technologically sophisticated enough to install and use such a program [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also don't buy that no one has ever eaten a ban, since I remember people getting caught auto-clicking back before Scout was a roll. So I really don't think the problem is as bad as you make it out to be.

But do some raiders and some Lodi farmers cheat and get away with it? Probably. We've got a 100% all volunteer staff, and they don't have time to watch every keypress on the server. Plus I'm sure that catching some auto-key pressing is difficult, if it comes from a programmable gamepad or keyboard: you can't just detect them automatically, you have to catch them in the act.

And ... so what? We still get to play on a 100% free server, that server still has rules which most people follow most of the time, and the few cheaters don't take away my fun. If I think someone is using a cheat tool I'll totally report them, and based on this server's history (of the GMs/Guides enforcing all the other rules when someone reports a violation) I'd expect them to step in and get involved.

But don't try to exaggerate things like you took some poll of all raiders and Lodi farmers and confirmed the staff don't give a crap about their own rules. If you really feel it's a problem, /petition some people, and find out if it's a rule the staff cares about enforcing.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue or Green servers, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of platinum and/or gear! Send me a forum message for details.
Old 02-28-2019, 12:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok first off I strongly suspect know you're exaggerating. Even if I bought that everyone who did Lodi was ok with cheating, and chose to do so, I simply don't buy that everyone who wants to do Lodi is technologically sophisticated enough to install and use such a program [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I also don't buy that no one has ever eaten a ban, since I remember people getting caught auto-clicking back before Scout was a roll. So I really don't think the problem is as bad as you make it out to be.

But do some raiders and some Lodi farmers cheat and get away with it? Probably. We've got a 100% all volunteer staff, and they don't have time to watch every keypress on the server. Plus I'm sure that catching some auto-key pressing is difficult, if it comes from a programmable gamepad or keyboard: you can't just detect them automatically, you have to catch them in the act.

And ... so what? We still get to play on a 100% free server, that server still has rules which most people follow most of the time, and the few cheaters don't take away my fun. If I think someone is using a cheat tool I'll totally report them, and based on this server's history (of the GMs/Guides enforcing all the other rules when someone reports a violation) I'd expect them to step in and get involved.

But don't try to exaggerate things like you took some poll of all raiders and Lodi farmers and confirmed the staff don't give a crap about their own rules. If you really feel it's a problem, /petition some people, and find out if it's a rule the staff cares about enforcing.
I didnt take a poll every single person at lodi with a pet is using a keyboard/mouse/or program that lets them spam /pet attack. I dont know why you seem to think this isnt the case? Maybe youve never been there. There are no bans for that happening.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Last edited by aaezil; 02-28-2019 at 12:10 AM..
Old 02-28-2019, 12:03 AM
Planar Protector

i got lodi and i stream my spamming so

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 02-28-2019, 01:01 AM
Sarnak

Shut the fuck up